April 18, 2024, 04:42:07 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Tea or Coffee?  (Read 4542 times)

Offline EffulgentFirefly

• Student writer with no other talents whatsoever
  • Spectating until I'm invited into a game
    • View Profile
Tea or Coffee?
« on: April 29, 2018, 12:47:27 PM »
Which do you prefer and why? I'm a tea person myself because coffee is nasty unless a f*ckton of sugar is dumped in it, and I grew up on Japanese teas.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 12:50:06 PM by Effie Azzara »
I'm too shy to initiate... But I'm open to anyone else doing it. Just tell me if you need to say something :D

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
Re: Tea or Coffee?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 12:59:58 PM »
Coffee everyday. I have espresso at home, and it's just a nice routine type thing to make it every morning. I only have one cup, if not I get too jittery and uneasy feeling. Everyday it's at home or a double double elsewhere. Tims actually doesn't have the best coffee but it's my culture I need to drink Tims. Plus ice capps. Robins is true unlike traitor Tims selling us out and importing frozen donuts. Bastards. But Robins is...not great aside from superior donuts.

Tea I just drink after dinner. I like both, but for different reasons.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 01:02:01 PM by Manimal »

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 01:03:59 PM »
Coffee forever. Coffee is love, coffee is life. Coffee is the fuel of the soul. I write poetry of coffee. I love how it puts me in this writer mindset. Coffee is just so good.

Tea has its moments. I'm sure if I could have legit Japanese made tea though, with that whole ceremonial process I'd love that too.

Offline EffulgentFirefly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 01:12:33 PM »
@Manimal Timmies is super Canadian and all, but the coffee just isn't the best D: They definitely prey on all of us drinking it because we're in Canada lol but McCafe coffee is the favourite coffee of the country for a reason. Can't speak on donuts, never had one, but I've heard pretty similar reactions from people I know.

@legomaestro The Japanese culture when it comes to tea is great, really. Definitely got me into tea at a young age.
I'm too shy to initiate... But I'm open to anyone else doing it. Just tell me if you need to say something :D

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 02:24:55 PM »
I don't do caffeine, so all the tea/coffee I drink is either caffeine free to begin with, or decaffeinated, so we can take that out as a determining factor and just concentrate on flavor.

And honestly, I can't say one over the other. I've never gotten super deep into it (I can't justify spending all that cash at a coffee shop without getting caffeine and dealing with having the barrista look at me all weird). But coffee and tea definitely set me in a different mood. But in the end, there is a much greater variety of tea (especially herbal), so I got to give it to tea.

Shout out to camomile tea, which I mainlined during test season in college to keep my nerves in check. It is without exaggeration the only way I passed calc. Eventually I became a better test taker, but it was rough there for a long time.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 02:26:11 PM »
Tea is never as effective at waking me up and getting me to focus as coffee. Tea also doesn't dry out my mouth, ruin my stomach, or give me anxiety like too much coffee will do (except decaf for that last one). Basically, coffee in the morning and if I need something in the afternoon, I'll drink either a small amount of coffee or a cup of black tea. At home, if I need to focus on something, I make decaf coffee as a placebo, and, if I need to relax, I'll make herbal tea. I don't put anything in either except when I drink tea to sooth my vocal chords, in which case I add honey and lemon juice.

Offline JustHANO

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 06:35:17 PM »
Coffee has grown on me over the year. Its just that i have a sweet tooth that only coffee based drinks can relieve. Don't start tho if you haven't, it feels like an addiction man...

Offline Krurisuchristina

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2018, 08:44:32 PM »
I drink waay too much ice coffee from Tims (like... a majority of my money is spent on ice coffee)

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2018, 10:09:35 PM »
I like to drink coffee when I'm in a working mood, and tea when I want to relax. Coffee is mostly the instant stuff with lots of sugar (sometimes too much). Tea is usually the Chinese green tea stuff, though my favourite is Orange Pekoe.

But I think I prefer tea, because I can make a potful and not feel bad about it, while coffee I'm done by one cup.
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2018, 08:35:28 AM »
@Manimal Timmies is super Canadian and all, but the coffee just isn't the best D: They definitely prey on all of us drinking it because we're in Canada lol but McCafe coffee is the favourite coffee of the country for a reason. Can't speak on donuts, never had one, but I've heard pretty similar reactions from people I know.

Tims edge is by promoting itself as Canada's coffee shop, but it sold us out when it merged with Burger King in a sickening plot twist. It's also a pretty bad company in many regards, but it's too mighty a brand. I have too many memories specifically tied to Tims...it's too strong....it's in my blood. I can justify McDoland's since it has Tims old coffee, it is really the superior taste. But I just hate going to McDolands in general, although having the times where it's $1 any size and collecting the stickers for a free one is great. Robins is the coffee shop of Northwestern Ontario, I like it for that. It makes me feel good to go, but all the locations are out dated with old signs that have sun faded since the late 90's. Honestly I kind of like that though, it has it's charm. The muffins there suck, but the donuts are really really really good. 

Offline TEA

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2018, 10:49:59 AM »
Lol, guess  ;)

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2018, 12:32:03 PM »

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2018, 09:40:23 AM »
Hmm I think we had this topic as one of the  very first topics at begin of the forum. That's like 10 years ago so.. I'm a tea person. Mostly dark tea but sometimes green tea too like at night.

Offline EffulgentFirefly

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2018, 08:00:21 PM »
Hmm... What I'm getting right now is that most people are drinking coffee for the buzz and then tea for relaxation or enjoyment. Interesting.

@TEA I wonder  :hmm:

@Manimal The Burger King sellout lost my parents as customers, but I'm in the same boat as you with this one. Even though I don't like coffee, if I'm going for a sweet coffee my shop to turn to will usually be Tims, despite everything. They really do market to Canadians in a way, and welp, I'm a Canadian. You don't see a ton of Robins down near Toronto and its surrounding cities, though; the closest one to me was an hour away and closed sometime ago, and I've got an awful allergy so I probably wouldn't be visiting for the donuts anyway. I'll take your word for it though. It sounds yummy!

@Krurisuchristina At least it isn't Starbucks, their stuff is highway robbery lol

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2018, 10:39:21 AM »
and yes, here I was this morning going to Tims again when I know my coffee at home is better. It's just nice to walk there you know, and actually the sausage breakfast sandwiches are great. Ya'll Southerners are living in a different time period then us haha. We have about 12 Robin's locations in my city, very inconsistent in quality, and around the same amount of Tims, with the last location built maybe a year or two ago. There are some townships around like Atikokan that only have a Robins. I think we've only lost one location here in the last while. I hope the chain holds on for a long time, they just need a bit of an update and clean up.

Also Starbucks...you know I like their stuff but not for those prices. The seasonal flavours are the only thing that gets me to go, Fall to Christmas.