May 28, 2018, 01:08:00 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: 2018 In Music  (Read 602 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 In Music
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2018, 11:23:36 PM »
What in the name of haruhi is a 'signal chain' ?

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2018, 11:43:14 PM »
You play electric guitar and it sends a signal through the cable. You put it into various things like guitar pedals, an amp, etc. Signal chain is the order of those things. If a guitar goes into a fuzz pedal and then a delay pedal, the fuzz pedal alters the signal first and the delay alters the already fuzzed out signal. If the delay pedal goes first, the delay alters the dry signal and the fuzz alters the delayed signal. They sound different. Typically, on most pedalboards, the fuzz goes before the delay, but it's not an uncommon trick to switch them.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 11:44:48 PM by 50 Words for Paipis »

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2018, 05:54:52 PM »
Watching some Palm live stuff, particularly this video. "Heavy Lifting" (9:58) is amazing. If they aren't the best rock band going right now...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53RqW3Ep0UA

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Beholder Of The Piirakka
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2018, 08:09:43 AM »
Courtney Barnett, Tell Me How You Really Feel 

Remember everything that made Courtney seem interesting on her debut? Her second album is not that. It's 10 mopey grey songs firmly in cased in the generic indie sound. It does the slow thing, the noisy thing, but only in a couple moments does it do a good thing haha. Certainly it's an album meant to feel this way to reflect it's themes, but it lacks any real bite, even in it's most aggressive moments. Much like the dull album she did with Kurt Vile last year. She just kind of Lou Reeds a good chunk of the thing, especially with her very predictable rhymes. The song with Kim & Kelley Deal is the best. On her debut there was an interesting character with her lyrics, very detailed and rambly. If one wants a very rainy album then it works, but for me it's just boring. A typical modern indie bore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42XXZvrnHbM

Kero Kero Bonito's latest single "Time Today" is good, the music video especially. This new aesthetic is kind of trendy with the VHS quality, but the concept and all the shots in this video are so...unsettling. There are actually a lot of really cool shots here. Musically I really like this track to, the upbeat drums and all the details instrumentally. Of course Sarah's vocals are great as normal. This next album will be very different...I hope it'll be interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WqcPYOr--g

Also what, I didn't think Palm could even play their songs live. You mean to tell me those crazy tropical sounds are guitars? Jeez, I finally listened to the album again yesterday and ya it's just mad. It's so new. "Composite" is definitely my favorite track and watching it in that video is just...what is this band man.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 12:41:29 PM by Manimal »

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2018, 06:40:08 PM »
Jonny Greenwood's soundtracks for Phantom Thread and You Were Never Really Here are quite nice.

Tropical F*** Storm's A Laughing Death in Meatspace and Elza Soares' Deus é mulher are two neat, gritty art rock albums.

Tetuzi Akiyama & Noël Akchoté's Tetuzi & I is good duo guitar free improvisation.

Also that last Ariana Grande song was kinda nice.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 07:23:29 PM by 50 Words for Paipis »