April 16, 2024, 02:29:28 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Bleach MR: Memories Unto The Dawn  (Read 34163 times)

Online Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Bleach MR: Memories Unto The Dawn
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2018, 09:00:41 PM »
Maybe it is Mahlua! Maybe it is...

Spacing issue? You'll have to point that out. Is it like, something the forum's formatting got weird?

Slight spoiler I guess, but taking people to another dimension is the expressed purpose of the gargantas. You didn't get super far in to Bleach right? Did you get around to the arrancar stuff?

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2018, 09:06:34 PM »
I literally stopped at the end of the Bount arc when the main crew were making their way to Hueco Mundo. :sure:
Good news is that I literally do not give a single dolphin flip through a flaming ring of f*ck about spoilers. Spoil me all you want. Major character deaths. Plot twists. History reveals. Hit me with all of it.

as for the spacing issue
here's where it is:
But, it was entirely possible they could have been taken by surprise, as         Lego had. Whatever was going on, Noisey was going to need that knife.
Haha signature go brr.

Online Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2018, 09:08:22 PM »
Huh, yeah that is weird.

I'll be sure to at least keep up with referencing the basics then.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2018, 08:11:15 AM »
Man Vacant and Coryn know their Kidou. No1sey too. What the hell have I been doing, just swinging my sword around? Wait a minute, that totally makes sense considering.

Oh gawd will there be a Nnoitra fight for me? And if there's an Uluqiorra kind of dude around... You can miss me with that. Dude was deadly as hell.

Nice show of action as always. And I can't help but think Corycaly's response to the whole thing is perfect: Her captains are vanished by some mysterious enemy and she's like 'Hm. Hope I know what they're doing.' Totally not concerned at all haha.

Your killing streak is ongoing man with the writing. Great stuff to see. Nice chapter. Looking forward to more!

Online Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2018, 08:56:22 AM »
Thanks Lego! I got a smattering of ideas for what we'll face. Although give me some credit, I'm not just going to recycle Kubo's designs.

Offline SoulScopes

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2018, 01:50:47 AM »
I like it!

Online Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2018, 07:41:32 AM »
Thanks Soul! I hope you'll continue to follow along!

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2018, 05:42:13 PM »
Any ETA on the next chapter?

Online Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2018, 10:59:55 PM »
It's third in tge rotation, so next Sunday is the plan. The chapter is already written, it's just waiting for its number to come up.

Online Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2018, 05:47:17 PM »
And here is the promised chapter three. I hope y'all like it!

CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 3

This garganta trip was not like any the captains had experienced. Normally you had to form your own path through, hardening reishi into a solid surface. This time however, it was as if some great and unseen force had taken hold of them. Together with the arrancars, the four captains whipped through the dark space between worlds at a frightening speed.
   Coryn and Vacant still grappled with the male arrancar, although it was clear they were making no headway. Whatever was pulling them across the darkness was also constructing their movements. Even the arrancar was bound by the force, although he seemed to accept its grasp. After fighting it for a time, the two captains ceased their protestations, and relaxed into the flow. Their time would be better spent resting until their inevitable arrival. Little did they realize, they would not have to wait long.
   Much sooner than expected, the far side of the garganta opened before the trio. This maw followed the slower pace that the captains were accustomed to, but they were spit out into the open night air long before the aperture reached its full extent. And suddenly, they were where no shinigami wished to tread: Hueco Mundo.
   The moon was out, the sand was white, the sky was black. It was the singular state of existence in the world of the hollows. But that tranquility was being disturbed, and neither captain was prepared for what that would bring them.
   Coryn grabbed the arrancar, and came to a grinding halt mid air with an invisible layer of reishi. Vacant, on the other hand, continued falling for a little while longer. His gaze was focused on the now closing garganta. He couldn't be sure, but Vacant could have sworn he saw a large, black shape moving against the void within. He had heard rumors of menos that lived within the void between Hueco Mundo and the rest of existence, but he had never believed them. Even now, he doubted his own eyes, and pushed the thought from his mind. There were more important matters to attend to.
   They landed in a shallow, sandy canyon. Rock outcroppings rose on either side of them. With luck the cliffs would hide the captains’ location to any wandering hollows. Both knew that their presence would be sure to set off the senses of brave, or foolish hollows looking for a meal. They got down to business.
   The arrancar’s face hit the ground with astounding speed, although Coryn made sure that he would be able to speak. “Alright arrancar, it's time to tell us what's going on.”
   The young man seemed ready to speak, but before he could, the blade of a sword delved into the sand next to his neck. It wasn't close enough to actually cut, but more than close enough to discourage resistance. Vacant and Coryn moved their eyes up to see Lego standing amongst them. “I felt you two nearby. Don't tell me this punk got the better of you?”
   “It's our fault is it?” Replied Vacant. “You don't look like you escaped our fate either. How did you get here?”
   Lego leaned back and crossed his arms. “There were two of them. I thought this one was her, but now that I'm up close, he's not as pretty.”
   Coryn said. “So was it just you?”
   “Nah,” Lego shook his head. “Noisey was there too, but I don’t know what happened to him after the garganta swallowed me.”
   The three captains were about to turn their attentions back to the arrancar who was still patiently waiting in the sand, but were stopped from doing so as Noisey’s own voice rang out above them. “Perhaps I can shed some light on that then.”
   Above them, Noisey was gently descending from another closing garganta. The female arrancar was in his custody, her hands bound by a kido spell. Noisey had additionally confiscated her zanpakuto. He did not release the girl upon landing, but was not keeping too tight a grip on her either. Instead of waiting for anyone to ask, he began speaking. “She started to explain on the way across, but I thought it would be better if we were all here for this. I think we all need to come to a consensus on our course of action.”
   Then, to everyone’s surprise, he released her. The spell around her hands remained though, and Noisey neglected to hand back her katana. She yelled. “We’ll tell you everything! But first, release my brother!” The arrancar motioned to the one Coryn held against the ground. Reluctantly, Coryn released the boy, although he snatched the arrancar’s zanpakuto off of him as he scurried up next to what was apparently his sister.
   Once they were both next to each other, it became clear that there were several marked similarities between them. They both had the same dark hair, the same eyes, and most interesting of all: their mask fragments seemed as if they could come together to form a single whole. Past encounters with arrancar had shown that they did at times portray themselves as siblings. Although since the very idea ran counter to how hollows produced, it was ultimately decided that these bonded hollows either did so out of the circumstances of their lives, or by splitting one soul into two or more pieces. In either case, the assembled shinigami did not have the time, or in some cases willingness, to delve further into the subject. Especially, after what they were told next.
   The girl spoke. It was hurried, and frantic. “My name is Netra Krogh, and this is my brother, Nurul. Please, there isn’t much time!” The two bowed in unison, and spoke as one. “Please, destroy the Espada for us!”
   That, was not what anyone had expected to hear.
   A few anxious seconds passed. The arrancar siblings were still bowed, still staring at the captains. Even if their words weren’t, the fear in their eyes seemed real. Despite that, the first words out of Vacants mouth were: “First of all, there are no Espada! Soul Society wiped them out generations ago. And second of all, even if there were, why should we believe that this isn’t some trap you’re setting us up for?”
   The twins didn’t seem to know their response. They slowly returned to a standing position, but as everyone had once again fell silent, Coryn stepped forward. “Before any of that, run me through just exactly what you’re plan was. If there are any more of you wreaking havoc in Soul Society right now, one of us has to go back and warn them.”
   Nurul responded. “There aren’t, and even if there were, there’s no way you could get back in time.”
   Coryn cast him a quizzical look. “Why not just use those daggers again? They got us here pretty quickly.”
   Nurul hesitated before responding. “I dropped it in the garganta. And even if I hadn’t, it wouldn’t be of any use. They were only good for so many trips. We each used one to sneak in, and the extra got used when you dragged us back with you.”
   Noisey spoke. “I think I can confirm that.” The group turned, and he presented the dagger he had captured in his now bandaged hand. While the weapon had started smooth and solid, it was now visibly porous, and bits of its surface were floating away in the breeze like specs of ash. “It looks like he’s telling the truth. This thing is turning to dust in my hand.”
   Nurul said. “That’s why I’m telling you it’s impossible.”
   His sister followed on his heels. “We were supposed to send back as many captains as we could. Four is more than we had  hoped for anyway.”
   “And who sent you in the first place?” Asked Vacant.
   Netra said. “It’s like you said. The Espada were wiped out a long time ago, but the arrancar weren’t. We aren’t all battle crazed lunatics. There are enclaves of arrancar all across Hueco Mundo. But recently, they’ve been getting wiped out, raided. Whoever is doing it is killing them down to the last warrior. The one that survives, they’re taking to Los Noches…”
   Coryn said. “Ah, and that’s where you’re coming up with Espada. But to me it sounds like you actually haven’t seen them for yourselves. Are you sure you aren’t jumping to conclusions.”
   Netra came across as genuinely offended. “You don’t understand! Los Noches has been taboo ever since the time of the old Espada. Every hollow in Hueco Mundo knows what that place means. They couldn’t have announced their intentions louder if they tried.”
   Nurul said. “The other settlements have tracked them, after every few raids, another pair of tracks appear, and they always lead back to Los Noches. At the rate they’re going, they’ll either rebuild the Espada and enslave the rest of us as fracción, or kill us all trying.”
   Finally, Netra finished their proposal. “That’s why we need you to destroy them for us. There aren’t any warriors capable of standing up to them left. At the rate they’re going, it won’t be long until they’ve completed their goal. If you destroy them now, while they’re still at half strength, then it will be better for both Soul Society, and to those of us who want to live in peace.”
   The captains looked each other over. Mixed emotions were spread across their faces. The Kenpachi just shrugged. “Sounds pretty simple to me. We let them build up their strength, wipe out a bunch of hollows that we aren’t friendly with anyways, and then get to have a much better fight later on.”
   Noisey scolded him. “Killing hollows is our territory, but letting them come to full strength will put a lot of innocent souls in danger. Protecting them is also your responsibility.”
   Vacant said. “He’s got a point Lego. Those other arrancar haven’t been causing us trouble. There’s no need to start a war.”
   While the others continued to argue, Coryn spoke to Netra and Nurul. “Did I hear that correctly when you said ‘half strength’? Am I to understand that there are already five of them?”
Netra shook her head and said. “The scouts have only reported seeing four tracks at most. But we can’t deny the possibility there’s more.”
   Coryn went into thought with a subtle humming noise, but behind him the other three were reaching their consensus. Lego threw his hands into the air with a huff, and crossed them. “Alright alright! You know my self control is already low. And I would be a liar if I said I didn’t have an itching to bash their heads in. I say we do it now.”
   The commotion had awakened Coryn from his thought process, and he turned to his fellow captains. “I concur with moving now. If we can cut this threat off at the pass, we will save ourselves a lot of hardship later. But I still don’t feel comfortable leaving the rest of the Gotei out of the loop.”
   Vacant was all smiles. “Right-o! Guess that means one of you is going back to deliver the news for us!” It was clear that he was addressing the two siblings, but neither were prepared for the suggestion.
   Netra yelled. “You can’t be serious!” But Vacant was not deterred.
   “If the Espada are rising again, then Soul Society needs to be warned. And past that, they need to know where we are. They’ll believe you if you tell them...I think.”
   Nurul said. “It will take one of us a while to get there, and they will definitely capture us before we even get near your commanders.”
   Vacant’s reply was: “I’m counting on it!” He snatched the confiscated zanpakuto’s from Noisey and Coryn, and returned them to their owners. “But it’s like I said. Just one of you is going back. We need the other to guide us to Los Noches. Hueco Mundo geography is not a required course at the Academy you see.”
   Both arrancars looked lost, but Netra managed to snap out of it long enough to catch an object thrown her way. She traced its arc back to Coryn, who was shuffling some papers back into his kimono. She looked down, and saw that it was an envelope hand addressed to Captain Corycaly. Netra looked back up for an explanation, and Coryn provided. “I was supposed to have that delivered tonight. She’ll know what it’s about, and more importantly: she’ll know there’s no way you forged it. It will at least get you an audience.”
   It took a moment for it all to sink in. Netra stepped back, and tapped the air before here. A garganta opened before her, this one at the regular speed. She stepped inside, and gave one last worried glance to her brother before it closed. “Be safe Nurul.”
   “I will.” Was his only reply.
   The garganta closed, and the remaining party took off in what the captains presumed to be the direction of Los Noches. It would not take them long to find out, as Los Noches shows itself long before you ever reach it.

The doors to the captain’s meeting room opened for her, and Corycaly stepped inside. Per usual, she was greeted by two rows of captains, and the Captain-Commander at the front. Four captains were conspicuously absent, and the mood was incredibly tense, but that was not unexpected from what she had already known. What set off alarms in her head, was the arrancar she saw shackled to the floor with irons and kido in the middle of the room.
   Corycaly cast quick glances around at the other captains as the doors closed behind her. All the eyes she could see were trained on the girl, who was visibly uncomfortable, and gagged. She could not blame them, but even from her vantage point, it seemed overzealous. Still, given the circumstances, Corycaly did not disagree.
Up ahead however, she saw Hasith, whose eye was kept firmly on her. “Captain Corycaly, please approach. There is something I want you to see.”
   She complied, and stepped around the restrained Netra. As she got past the arrancer, she noticed the extra zanpakuto at Hasith’s feet, presumably taken from the girl, and in his hand, an envelope.
   Hasith said. “It is addressed to you.” And handed her the envelope.
   Corycaly stepped to the Captain-Commander’s side, opened the letter, and began to read. Her brow knitted, and addressed the assembled captains once she had fully processed the note. “It’s a letter from Captain Sken, from an ongoing series of correspondence I’ve had with him over using troops from Squad 13 as test subjects in a project he is putting together.” She dropped the letter to her side. “There is nothing relating to the captured arrancar, but I can confirm it was written in his hand.”
   A dull murmur broke out amongst the captains, which Hasith had to silence with a bang of his sword. “Silence!” He turned his head towards Corycaly. “Are you sure?”
   She nodded. “Nothing out of the ordinary. Did she say anything before she was muzzled?”
   Captain Sherbet of Squad 4 said. “Told the gate guard that she had somethin’ to tell the Captain-Commander. If you want mah opinion, that’s just what she’s sayin’ she’s daein. Dinnae believe her.”
   All eyes turned to Hasith, and he closed his eye in thought. If that arrancar girl was there to trick them, then hearing what the trick was would be more beneficial than not hearing it at all. If on the other hand, she told them the truth, then it would be doubly important to hear her out. After settling his mind, Hasith reopened his eye. “Let her speak.”

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2018, 06:45:27 PM »
Nice twist towards the middle there. Though I'm a little confused with the sibling arancars approach' to asking for help, considering that they attacked captains initially. I mean sure, even though a pair of arancars waltzing into the soul society and casually asking Captain level shinigami to eliminate some rouge Espada probably isn't the greatest of ideas, but causing tension via sneak attack and then requesting a favor later doesn't sit well either. Then again, now that I'm thinking about it more, obviously it's clear their intentions were to bait the captains by luring them into Los Noches first, and then force the group to accept their request by putting them into a uncomfortable position. Ah, I feel like I'm way too much thought into this lol.

Anyways, solid chapter. I'm looking forward to what kind of  Espada you got cooking up to reveal later. Reading this makes me wanna waste my time on watching old Bleach episodes again. You know, the episodes when Bleach was actually fun to watch...   
Messatsu...

Online Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2018, 11:05:10 PM »
Haha, yeah. It was more of a "they'll have to help after we kidnapped them" kinda plan. I mean, if you're already in Hueco Mundo, yah might as well kill some espada.

I hope they will impress too! I've been working on them for a while now. If only I could pull off the Kubo design style myself. Alas, you'll have to make due with text descriptions.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2018, 07:52:38 AM »
Nurul and Nestra seem like pretty Kubo-esque names there. How did you come up with them? Also I wonder who's the most accomplished Kido-artist between No1sey, Vacant and Coryn. I can't help but put it in my head as a competition between Ukitake, Kyouraku and Urahara.

I wonder what the 'New Espada' will be like. I'm expecting some pretty epic battles there.

I have no idea how those daggers work even in theory. What was the force that was pulling them? It's not important but I'm just a bit curious.

Online Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2018, 12:38:14 PM »
Thanks for reading Lego!

I got their names by taking first/names from East Asian and eastern European names. I forget if the first or last names were from Europe or not (think the last names were European), and I just made sure that they had an 'arrancar like ring' to them. If you look at the actual arrancar, Kubo used a pretty similar method. You just need a solid database of names to draw on.

You'll have to let me know if I keep up the illusion as I reveal the new espada. You'll note how I kept their numbers low for my own sake.  :sadbye:

Given that we know Coryn fights purely with kido, I'll say him (not playing favorites. It's just we know he doesn't use his sword. Gotta fill that gap somehow)

The concept behind the daggers was that they A) Summon a garganta, and B) Compell some sort of menos style hollow to pull whoever was swallowed into Hueco Mundo. Playing a bit fast and loose with the lore there, but i pulled the inspiration from when Aizen escapes at the end of the rescue Arc. I should also say, that whatever spell that makes the daggers work is activated by the blood of someone with high spiritual pressure.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 05:10:43 PM by Coryn »

Online Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2019, 05:16:09 PM »
Why has it been so long since you posted a chapter Coryn? Why did you break off in the middle of your posting schedule Coryn? Is it possible you're a hack and a fraud Coryn?

My apologies on all accounts everyone. War Arc has eaten up a lot more of my time than originally anticipated. We should be back to my usual rotations now though. Please enjoy chapter 4 of Memories Unto The Dawn!

CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 4

Nurul had taken the lead, and the captains followed close behind. At first they followed out of suspicion. There was no doubt in their minds that they were being watched. Unseen eyes followed them. Four captains of the Gotei 13 had infiltrated the world of the hollows, it only made sense that they would attract curious onlookers. The onlooker’s curiosity would only increase from seeing said captains associating with an arrancar. Either because of the captain's company, or because they knew better, the hollows kept clear. This was much to the relief of the captains, as they had no wish to engage until it was absolutely necessary. The shinigami had grown up hearing stories of the Espada. It was a legend of triumph, but it made clear that just because those in the past had succeeded, it did not mean it would always be the case.
        The quickest way to get yourself killed was by underestimating a hollow, even one that masqueraded as human.
        The closer they got, the quieter it became. Fewer and fewer eyes were felt, and even though those stares belied greater strength, they eventually gave way to emptiness. By the time Los Noches appeared on the horizon, Nurul and the captains found themselves completely alone in that white sand desert.
        Nurul took a step back from the captains. “Well, there it is, in all of its ruined glory.”
        The captains studied the structure. A half ruined dome still hung over the palace, and the captains could see mighty cracks running along the surface. Most of its structural integrity had been lost, and whoever these new Espada were, they obviously did not see fit to repair it. Perhaps they hadn’t wanted to return it to its former state, perhaps they simply lacked the ability. At the very least, it was clear the captains would have to find their own infiltration point. They would get no help from Nurul to find another. He was already backing away from the captains. Lego turned towards him. “What's the matter? Afraid of an old building?”
        Nurul shook his head. “I'm afraid of what's inside. Besides, you don't need me anymore. I know you can feel them, just as I can. The Espada are waiting for you.”
        The captains looked back towards the building. Nurul did not lie. Any shinigami could have felt the killing intent long before they had seen Los Noches. There couldn't be any mistaking it. The Espada knew the captains were there, and they were sending out an open invitation, loud and clear.
        Noisey said. “We only asked him to show us they way after all. There's no need to press him further.” He turned towards Nurul. “Head back and let your villages know what's happened.”
        “And tell them to expect us once we're done!” Coryn chirped. “I'm interested in learning how you arrancar organize yourselves. I promise I will be an entirely peaceful envoy!”
        Vacant shook his head. “When you say it like that it makes you sound suspicious. Besides, don't be so optimistic.”
        Coryn shrugged. “And you shouldn't be a pessimist.”
        “Of course not.” Said Vacant with a wave of his hand.
        Nurul, meanwhile, continued to not comprehend the captain’s demeanor. Didn't they realize they had all signed up for what was tantamount to a suicide mission? It was a hollow's nature to think of the shinigami as little more than glorified meals, but the flippant way these captains conducted themselves exceeded even that assumption. They were walking into awaiting jaws, and they didn't even know it.
        He stepped back from them one last time. “I hope you aren't overestimating yourselves.” Nurul turned way. “I'll retreat for now. If you do survive, please release Netra. She can lead you back to us, if that's what you desire. Now, good luck.” With the electric buzz of sonído, he disappeared, and left the four shinigami alone in the land of hollows.
        Lego formed a rectangle with his fingers, as if mimicking a camera. He sized up Los Noches in the little window. “It's still really far away right? They say it just looks close because it's so big.”
        “Yeah…” Said Vacant. “He did show us the way, but I'd say we still have a few hours left to travel.”
        Noisey shook his head. “I don't like long trips. All this running is going to tire us out before we even get there.”
        Lego dropped to all fours, as if in a starting position. “So you're saying it's a race!”
        “No I-!” Protested Noisey, but Lego was long gone. His flash step carried him far beyond the other captain's line of sight, even if they could still feel his presence. It seemed that the Kenpachi was just as amped up by the Espada's 'invitation’ as they had hoped he would be. The other captains gave each other a look of resignation before speeding after him.

He had a name once. But that didn't matter anymore. Now he was just a number. He was Arrancar 36. Just another would be Espada who didn't make the cut. Dragged from his village, made to compete for his life. All of that just to be made a fracción of the Espada. He was alive, and that was better than most of those the Espada abducted, but not by much.
        36 sat in the control room of Los Noches. Many of the screens showed nothing. The places they monitored long having been destroyed. But most remained intact, and on them he could see four approaching figures.
        Shinigami.
        Enemies of the Espada.
        He had been told they were coming. Somehow the Espada had picked up on it long before any of the fracción had. That was just the difference between them, he told himself. It was why despite his willingness, he would never join their ranks.
        That ambition had been beaten out of him. His number proved it.
        36 calmly set things into motion. The Espada had left very specific instructions. They had chosen their places upon the stage, and it was up to 36 to make sure the guests also found their marks.
        Arrancar 36 was loyal. Arrancar 36 would ensure the Espada were ascendant.

Netra was no longer chained or gagged, but she was not free. She sat behind a set of bars. It was a holding cell that she was sure was never meant to contain an arrancar. Even if there were unseen spells meant to keep her in place, Netra guessed that she would be able to break through.
        What she was unsure of, was getting past the woman who stood on the other side of the gate.
        Netra recognized her as the captain named ‘Corycaly’. The woman who had read Sken's letter. She had been among those who voted to believe Netra's tale, and had then been assigned guard duty. Corycaly had remained at her post ever since.
        Netra didn't feel any malice from the captain, but the longer she studied her, the more convinced she became that Corycaly was not to be trifled with. And furthermore, that if Netra had tried hunting Corycaly on the previous night, that she would have never made it back to Hueco Mundo alive.
        “So…” Said Netra. “Do you just intend to leave me here until I begin to rot?”
        Corycaly gave Netra a kind smile, which unnerved Netra even more so. “Only until our erstwhile captains return to verify your story.”
        Netra shook her head at the sentiment. “How can you be so sure they're even coming back? These are Espada we're talking about. You may have defeated them in the past, but this is now. Times change.”
        She turned towards the window to sulk. Sunlight streamed in from the midday sun. It was a far cry from Hueco Mundo, but it didn't make her long for the sunshine. Home was home, after all.
“They'll be back.” Offered Corycaly from behind her. “I trained them myself, after all. No, my only worry is that they will destroy their hoari in the process. I took great pains to sew theirs.”
        Netra cast a glance back at the smiling captain. “I wish I could be so cavalier.”

The captains took a rest at the foot of Los Noches. What had started as a foot race had quickly fallen into a steady pattern after all. Los Noches was truly huge, and even a captain couldn't waste effort in the arrival.
        “Next time…” Said Coryn as he took in a breath. “We plan to arrive a little closer to the building.”
        Noisey shook his head at the blonde captain. “I hope you're not planning on there being a next time.”
        Lego said. “Oh don't worry, after I'm done in there, there won't be a need for a second round.”
        “Sure, sure.” Said Vacant. “After you then.” He gestured towards a massive crack in the structure. It was deep and black. Easily wide enough to allow a fully grown man to pass through. And from the air they could feel flowing out of it, there was little doubt in the captains’ minds that they had found their entrance.
        Lego straightened himself out and stepped forward. “Don't fall behind now.” The Kenpachi climbed into the darkness, and disappeared. Shortly thereafter, the other three captains followed behind, with Noisey taking up the rear guard.

Noisey followed the dark path. He could sense his fellow captains ahead of him, but they felt distant, like they were miles away. It was an odd sensation that permeated him as he walked. It was said that Los Noches possessed strange properties. But this disruption of his senses he had not expected. Perhaps it was because they were in the wall itself and not a proper entrance?
        Noisey sighted what seemed to be daylight from the far end of the passage. The jagged stone of Los Noches was highlighted in relief, but Noisey couldn't see his companions. They must have already exited the pass, he thought to himself.
        When Noisey stepped out into the light, he was totally alone.
        Noisey stood atop a dune, and was met only with a vast expanse of bright desert. Cuboidal structures lay scattered in all directions, but there was no indication of where Noisey's companions had disappeared to. The captain turned around, so see if he had somehow managed to pass them in the darkness. When he did, he found that the cave, and the wall itself had disappeared. Noisey found nothing but quiet, empty sand.
        That peace would soon be disturbed.
        “You confused yet Cap’?!” Shouted a voice from behind Noisey.
        Noisey turned to see a figure sitting atop one of the structures. His skin was deeply tan, and a messy green mohawk ran down his head. A white jacket, its sleeves rolled up past the elbows, displayed the man's bare chest. His trousers were also rolled up to just below the knee, and below them were a pair of short boots.
        What Noisey was concentrated on however, was the black hole just below the man's naval, and the massive amount of killing intent he was projecting.
        “So then…” said the man. He raised his left hand, and displayed his palm. There, in black ink, Noisey could read the number ‘4’. “How do you feel about seeing an Espada for the first time Cap’?”
        “Hrm?” Mused Noisey. “Number four is it? What's your name?”
        The Espada did not look please at having his question be ignored. But he answered anyway. “Parviz Aristizabal! Espada Cuatro! Now answer the damn question!”
        Noisey gave a shallow bow before answering. “My name is Joshua Noisey, Captain of Squad 10 of the Gotei 13. Before I answer, may I ask you one more question?”
        Parviz spit onto the sand, and stood up. “Just one.”
        Noisey nodded. “Thank you. I just wanted to know, how many Espada you have gathered so far?”
        The Espada studied the captain, attempting to figure out what he was trying to achieve. But seeing no harm in it, he responded. “Five. There's five fully fledged Espada.”
        Noisey breathed out a sigh of relief. “That's good. I'm glad I got the weakest one.”
        “The hell did you just say?!”
        “I said…” elaborated Noisey. “That I'm glad I got the weakest one of you. You still count your numbers from zero to nine correct? So I'm glad that you are the least powerful. I want to spend as little time fussing about with this as possible. Getting into a protracted fight with you will just slow me down. It just means…” Noisey placed his hand on the hilt of his sword. “That the sooner I kill you, the sooner I can get back to my duties.”
        Parviz shouted, “Screw you!” and rushed Noisey. The Espada had drawn his sword, and was on top of the captain in a blink of an eye. Parviz was up against Noisey, his zanpakuto having been brought down, but Noisey had drawn his own blade. The two locked in a standoff of clashing steel and sparks.
        “You shinigami really piss me off you know that?! I'm going to rip your head right off your body Cap’!”
        Noisey said. “I invite you to try.”
        Parviz broke off their clash, and kicked Noisey in the chest. The captain was sent hurtling back across the dunes, and only came to a stop after he stabbed his sword deep into the sand. When Noisey looked up, he found Parviz high in the air above him, a bead of red light at the tip of his fingers. “Cero!”
        The beam was fast, but Noisey was quicker. When the cero began to decimate the desert, the captain had long repositioned himself to the crest of a nearby dune. When it was over, Parviz dropped down next to the crater of freshly molten glass.
        “What are yah running around for Cap’? I thought you were going to finish this quickly. Why not show me that fancy shinigami sword of yours? I know it's not just for decoration!”
        Noisey contemplated the espada, and sighed. “I was hoping I wouldn't have to become too animated, but I suppose a member of the Espada deserves my full attention.” The captain pulled up his arm, so that his zanpakuto was pointed back over his left shoulder. “Scream into the night, Shinchona Risuna!”
        Noisey swung the blade across his chest and out to his right side. As it traveled, blue reishi encased it. When Noisey's arm came to a rest, the weapon transformed all at once. The hilt elongated in both directions from Noisey's hand. The blade curved and split into two, forming a 'U’ shape. At last the resihi dispersed in a shower of flakes, and Noisey was left holding a long spear, which strongly resembled a tuning fork.
        Parviz eyed the zanpakuto's three foot blades. Even without the long spear handle, the captain would have the distance advantage. He would have to get in close, but once he had, the shinigami wouldn't stand a chance. In the meantime, he would have to test its powers. “Fancy spear you got there Cap’! What's it do?”
        Noisey looked at his zanpakuto. It was not highly adorned, but there was a small flourish from the relief which held the ‘U’ shaped blade to the shaft. He did not hate the fanciful design, but he did not love it either. It was a distraction from the true purpose of the weapon. An item of flair that belied the usefulness of his tool. The captain let the weight of the spear sink his arm, until the blade rested just above the surface of the dune. “Allow me to show you, Parviz Aristizabal” Noisey tapped his blades against the sand, and let Shinchona Risuna go to work.
        Parviz watched intently as Noisey hit his blade against the ground. He didn’t recognize it at first, but the intent soon became clear. Something was coming for him, and it was coming quick.
        The espada shot backwards as the sand in front of him erupted with a high pitched squeal. He threw up his off arm to keep the sand out of his eyes, but instead he received an unanticipated sensation.
        Pain.
        Parviz’s eyes widened as he saw a gash open up on his forearm, apparently brought on by nothing at. He knew that Noisey must somehow be responsible, but seeing how the captain had not moved from atop his dune, Parviz was unsure how it was possible. When Parviz landed several yards back, he yelled at Noisey. “What the hell was that?!”
        Noisey seemed unmoved. “My apologies. I meant to cleave you cleanly in half, but I didn’t compensate enough for the sand. It won’t happen again.”
        Alarm shot through Parviz’s frame, but he forced himself to remain calm. “That’s sure as hell not what I mean! Explain yourself shinigami!”
        Noisey said. “Was it not clear to you? This is Shinchona Risuna, my ‘careful listener’. It’s a sound based zanpakuto. Sound is a wave you see, and needs some medium to travel through. This sand isn’t very dense, so my attack lost a lot of its power. If you would be so kind to travel to one of these buildings, I would be able to kill you much more efficiently.”
        “Like hell I’d allow that!” Screamed Parviz. He pointed a finger at Noisey. “Cero!”
        Noisey flash-stepped out of the way yet again. This time however, he appeared right next to Parviz. The captain slashed up with his spear, and while it did not connect, a vertical wound split open on Parviz’s cheek as the compressed sound waves traveled through the air to the espada’s face.
        Both Parviz and Noisey shot back, but not far enough to be out of each other’s range. Noisey lunged forward with a flurry of strikes, leaving Parviz only capable of bashing them away.
   Noisey said. “Stand down espada! This isn’t a battle you can win. It will be easier if we both agree to end it.”
   “Screw you!” Shouted Parviz. He made another leap back, and readied his hand for another cero. Before he could even summon the pulsing ball of red energy however, it was too late.
   Noisey rushed forward, and caught Parviz’s neck in the apex of his ‘U’ shaped blades. The espada grabbed the spear handle with his free hand. It was all Parviz could do to keep his neck from being caught by the blade. The two sailed across the sand, until they hit on of the nearby buildings. Noisey’s blades sunk deeply into the wall, carrying Parviz with him. Much to the espada’s surprise however, the shinigami did not continue all the way through. It was deep enough that he was trapped, true. But the espada could still see a way of escape. All Parviz had to do was wait for his moment.
   “Why not finish the job Cap’?! Or are you just afraid your best won’t be good enough?”
   Noisey shook his head. “I was just considering giving you a second chance. I’m sure you already know, but we were lead here by arrancar who are trying to prevent your oppression. You’re no weakling. Someone like you could help them. It’s not necessary for the shinigami and the arrancar to war.”
   Shinchona Risuna’s blade sunk a little deeper into the wall. Parviz’s pulled his head back as far as he could. Noisey was still out of striking distance of his sword, but at this distance, it wouldn’t matter. “You don’t know the arrancar very well then Cap’! And you sure don’t know the Espada! We’re going to bring all of Hueco Mundo under our control, and after that, Soul Society will feel our wrath!”
   Parviz glanced down at the spear, and gleaned a detail he had missed. The arrancar hadn’t noticed it before, but the blades were only sharp on the outside. On the inward facing side, they were as dull as could be. Slowly, the espada began to laugh. “Oh, you are a fool aren’t you?! How do intend to finish me with a dull blade huh?!”
   As soon as the words were out of his mouth, Parviz realized something. His hand was shaking. While the inside of the blades were dull, they were vibrating. However slightly, there was definitely movement there. Movement, that was building in intensity with each passing second. Parviz’s hand shot off of the weapon as the realization took hold. Rage gave way to worry. “Pull back shinigami! Let’s finish this like men!”
   “Ah…” replied Noisey. “Now that is a sentiment that has killed many.”
   The spear sank a little deeper, and Parviz could now audibly pick up the vibrations of the weapon They were reaching a fever pitch, and Parviz did not contemplate what would happen once the ‘U’ shaped blade, however dull, reach his neck. In desperation, the espada went for his own sword. “Gnash-!”
   Noisey shouted. “It’s too late! Shinchona Risuna, sing for me!”
   The zanpakuto moved forward.
   Contact was made.
   An explosion of blood painted the dull wall of the cuboidal building.
   The headless body of Parviz Aristizabal crumpled to the white sands.
   Noisey regarded the red splatter on his white hoari. It would stain, but that was the problem for a future man. Another Noisey would make that report. Another Noisey would apologize to Corycaly. Another Noisey would don a freshly sown robe. But all of that would have to wait for another day. Until then, he needed to progress further into Los Noches. He could still sense his fellow captains, however distant they had become. But more importantly, he could sense a presence ahead. A presence, that he could only assume, was their real target that day.
   The captain regarded Parviz’s corpse on last time. “It was a good fight, Espada Number 4. May you find peace in the next life.”