December 12, 2018, 12:50:43 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Video game series that are must buys  (Read 554 times)

Offline Santa's Little Fro Elf

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
Video game series that are must buys
« on: March 08, 2018, 09:15:17 PM »
What series of video games that holds that special place in your heart, to where if a new title in that particular franchise drops, you rush with your wallets to buy or at least get yours hands on, regardless of how you feel about the series overall?

I feel like we all have at least one series like this. Here are mine:

-Any capcom made fighting game (Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, etc)

-The Persona series (Although admittedly I can't really get into the dancing spin-offs)

-Soul Calibur

-The WWE 2k games (Formerly known as the smackdown vs raw series)

-Smash Bros

-Devil May Cry (Really need to get around to playing the old ones)

-Dragonball Z games

Will add more if I can think of any I may be forgetting.

Messatsu...

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Video game series that are must buys
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 10:18:28 PM »
Anything From makes that soulsborne in style. Much to my shame I haven't gotten around to Bloodborne yet, but I am very much eyeing it right now since I'm only 3 boss fights from finishing all of Dark Souls 3.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 09:26:28 PM »
I always wanted to try Bloodborne myself. Just never got around to actually buying it and trying it out. And oh man those Dark Souls bosses look ridiculous from what I've seen on youtube. I'll probably go bald from constant hair pulling if I ever decide to try a souls game.

I kinda want to add Dynasty Warriors to my list, as I am a fan of the series and it's one of those games that has quite a lot of influence on my early childhood. But I don't think I can to be honest. I mean it kinda ran its course for me and to be frank, I don't really check for dynasty warriors games anymore. If I happen to come across one and it's being sold for a decent price, I'll buy it, but other than that, can't really rock with the series like I used to.

I like a good hack and slash, but sometimes man... kinda just want a little bit more y'know?
Messatsu...

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 10:03:08 AM »
Sure sure. And I have to saw, at least the original dark souls does a really good job of warming you up to the bosses. The first couple have a really easy way to get some easy and massive damage on them. What's really important, is just not panicking because a boss is the size of a house. They are almost without exception less dangerous than they first appear. There's a reason so many people play the game without armor, and beat everything to death with little more than a big stick. It's not that they're nothing but S Class gamers, they're just veterans who have learned the patterns.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 07:43:22 AM »
So funny enough, I actually got around to getting bloodborne (It was free on Psn for awhile. Not sure if it still is, though) and man that ish is freaking insane! The gawdamn tutorial monster killed me four times before I ended up making it to the first stage.  The tutorial monster for crying out loud people!

I'll be honest, it's a fun game, but I'm not sure if I can get into it, not yet at least. With the saturation of fighting games that's flooding the market right now, I'm not sure if I'm ready to sit down and dive deep into an adventure/rpg at the moment.

My friend on the other hand seemed to be loving the game though. Was calling me all types of trash as he easily cleared through the first stage that I was having trouble with. Even beat the boss without dying too many times. Then he got to the next stage and  got frustrated to the point that he called the game stupid and gave up. Haven't heard him mention anything bloodborne related since.

Now I see why the souls series is nothing to play with...
Messatsu...

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 10:22:08 AM »
It's all about finding your groove in it. The best way I've heard it put, is that the Soulsborne games aren't necessarily hard, just hard to get in to. Even the toughest bosses become trivial once you learn their moveset. It's why people are able to play deprived characters.