December 14, 2018, 12:16:41 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: My first time drawing in years  (Read 1644 times)

Offline EffulgentFirefly

• Student writer with no other talents whatsoever
  • Spectating until I'm invited into a game
    • View Profile
Re: My first time drawing in years
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2018, 10:07:10 PM »
Yeah, definitely are worse things to spray paint onto buildings. Just gotta figure out how I'm gonna do it right  ;D
I'm too shy to initiate... But I'm open to anyone else doing it. Just tell me if you need to say something :D

Offline EffulgentFirefly

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2018, 05:42:46 PM »
Haven't drawn in awhile, but I decided to photograph every stage of my most recent one.

The sketch:
Spoiler

The sketch #2:
Spoiler

The letters:
Spoiler

Letters with outline:
Spoiler

Coloured image:
Spoiler

And the finished product:
Spoiler

This was mostly to get me back into drawing, especially so I don't forget how to do certain things. Lemme know what you honestly think!
I'm too shy to initiate... But I'm open to anyone else doing it. Just tell me if you need to say something :D

Offline MahluaandEggnog

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2018, 10:42:37 PM »
Ayo, get your bars up!

I actually made use of the expression tunnels (free graffiti legal zone) on campus before I left, except one of the bigger boys left me a tag saying "only one hit plz bro".

It is absolutely a legitimate art style, and I see a lot going on. Just a few things to keep in mind when working with graff in particular:
>Line thickness must be consistent unless you're going for a distortion.
>It's all about making those shapes smooth.
>Parallel lines are hard. Practice them regularly.
>Focus on regular blockbuster and bubble letters before working in kinks and overlaps and extensions. Believe me, that's helped me by far.
>Gotta tag it before you can throw it. Make sure you can write the word how you want it before you try to block it out, flesh it out, however you do.

Sorry if my crit style is different with graff than with regular art. It's a whole nother community, mate, and I feel the straightfowardness in my veins when it comes up.

Offline EffulgentFirefly

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2018, 11:36:46 PM »
Nah, all of that is completely right. It's all stuff I should be improving upon, but am too busy writing to worry about haha. It's good to hear it rehashed, though, because if I decide to make this more than a few pieces then I gotta do it right. Thanks for that : D  Right now lines are giving me absolute hell because of my shaky hands, so that's probably first on the list to get right-whenever I next take a break from the endless task that is my writing, at least...

Offline MahluaandEggnog

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2018, 03:58:43 PM »
All good mate. If your hands are shaky and it's throwing you off, it can help to draw with your arm/elbow instead of the wrist. It can also prevent hand cramps, in my experience. That's something I noticed when I started doing some big perspective practices. If you keep your wrist still, you can achieve straighter lines over longer distances.

Offline EffulgentFirefly

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2018, 05:58:16 PM »
Thanks, I'll try that when I draw again! On a similar note, I didn't really realize until recently but my hands are always frigid, which is how I like them, but it's really difficult to draw or write or play instruments with hands that are ice cubes that refuse to melt, so if there are any tips for warming up your hands fast, I could definitely use those too.

Offline MahluaandEggnog

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2018, 06:01:50 PM »
I usually cross my legs and put my hands between my thighs. Tends to warm them up pretty quickly.

Offline suuper-san

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2018, 05:37:29 PM »
This sometimes happens to me. I run a sink of warm/hot water and just soak my hands for a few minutes while flexing them, or have a drawing session after a bath or shower when you are still nice and warm.

I usually cross my legs and put my hands between my thighs. Tends to warm them up pretty quickly.
this works too :P
or your armpits if you can bare the cold :P
Art: Manga / Other / Requests (closed)
Manga:Overdrive / Endlessness
Other:Craft

Feedback & Critique Welcome!!