August 21, 2018, 12:14:12 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Artist for Hire (Paid Jobs Only)  (Read 301 times)

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
Artist for Hire (Paid Jobs Only)
« on: February 14, 2018, 10:53:07 PM »
Hrm... First time posting one of these I think. I should probably introduce myself since I usually lurk and there's a bunch of new people I haven't talked to yet or that may join in the future. :p Anyways I'm Robin, a college student majoring in studio art (drawing, painting, and the like). I'm also an avid reader of novels and comics. Fantasy stories are my go-to genre, but I also have the occasional soft spot for sci-fi or post apocalyptic stories. I'm currently writing a few of my own stories, but I'm putting this out there since I need a job or two for the summer after my current semester ends in May.

I don't have any completed pages as of this moment and my work isn't jaw dropping good so there's going to be a bit to figure out as we go. On the flip side of this I'm also looking for a writer who's looking to test the waters with a short story or oneshot. Also I'm willing to work as part of an artist team if you draw or already have an artist who needs assistance.

As for my page rate (price per page)... It will really depend on how much of the work I'll be doing and the level of detail required. I'm open to negotiation here.

Err what else? I guess examples and what I'm willing/not willing to work on?

What I can/will draw:
Fantasy
Creatures and animals (especially dragons)
Anthros
Humans and humanoids
Storyboards
Backgrounds

What I can't/won't draw:
NSFW
Romance (unless it's not the primary focus)
Sci-fi/mecha
SFX
Historical
Hyper-realisim
Gore

There's probably more for both, but anyways. I can work from storyboards or text as long as they're detailed enough.

My MR art gallery is here:
http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,11730.msg195728.html#msg195728
And my Deviant Art is here: https://robinryuu.deviantart.com/
I'm currently taking a printmaking class and working on a sequential story in there and I'm also taking a figure drawing class. I usually post photos of my work at the end of the semester, but I can upload them if requested.

Anything else? Um, I think I'll close this thread once May comes and goes. I may not have time to draw until then but I want to get things planned out so that I can start work by then. If I get multiple job offers I'll probably go with the story that interests me most, though higher payment would also be tempting.

If anyone has a question please feel free to comment here or PM me here or at DA. I usually check the sites a few times a day, but it might take a bit for me to respond if I'm busy or nervous.