March 29, 2024, 01:28:39 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: MR Cocktail Hour  (Read 3213 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
MR Cocktail Hour
« on: April 08, 2018, 05:29:05 PM »
So I was sitting here thinking: I mean, we call it 'the pub', and yet I don't think we've ever talked about booze here in a serious and helpful manner. So let's change that. Let's start a running list of recipes for cocktails we've come across and enjoyed. Please no joke answers (ie: something undrinkable), but creativity is encouraged. I want to build an actual resource for those of legal drinking age (not that I'm checking. *cough cough*), that we can all enjoy.

So yeah, recipes are the main thing we're looking for, but tips and tricks are also welcome. I'll start with one of each, just to get the ball rolling.

Grog
Grog:

1 Part Dark Rum
1 Part Lime Juice
1 Part Warm Water
3 Parts Cold Water
1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar (Raw & white work just as well)

Place brown sugar into shaker. Add warm water and swirl to dissolve. Add lime juice, rum, and rest of water. Add ice and shake. Pour over ice.

(For a non-alcoholic version, replace rum with ginger beer)

And a related tip, for those who might try the non-alcoholic version of the recipe, or any recipe that involves something with carbonation

"Cocktails containing carbonated consumables shall not be convulsed in contained canisters." In other words: If your cocktail contains something carbonated: Stir, don't shake.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline a

• Does the censor work here? *censored*, *censored*? Ok?
    • View Profile
Re: MR Cocktail Hour
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 09:40:03 PM »
-removed-
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 01:40:34 AM by The SlamJam »