October 20, 2018, 07:55:27 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Seeking an artist[paid]  (Read 602 times)

Offline Tora_KeybladeMaster

• View Profile
Seeking an artist[paid]
« on: March 28, 2018, 03:36:40 PM »
I'm looking for an artist for a five issue mini-series... This is a bit of a risk too, as not only will I look to negotiate payment, but preferred genre of choice for the artist to work on.

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking an artist[paid]
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 05:11:25 PM »
Not quite sure I understood. Do you mean that the genre is up to the artist/you haven't started the story yet?

Offline Aimyraude

• heya :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 07:20:23 PM »
maybe you should give more precision artist might bite to money but if you want them to show you something you would like better say it right now

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 08:37:45 PM »
I think the consensus is that an artist may be skeptical of such an open ended offer. Some easy to understand and categorize details help prospective artists make a decision about who to work with. A little information up front will also keep the same questions from being asked over and over.

Page numbers, time table, art style, level of quality, colored or not. Just some basic things you might want to advertise for.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 12:36:14 AM »
Not quite sure I understood. Do you mean that the genre is up to the artist/you haven't started the story yet?

To be specific I'll ask their preferred genre they like to draw comics for after the artist is hired. Then from there, I'll start working on the script.

maybe you should give more precision artist might bite to money but if you want them to show you something you would like better say it right now

You've got a point, I'll fix that, as I do have some preferences in the art style. I just assumed the majority of artists here were anime inspired artists. :p

Not sure how I should convey my preferences since I was influenced by Akira Toriyama, Naoko Takeuchi, Yoshiko Togashi and American artists like David Hutchison and Fred Perry from Antarctic Press.(Though I'm not sure anyone here knows who's those last two are...)

I think the consensus is that an artist may be skeptical of such an open ended offer. Some easy to understand and categorize details help prospective artists make a decision about who to work with. A little information up front will also keep the same questions from being asked over and over.

Page numbers, time table, art style, level of quality, colored or not. Just some basic things you might want to advertise for.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Yeah, all of that was going to be explained after they got hired, but I see your point. I'll make some adjustments.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 01:26:00 AM by Tora_KeybladeMaster »

Offline Vikings1428

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 04:03:26 AM »
You should already have your story/script planned out before you search for an Artist.

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 10:01:48 AM »
(Just a reminder guys, you shouldn't reply to these threads unless you're interested in the job. Else posts tend to get deleted. I'm guilty of this too.)

But, yes I agree. You need a job description like any other service or else an artist, like me, won't be able to tell if it's going to be worth their time and skills if you don't even list the estimated workload and your budget.

But either way I've lost interest. I've been in enough collaborative projects to know not to wait around for the writer if they don't at least have a solid foundation and a good bit of work done to show they're invested in their project.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 02:05:40 PM »
(Just a reminder guys, you shouldn't reply to these threads unless you're interested in the job. Else posts tend to get deleted. I'm guilty of this too.)

But, yes I agree. You need a job description like any other service or else an artist, like me, won't be able to tell if it's going to be worth their time and skills if you don't even list the estimated workload and your budget.

But either way I've lost interest. I've been in enough collaborative projects to know not to wait around for the writer if they don't at least have a solid foundation and a good bit of work done to show they're invested in their project.

*Sigh* Must've been like pulling teeth with me for these past few hours... Fine I'll relent and give some project details after I decide which one to hire an artist for. But I don't expect this thread to get a lot of attention afterwards given how "cliche" it might be. Sorry that's the 2008-2009 Tokyopop Forums PTSD talking...>_>

Offline Aimyraude

• heya :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 10:19:03 AM »
Well money can give you artist some people have great stories but most artist just care about money. Sad enough per say but even if it os cliché you might have one or two up for the job. However cliché doesnt mean it is bad.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 04:36:28 PM »
Well a job is a job. Don't forget that everyone just needs to eat some time. It's definitely not the idealized way people like to think of art, but it's reality. The beauty is finding the balance between the two.

If it's okay with you Tora, I'm going to lock this topic, since it's gone off the rails this point. Just shoot me a message if you'd like it restored.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF