August 19, 2018, 12:54:53 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Creating Manga !!!Help?!!!  (Read 376 times)

Offline MrThirtyTwo

• Gotta love manga/anmie
  • Im an Idea maker
    • View Profile
Creating Manga !!!Help?!!!
« on: April 07, 2018, 05:22:17 PM »
ok its been a long time since ive been on. been way to busy with work haha. but I'm finally back in action. so I'm creating a manga... buut I need help haha, one of my firsts (creating a manga that is). first getting past not being motivated to write the darn thing (ima have to do that myself, cant really ask for help on that one), second ima gonna need an artist because I do plan on publishing, third I keep having new ideas for other mangas even tho I haven't even finished my first one (have like 6 different mangas currently rolling through my head lol), and lastly I want to put up a contest for my manga. what I mean is I have several ideas for contests that will help me in the long run for my manga and yes there are prizes but I don't have the slightest clue where I should post the contests in the forums or how ima gonna be able to receive the photos for the contests. going back to my worries tho, I just want to make sure that my manga is like... you know... good. I was always told to create a story or wat ev for myself and if other ppl like then great. I but I so worried weather or not the manga I have yet to create would be good enough for others to enjoy. I also have the fear of success alone... which means I'm afraid to be successful by myself... I know its stupid but its true. I honestly don't know wat else to say lol. soo uh... ya I need help.
Im a beginner in writing manga, i look forward in making friends here as well able to publish manga. This is were i will begin. :)~

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Creating Manga !!!Help?!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 06:09:39 PM »
Motivation is a traitorous swine, don't trust it.

What you need right now is a storyboard methinks. Not just a script, but a storyboard. It's hard to get a willing artist in the first place, and it's even harder to imagine what your final manga will look like without one. If you're more of a script writer then write a script, but having a storyboard is really the most practical way to see how many pages you want for your story, how the dialogue fits and flows, and everything in between.

And remember, so long as you can draw a circle and a line, you can make a good storyboard.

Offline MrThirtyTwo

• Gotta love manga/anmie
  • Im an Idea maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 06:18:11 PM »
oh crap, that confused me. whats a storyboard? I'm quiet new to this even though ive been here since 2014. its been that long really since ive had this much free time so I'm literally free new to this haha. right now I'm just writing out my manga as if its a book and want it transferred into a manga form lol.
Im a beginner in writing manga, i look forward in making friends here as well able to publish manga. This is were i will begin. :)~

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 06:31:03 PM »
I'm quiet new to this even though ive been here since 2014.

Rules of MR:
142. Once a Raider, always a Raider. Unless we throw you out in disgrace first

Anyhow

Those are storyboards. If you can YouTube google famous manga author names and you'll mostly have luck finding their daily process.

Is your book finished? Do you have an outline for how it starts and how it ends? The important thing to have on you when starting a manga is a good stop point, like a first episode or an idea of what the plot is. Even if you're in the middle of the story, an artist needs to know how it starts, or where you want it to go. That is why a storyboard is super important to that sort of thing.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 09:18:30 PM »
I'd say not to worry about success for now. Worry about success when you feel access is achievable. There's nothing worse than trying to control the uncontrollable. You must concentrate on what can be done in the here and now. So for now, don't concentrate on success. To have success you must be good. But from the sounds of it, you shouldn't be worrying about that either at the moment.

For now, just concentrate on actually writing. You can't be good if you don't actually write, and you can't be successful if you aren't actually good. Don't put the horse before the cart. And remember that your first try rarely does anything but fail. Failure teaches after all, so failing and learning is often the best way to become good, and therefore succeed.

If all that seems daunting and a little scary, then remember a saying from one of the most insightful authors I've ever come across. "Get scared later." - Lemony Snicket

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline MrThirtyTwo

• Gotta love manga/anmie
  • Im an Idea maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 12:20:06 PM »
I apologies for not responding sooner. I had no internet to respond for the last 2 days. and ill probably stick to writing out my manga since I seem to be better at it that way than story boards. ive tried storyboards but never knew they were called that lol. also no my story is not finished but I do have a start but not an ending currently since atm its ongoing lolz. I was hoping that the artist would be able to translate what I write into picture form which I do realize that is asking a lot since it will take a lot of time and work to complete it. Coryn I understand what you mean, but I prefer that I don't fail lol, which is why ill spend mass amounts of time on this manga and ask many friends and ppl to proof read, as well as ask other manga readers to read the manga to see if it is something they'ed read in the future or watch if it ever became a anime. I honestly think what I have in my head is great, its just I'm having a problem getting it out of my head and on paper hahaha. lastly for legomaestro where in the forums would I post contests? I looked but not entirely sure where and I don't want to break forum rules or place in wrong chat room.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 06:11:03 PM »
For a contest, I would post it in the general board for writing or art, depending on what the submission you're looking for is.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline MrThirtyTwo

• Gotta love manga/anmie
  • Im an Idea maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 04:31:51 AM »
oh I see thank you, then when I'm ready to set it up I can post the contest.