March 29, 2024, 03:25:08 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Beta Readers Wanted  (Read 2096 times)

Offline EffulgentFirefly

• Student writer with no other talents whatsoever
  • Spectating until I'm invited into a game
    • View Profile
Beta Readers Wanted
« on: April 21, 2018, 05:17:58 PM »
Though I edit my work and do my very best to make it better, I can't do everything myself, so a few beta readers would really help me out. I'm not looking for anything particularly serious other than someone to help me out or point out any things that could be changed, and all criticism is welcome, as long as it's constructive. I also want to know if my quality of writing is any good, which can be hard to get from friends and family.

As of right now, I'm writing YA fiction, which is what I need opinions on the most. Again, I'm not looking for anything too serious, just to gain insight on my writing and how I write.
I'm too shy to initiate... But I'm open to anyone else doing it. Just tell me if you need to say something :D

Offline TEA

• View Profile
Re: Beta Readers Wanted
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 10:01:45 AM »
Sure, I don't mind doing that. I might not exactly be your audience though.

Offline EffulgentFirefly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 12:38:39 PM »
Thanks! ;D I don't want to have someone reading over my work and being bored out of their mind because they aren't part of that target demographic, though, and YA can be pretty dull if you aren't into it. If you're still interested, I'd love for you to take a look and see what you think, but I'd completely understand if you don't want to, or if you want to drop the story whenever.
I'm too shy to initiate... But I'm open to anyone else doing it. Just tell me if you need to say something :D

Offline TEA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 01:45:09 PM »
That's a good point actually, oh well! Hope you find somebody! Happy to have a look regardless, I like most genres and some YA stuff.

Offline EffulgentFirefly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 06:11:57 PM »
I'd be happy if you wanted to look over it, but I'd never ask someone to read something they wouldn't enjoy. That goes for anyone that comes across this. I don't want anyone to read my work if they find the genre boring, because that'd be kinda unfair.