March 29, 2024, 02:53:40 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Status Of Our Fellow Raiders  (Read 76400 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
Re: The Status Of Our Fellow Raiders
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2018, 01:30:03 PM »
Status : At the job, wanting to work on my music. Slammed out a track this morning, trying to maximize my free time even though I still factor in my laziness. I've almost been late the last few days because I'll be finishing and uploading a track then suddenly I have 5 minutes to show up. Gotta stop that rush. Working on my 12th album bit by bit, same idea as my last where I take more time than before and try to have some greater ideas.

Improvements : Great improvements on my music, I have gotten so much better then I was this time last year. It's slow improvements and I still have many of the same issues, but now my songs have a little more melody sometimes, but I still strike a balance between composing and just vibing, as vibing is a key element in my stylings.

I am big on the idea of doing things that only I would do. So I want to make songs that are mine, and no one else would've wrote them. As stupid as they get. I have my duty to do the things that only I would put into the world, even if it's nothing special to others. I think my lyrics and all have gotten better then some of the nightmares of past.

I want my music to be good today and trash tomorrow! Meaning I get so much better everything I've done before is garbage. That is my ideal. My drive is to be better for myself and I think I have been doing that to varying degrees. In 2017 I took on many personal challenges in my expression and by now I have a well formed idea of just what I am aiming for. But I want to always been changing that aim of mine to. Never settle because I am never good and I need to be better then before! That is the ideal.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 02:00:10 PM by Manimal »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2018, 01:54:50 PM »
status: not here but lurking strongly, drawing regularly-ish. been down with a flu for 10 days now.
progress: I draw one day a week for the whole day. seems to work better than trying to do some each day.
improvements: my attitude when drawing seems to have more focus, over all quality tends to be a bit nigher and i'm trying to be more creative.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Action Animation

• Towards the dream we share.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2018, 12:57:44 AM »
@eukocar
I understand you feel that drive at the start then it peters out near the end, but the fact you keep at it is promising ^^

@Robin
it truly shows ^^ glad your fighting past it

@Manimal
that is one hell of a drive^^ and I cannot agree more your music has improved scicne your first submission ^^ and that is a great way to strive forward, I'll keep tha tin the back of my mind while I write^^

@supertramp
sorry to hear that, I know dealing with any sort of sickness can weigh heavly on the mind, I hope you get to feeling better^^
-Action

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2018, 05:20:29 PM »
Progress: I have more clarity about my professionnal life, more clarity about some people too. On a more positive side, I worked on my cosplay projet and made lots of embroideries today.
Improvements: working more quickly! And more important, focusing on the positive and keeping away negative people. ^^

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2018, 08:36:07 PM »
Status: Studying Javascript programming while working on a draft for a large format 3D printer. Also listening to people complain about their livs in Google Hangouts.

Progress: I got accepted into an advanced nanodegree program that should allow me to live REALLY comfortably afterwards.

My initial draft for the 3D printer is about 80% done. 70 hours of research into it. T_T   At the moment I just need to figure out all the safety mechanisms I need to add into it.

Improvements: Picked up a second part-time job related to robotics/manufacturing where they give me a bunch of scraps for free. Just a few days ago they gave me 95 meters of RGB LED strips. x'D

I have learned a bit about color palettes and typography to improve my photography and story-telling.
I'm back~~~

Offline eukocar

• its not perverted its art!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2018, 10:25:37 AM »
Hello all.
I haven't been very active on manga raiders lately.

I showed some of my artwork to a few of my upperclassman.
Well lets say that it didn't go great.
In stead of giving feedback, they started shunning me for drawing in manga style, instead of their preferred art.
 style.
I made the mistake of talking back.
They left before i could finish my sentence.
In stead of letting the incident to die, they started talking to other classmates, telling them that anime is not real art and more.
And since then, everybody wo preferred or even liked an different style then theirs, would get shunned for even liking it.

I lost almost all of my confidence and ended up drawing a lot less, i am slowly regaining my  confidence in drawing but I get myself to draw anything while attending art class.

Sorry for the bad grammar.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2018, 02:22:47 PM »
People be narrow minded like that. Art is art, it just depends what you do with it. No one style is better than another. It's that kind of thinking that kept impressionism down for centuries.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline bossx5

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2018, 01:22:31 AM »
I'm here been working alot lately

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2018, 08:45:33 AM »
@Eukocar: Try not to let that kind of thing bother you, homie. Instead, use it as fuel that will further drive your passions. Everybody is not gonna understand your love for manga and it’s art style, and it’s not your fault if they don’t accept it either. So keep doing what you’re doing and ignore those who wish to bring you down. Haters gonna hate. Always.
Messatsu...

Offline Nomena :)

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2018, 09:24:29 AM »
@Eukocar: maybe it would help you to think that their behaviour might also come from their "own" passion and understanding of art, mean it's not about you but them, so try not to take it personally. It's their way of expressing their choices, perhaps a wrong way indeed but they certainly do have a lot to learn in life, we all do. Oftentimes, we are too focused on "I am right and their are wrong!" rather than "I am me and they are them!" so it's alright to have different opinion, it's even alright to listen to one another while we struggle to defend our beliefs. You'll get better if you become comfortable with your self and your own choices.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2018, 03:46:47 AM »
@Eukocar
Sorry to hear that happened, it's a shame that some people are like that but as everyone else has already said before me, try your best to not let it get you down. What they say has no bearing on whether or not you'll succeed, so if you're passionate about anime and art, don't give up no matter what! It'll all pay out in the end, trust me!

@bossx5
Keep at it man!

Offline TEA

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2018, 12:24:22 PM »
@Eukocar

I heard art schools can be like that, even worse when the teaches are similar as well. Don't let those people get you down. Manga is a style and is most definitely art. Anybody who would argue otherwise obviously has some preconceived notions surrounding it.

Ironically, Cesar Santos who is an amazing painter had a similar story. He liked doing portrait paintings and realistic things such as that. His teach wanted him to adopt a more post modern view of his art. He declined and kept doing his portraits because at the end of the day that's what he loved to do. It's okay to disagree with your upperclassmen and even teachers.

That said, don't let the style keep you from learning other things. School is a good time to branch out. Learning the fundamentals, master studies, etc will all serve you well in the long run. Manga/anime is just a style so if you learn to draw more classic things it's not a waste of time, you can use those principles and knowledge then apply it to when you are stylising your art back into manga style!

Offline EffulgentFirefly

• Student writer with no other talents whatsoever
  • Spectating until I'm invited into a game
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2018, 02:21:09 PM »
@Eukocar I'm no artist, so I can't really speak on this much, but I can say that there are different types of styles in all forms of art, drawing, writing, etc, and people aren't going to accept all of them. Just try and use it as motivation to show them it is a real form of art and you're just as good as they are. Easier said than done, of course, but a good tip I was taught as a kid.

Edit: I thought I'd share what I'm up to as well.

Status: in the worst mental state I've ever been in. Doing my best to keep writing and keep myself busy, but it isn't doing much.
Progress: Editing my novel all the way through for the 8th time. I'm on chapter 4. It's excruciating, and I want to scrap the thing every time I read it over, but nothing gets better just like that.
Improvements: my world building has gotten at least a dozen times better, especially in my semi-realistic worlds, which is nice. Stuff seems more like it could happen now, even if it's super unlikely.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 02:31:05 PM by EffulgentFirefly »
I'm too shy to initiate... But I'm open to anyone else doing it. Just tell me if you need to say something :D

Offline Aimyraude

• heya :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2018, 08:25:56 PM »
@eukocar dont mind about them if i'd listen to my stepmother i would have stopped drawing she always say m'y art "could be" beautiful with disgust in her voice... Comparing it to leonard devinci's art only realism is good for her.
These person are wrong its an art to simplify realism. drawing manga look simple but it isnt at all and if they think otherwise you cant change it but it doesnt mean you must be affected n'y it. Your love for anime and manga is only yours if everyone did what the others think is real art... Art wouldnt even exist. Its something personnal

Progress:
Writing - hopefully on this part its going great m'y manga chapters are slowly taking place. Doing it with a Writer really take more time though but its all going to be better in the end
Drawing -  Ehhhhhhh reading all your comments i feel like i did nothing lastly im stuck and i dont progress at all with my storyboard pages. People usually find it easy but i spend way too Much time doing a storyboard page because i overthink it...
How Do you guys make it ... Anyone can Do storyboard i dont understand why it is so hard for me.

Improvements: l guess theres not that much at least none i can see but i'd like to be more active in the Community so if youd like m'y opinion on something (anything) dont mind to ask theres just so Much stuff going on here i cant follow you guys. :ohmy:

If any storyboard expert exist may he flood His knowledge on me so i can finally be productive!!!!!! (Im really desperate i know)

Trying to be more active from now on :)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2018, 10:41:54 PM »
Status: That weird state I find myself in over the summer where there are so many things I could do and so much time to do them that nothing feels like it matters, so instead I stare at the wall and question the fabric of the various intersecting realities that make up my experiences.

Progress: I'll be beginning work on Reset chapter 9 tomorrow after I wake up and will probably finish writing the script for that old YouTube show my friends and I started freshman year so we can maybe try to finish it out this coming year.

Improvements: I've seen my line and shape confidence improve drastically in my art, and the amount of content I poured out before I went to the con and had a good time shows me that I do have the determination to do what I love despite the bizarre nature of my current status.
Haha signature go brr.