March 29, 2024, 01:20:26 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Fall  (Read 5343 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
The Fall
« on: February 01, 2018, 07:11:35 AM »
I need to flex my writing muscles in any way possible. So what better way than to make some MR Canon? This may or may not be a short story depending on how fast I abandon it or not. I need to finish the other ones that I started, but really at this point I just need momentum rather than always stressing about what I haven't done yet. So here goes nothing. (I'll move this to Creations if I finish it.)

[Decrypting Classified files]

[Operation: Revengers]

The Fall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQggvJx_kFA

"Hold the line." Sai said calmly, his dual wielded pistols singing a chorus of death to the spam ninjas.

"What Line!?" Doodler swung her broadsword and cleaved through a mass of jumping ninjas. Even as they dissipated into destroyed html code more came to fill the place. There were enough of them to darken the sky. 

There was a roar of a sniper rifle, and a bright flash as a light-based spell stunned the hoard, and in the next minute after some more desperate shooting from Sai and slashing from Doodler, the spam ninjas were eradicated.

Doodler coughed and stabbed her broadsword into the dark sand.

"That was too close."  Toasty said, walking over with his 50. Cal sniper rifle over his shoulder.

"We're just tired." Monsterful sighed as he walked over to them.

They were standing in a massive desert . The sand was black and glittery, above them was a vista of stars and spinning galaxies. A completely clean look into space without any clouds or atmospheric distortions to hide the view. It was an awing sight, but in a sombre, dark sort of way.  They were far from The City. Very far.

It seemed appropriate for the wretched situation.

"Are Nair and Lego still out?"  Sai asked, scanning the horizon for any future attacks.

"Yeaup." Toasty nodded towards two unonscious forms in the sand, "Hasith and Co. Are going to kill us."

Sai smirked, "I thought we all agreed we're going to kill you first. Let's just get back home. "

"Nope. I'm resting for a moment."   Doodler said.

The raiders themselves - moderators to be more specific - weren't in good shape. They were all battered and bruised in one way or the other. Hair ruffled, dried blood on their lips. Their clothes were made of Mysias thread of the highest calibre, but even it was starting to tear. They'd been through countless battles in their long trek back to The City. 

There was a groan as Lego finally gained consciousness. Toasty walked over to him and offered a hand,

"Welcome to the land of the living."

"Guh." Was Lego's reply, "What did I miss?"

"Oh, just about a thousand spam ninjas. It was pretty epic."

"You lucky bastards." Lego grinned. His right eye was swollen shut.

"It's amazing how many you see hanging around trolls." Monsterful said.

"Yeah well, misery loves company." Sai said.

Lego balled his fist. "More than getting knocked out by cannon fodder, it pisses me off that we didn't get at least one of them. And whoever that traitor is I swear ..." 

Sai held up a finger, "No point in worrying about that now, Lego. Your mission failed. That's what got you guys in this jam in the first place. And make no mistake, you guys are in trouble. But for now, gather strength and focus on the task at hand. "

"Roger, roger." Lego grimaced and sat down in the sand. He just stared at the ground, hanted.

Doodler and Sai exhanged glances, and then walked off a bit from the four raiders. Toasty began checking his anti-material rifle while looking around.

"Should we even tell Co and Hasith about this?" Sai said in a low tone.

Doodler shrugged, "They're strict about rules and stuff, but it's not like their hearts weren't in the right place."

Sai shook his head, "Musick got-"

"No." Doodler refused the thought, "She isn't. She'll be fine. Any one of them could be in the same situation, and any one of them would make a way out. She's a ninja. She'll make her way to us."

"So we don't say anything?" Sai asked.

"Let's just deal with getting to the portal we used, and try to put some distance between us and the hoard."

"Fine by me. Man, Coryn is going to be pissed we didn't bring him along."

"Not our fault he locks himself up in the lab all the time."

"Well, at least he didn't need to see us get our asses kicked by that spam monster."

The two raiders spent the next few moments in silence, waiting for things to get busy again, waiting for the next hoard to attack.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: The Fall
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 07:42:53 AM »
Interesting. Although I'm not sure if there was a time when they were actually all mods at the same time. although I don't know if we ever really dealt with demotion on canon.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 07:45:39 AM »
You bastard! What the hell! Shut off your psychic powers NAUW. Geez it's always too creepy how you guess these things.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 07:49:44 AM »
Just an observation. Not a guess at anything.

You can't fool the lore master when it comes to the lore.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 07:53:58 AM »
Sigh.

Well I want it to be canon so the everyone-being-there-at-the-same-time thing will be iffy but if there are any more contradictions then I'll retcon to preserve consistency.

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 08:33:09 PM »
An all exclusive Mod story, huh? Not sure on how you're gonna explain all the mods being present at one time, but nevertheless you got me interested, Lego! Looking forward to the next installment!

And please... for the love of Canon... Don't abandon this...

Seriously...

Don't...
Messatsu...

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 01:02:48 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IAW9_AhKyw

Doodler, Sai, Tostificer, Monsterful and Lego ran.

"I still think we should've tried harder." Now that he'd had some time to rest, Lego was at the rear of the escape, using devastating sword skill to hold back the hoard of spam ninjas. His black nanokatana traced death in the sky, and the spam ninjas conformed to his wishes: Falling into so many pieces before dissipating into code.

But it was as  though some kid had gotten his hands on the system of this universe and maliciously spawning the hoards that came attacking. It was simply too much, too chaotic.  Without any sort of divine protection in the forms of something like the tans, they were well and truly on their own here, and they had to make sure that everyone got out alive.

"If you still think that," Doodler said, slashing her broadsword, "Then you haven't learned a single darned thing from this whole debaucle!"

Sai flash stepped in between the two of them, taking out the more problematic spam ninjas that were closing in on the wounded. Tostificer wasn't as great at running, but when he got a shot in he made the bullets count. It was fortunate that his combat ability involved regenerative bullets. Whether his massive sniper rifle functioned on science or magic, Lego had never bothered asking. But he was glad he had his back.

Suddenly, a loud roar.

"Oh oh." Lego said.

"Dammit." Tostificer said, recognizing the sound of a tyrannosaurus rex.

A massive malformed black T-Rex rose up from the sea of spam ninjas, seeming to use some of them to add to its bulk. The senseless mass had a multitude of voices, all screaming obscene things in various languages with grammatical nonsense that made the tired-out moderators' heads ache.

"A spam rex?! Seriously?!"  Lego and Toasty shouted at the same time in despair.

"We might have to use our power ups now."  Monsterful said. Other than his exhaustion. He couldn't hide his excitement at looking at a monstrousity. Once a Monster Researcher, always a monster researcher.

Doodler shook her head as she cut down the surrounding ninjas. "We've only made a third of our journey. If we do we'll be stuck with what little juice moderator abilities give us!"

"Monster. You go first. Lego, you second. We need Tostificers' sniping abilities no matter what."

"Tch. Fine."

"You got some sleep at least."

"Being unconscious doesn't count as sleep!" Lego said, stepping off the sand, his form bursting with white electric energy as he raised his spirit and used up the reserves of his energy to give his nanites a boost. His coat repaired as he jumped at the spam-rexes' head. He slashed down at it and was met with a claw that held back his strike. The impossibility of a small black blade holding back a giant black claw, or the giant claw being unfazed by the outburst of energy - it was hard to tell who the monster was there.

Monsterful performed some hand symbols, and six blue blushing will-o-wisps materialized behind him, before igniting with ethereal flame.

"Let's go, my sweeties." He bombarded the spam-rex with spectral fire.  The dark desert lit up in the conflagaration, and even the spam ninjas had to clear the battle area between them and the spam-rex. The other moderators used the opportunity to pick them off one by one.

Lego knew he had to make every strike count, but no matter how fast he was, he wasn't putting in enough damage to take down the rex once and for all. It regenerated too quickly, even despite the fact Monster was melting off pieces of it.

"We've got to get out of here guys. Monster!" Lego shouted before performing a backflip and landing in a kneel in front of Monsterful.

"LETS DO IT."

With the instinct that only true anime and manga connoisseurs could understand, the two raiders moved as one.

"Bless him with your heat, my sweet ones."

Flame converged on lego's form, giving him two blue wings, a half-mask and two winged boots. His sword was bathed in flame. It was so hot it seared his skin.

Lego pulsed with electricity, electrifying himself as he amped up the energy Monsterful gave him.

Monsterful performed one last spell, snapping his fingers and then rising them above him. A massive armoured goliath that shared the exact form of Lego exploded into size. Lego and Monsterful were in its head, and it mimicked the actions of Lego.

"SPECTRAL STATIC FIRST CUT: CRUSH."

Lego swung his blade, and the giant swung a fiery electric blade that the spam-rex intercepted with a large claw of its own. It roared in indigination, struggling to keep to its feet even as black gunk melted off it.

"DISSAPEAAAARRRRR"

They added more force to the strike, but the spam-rex held on. That's when Lego flash stepped out of their giant and appeared right behind the spam-rex, his feet still flaring with Monster's spectral fire.

"Spectral Static Final Cut: Blitz Decapitation."

Ere the words were said, the t-rex lost its head. Blue fire ignited in the spaces between the severed neck and head, and it burned away faster than it knew what was happening.

Lego and Monster landed in the sand, coughing and wobbly on their feet. They both flickered with black electricity.  And then that too, faded away.

Sai, Doodler and Tostificer ran over to them.

"Are you guys okay?!" Tostificer asked.

Lego shook his head, looking at his hands. "Damn. We don't even have our moderation abilities anymore after that. We need more juice."

"You can still run?" Sai asked.

"Yes. But... a break please?" Monsterful panted.

Sai shook his head and pointed.

The horizon was covered in black. The impossible mass of spam ninjas had replaced their numbers with lesser, more powerful beings. Spam dinosaurs of all forms and sizes were rushing over to them. The ground trembled at their approach.

"We really pissed them off."  Lego sighed.

"RUN!"

And they ran.

--

Meanwhile, Musick woke up on a sand dune.

She coughed as she got to her feet, brushing off the sand that had covered her. She shook her head, trying to remember how she got here.

Before her feet were Nair, his tiki mask knocked off and Churro, unconscious. She looked like she'd been fighting. Her magical girl staff lay discarded next to her.

Around them, Musick sensed the fragmented remains of spam ninjas. By some miracle, whatever hoard had attacked them had been destryoed by the simultaneous efforts of Churro and Nair.

Musick was thankful, but she had to get her bearings, get back home.

Grunting, but with almost impossible ease considering her small frame, she carried Nair and Churro over her shoulder. Looking at the sky and using her instincts, she picked out the most likely direction to the portal that all the moderators were searching for, and started jogging.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 08:36:19 PM by legomaestro »

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2018, 02:58:36 PM »
And the mystery deepens. Really man, the timeline here is f*cked, so I'm interested in seeing how you're planning to resolve that. There's something going on methinks.  :hmm:

Offline Rushded

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 06:44:10 PM »
Hmmm.. So, all of this sites moderators are stuck in a sort of matrix? Their godly admin powers are starting to wear thin as they make their way to the portal to escape or confront the one behind it all... Someone or something that has the power of spam...?

Interested to see what you write next! :)

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018, 11:27:11 PM »
You've got the gist of it alright? It's all apart of what we call MR Canon. A shared universe based on the site. You can find a handy reference guide to it here: http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,4437.0.html

If you're interested in learning about the universe/reading other stories set in it.

Offline Coach Fro

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2018, 09:43:19 AM »
The more Raiders that are interested in the Canon the merrier.

But seriously, unless we're working with some disturbance that's  causing multiple timelines and alternate universes to collide and conflict, I don't see how this is even possible.

But I'm down with it regardless. Excited to see Musik making a return. And those mod combos were pretty dope. Do you mods Freestyle yall team attacks, or do guys get together and host rehearsals on Tuesdays?
Messatsu...

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2018, 12:47:51 PM »
We got bi-annual retreats for CAC training (Cool Ass Combos)

Offline Coach Fro

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2018, 09:12:15 PM »
Lego my dear friend, this hasn't seen an update in quite a while. You're not actually thinking of abandoning this story, are you? Because that would be *Cocks Shotgun* rather unfortunate... 
Messatsu...

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2018, 06:30:31 PM »
*Sweats profusely*

I will work on this in the near future yes

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2018, 06:56:29 PM »
There was also something about cowboys? I remember cowboys.

More to the point: SLG? I hate to break in with it but man I like SLG. Also I always pronounce it "SLUG" in my head. Not like the animal, but like the shotgun ammunition.