October 18, 2019, 07:02:31 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Location and characters  (Read 3686 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Location and characters
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 08:59:17 PM »
well thanks for thats. i like americans too. but really its the compicated cultural aspects of america that makes america well... america

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 10:34:05 PM »
Tim you took those screen shots from FMP Fumoffu, didn't you ? lol Yesterday I watched that episode.

@Waseef : When I d said Asian cultures like Japanese it didn't meant Only japan.

Main thing is not only culture. About culture you can read in books just like history. But each society they their own habits, life styles use of words, even the way they joke about things. When you contract a character you need to think about these too.

Offline AnimeDoodler

• Life's a pencil and someone is chewing my eraser..
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 01:36:52 PM »
Broadcasting from CA, USA:

America is not like that. STOP. The Japanese are all wrong. STOP. Guns are given to teenagers, not kids.STOP. Jeez. STOP.

Offline Citae

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2009, 03:46:06 PM »
Yep, I most enjoy the completely created fantasy world where I can blend all sorts of civilizations, even ones that have never existed... I think you can be most creative in those scenarios. My current project is steampunk, so I'm blending 19th century England with all sorts of 'what if' post apocalyptic worlds, including Japanese

I love doing that! Ancient civilizations, other people's cultures, and customs always give me great ideas! Then, I mix some things up here and there, create something and voila!

Sometimes I get worried if I am portraying a culture accurately but then I say to myself that it is my story so I could make it the way I want it to. Though I feel that the reference should not be TOO obvious.