April 21, 2018, 09:06:36 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Struggle Of A Writer  (Read 134 times)

Offline Kael Zencharia

• View Profile
The Struggle Of A Writer
« on: March 24, 2018, 04:59:08 AM »
I'm a manga writer i write any concept.Writing for me is no problem,just want to share my experience with my old partner.He asked me to write a story about love,5 Chapters so i made them for him,little did i know i wasn't really working with an artist,he lied about it he is also a writer like me, someone offered him money to make a story but his story came awful,after making 5 chapters for him,the people who offered him money took the story and paid the wrong guy,i was planning to tell them that i'm the person who really made those chapters,me alone but then my traitor friend told me that if i'm going to tell them the truth he will sue me for copy write issue so i got scared.He claimed the story,Got my money then ran off.i want some advice on how to know if i'm really working with an artist a legit artist.I'm new here and my english is bad so please do understand

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
Re: The Struggle Of A Writer
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 05:16:59 AM »
Copyright applies immediately upon creation of the work, not when it's registered in an office. So long as you have an earlier dated copy, that will hold in court. It's a misconception that you can get copyright by getting an office to approve it. But for future reference, I would advise you to be careful with who you work with, especially if they are someone you have no prior experience with and show no real authenticity with their work. It's very easy to get scammed on the internet, so learning telltale signs of fraudulent behaviour will save you a lot of trouble in the long term.

Source: https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-general.html#what

When is my work protected?
Your work is under copyright protection the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device.
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Offline Kael Zencharia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 07:46:55 AM »
😶 what?!So that guy can't really sue me?OMG!!!!now i'm really pissed.He said something about licensing the story that's why i got scared.oh man tsk.Copyright hmmm now i'll fight back thank you so much

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 08:26:58 AM »
It's as operative says. Don't let people strong arm you over that kind of thing. They usually don't know what they're talking about, and are just bluffing.

My advice is to always save a of your correspondence. Work through email as much as possible, because emails can be easily saved as other formats for later use. They can't do much if you have the entire history of the conversation.

I'd also advise to always work with people you know well, or at least know to have a reputable practice from those you trust. That way you will at least have some idea of who you are working with before hand.

Finally, I want to encourage you to introduce yourself in our Welcome Center! It's the best way to get known on the forum. And, if you do stick around, I'm sure we can help with your English as well. You aren't the first person through here who we've helped improve!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Kael Zencharia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 08:41:18 AM »
Thank you so much.How do i introduce myself here?do i need to make more posts?

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 09:34:26 AM »
You can find the welcome center board near the top of the forum index. Just make a new topic like the others you'll see there, and write us an introduction to yourself.

Here's a link to the board http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/board,4.0.html

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 03:19:59 PM »
These things happen, but they can be corrected. I know someone here who had a team and then they took his idea and made it into a comic without his knowledge, but when he found out he was able to get their work removed.

Usually a background check is a great idea when you don't know the person you're going to be working with.

Offline Kael Zencharia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2018, 03:28:51 PM »
thank you for the advice