July 22, 2018, 06:09:04 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Raider Biometrics - Describe your Raider!  (Read 927 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Raider Biometrics - Describe your Raider!
« on: January 26, 2018, 09:29:56 AM »
Describe your Raider!

The Ethical Science Division, Biometrics branch is looking into making a raider clone army. interested in the
physical state of Raiders on the forum. Also, there are orders from up top for some Raiders to get some ID cards, because at this point it's driving the admins crazy not really knowing what Raiders look like. Between resurrections, power ups, evolutions and all sorts of shenanigans, it's time to know what people look like!

Along with Coryn's Quick and Easy Guide to Canon, I thought it'd be really helpful to get canonical descriptions of Raider personas for the sake of any future projects (Man I really need to get to that VN) and attempts to depict them in comics and stuff. (Fingers crossed for actually doing more of that)

Now it's useful and all to have centimeteres and weight and blood type mentioned but I'm hoping for some real practical stuff to help with the drawing process.

REFERENCES PICTURES FIRST AND FOREMOST, but otherwise it'd be nice to see the practical references.

So other than a general physical description, for the sake of artists and the like it'd be useful to know

Spoiler
1. Height in heads: 7.5 Being average, 8.5 being heroic and tall e.t.c. Like I said you're free to give exact centimetre measuremeants but this is about giving a general idea of how to draw your raider.

Spoiler
2. Body form: Weird I know, but I've found it helps a tonne to know 'How' to draw your character, like all the hundreds of tutorials on that front. Are their waists and torsos the same basic relationship? Are they Slenderman- spindly? Round?  Or do they look like something Oda drew?

Spoiler
3. Muscle tone: Is your raider buff af or a lean killing machine like Bruce Lee? Or are they just soft skinned?

(Lel what is anatomy )

Example

Legomaestro is a black trenchcoat wearing man with an afro. Average height (7.5 heads), basic body form (two blocks basically) and lithe - muscular but not beef-caky.

Reference images:
Spoiler

Spoiler

For the trenchcoat.

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
Re: Raider Biometrics - Describe your Raider!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 11:00:45 AM »

*Ribbit Ribbit*

A hard choice between being a trap and being a frog  :unsure: I'll, uh, be both!

Spoiler
1. 5 Heads

2. Thin blocks I think?

3. Soft. Very soft.

Body- (The right one)

Face-

And if any gaps occur, Tsuyu Asui will fill it up  :thumbsup:

Arigato Legoman  :ninja:

And if I misread any of the information and wasn't meant to be a part of this... my apologies... I'll fade awayyyy

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 11:10:31 AM »
Hahaha nice. Yeaup this is super useful, exactly what's needed. Your deets have been logged. Ill update the topic post with links and/or make a Google Doc later down the line when necessary.

Online MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 01:44:10 PM »
Mahlua:
About 7 heads tall probably. Basic body shape: Soi Fon from Bleach tbh. Just in ginger. Soft muscle tone on the whole, but there's strength behind what isn't super visible without flexing.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 02:53:47 PM »
Damn, now I have absolutely no idea where my image of you with long hair came from. Good to know though for future reference.

Soi fon is cool. Shunko!

Online Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 09:21:13 PM »
Well, I think all of the actual Mahlua pics we've seen were long haired versions, so there's that.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Fronomenal

• MR's Resident Drifter
  • Looking for a place to stay...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 09:35:03 PM »
Since I sort of changed my character's appearance in the canon recently, I'll throw my biometric in here as well.

Fronomenal is a raider of slightly under-average height (6.5 heads in height) and average body form (2 blocks I guess). His muscle tone is lean (Lithe) with a tad bit extra muscle.

His afro is round and slightly curly, and it's about this height.

Spoiler

As for clothes and accessories, he wears a black silky bomber jacket, black khakis, black combat boots, a silky black scarf wrapped around his neck, and a purple  katana hidden in a black sheath wrapped with black bandaging on the side of his waist.

Reference for the scarf
Spoiler

Reference for the jacket
Spoiler

reference for the sword and the sheath

Spoiler

Also, Satoshi Batista is a top flight savage haha! Michiko and Hatchin was a damn good show.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 09:36:46 PM by Fronomenal »
"One plus one equals one on a bun."
                     -Ed

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 08:29:57 PM »
Always happy to see people who watched Michiko to Hatchin. And yeah, Satoshi is badass. Loved that anime.

Deets logged. I think I'll stop shamelessy plugging this topic and just leave it be to collect everything. Although hint hint, I'm not just collecting for fun

Offline eukocar

• its not perverted its art!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 12:34:55 PM »
ladies and gentleman i present to you! (some art refs)

Spoiler
1. 7 heads
2. basic block form
3. lithe
body ref
Spoiler
clothing.

Spoiler
face

Offline Fortis Scriptor

• Senior bucket bearer on the sinking ship of writing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 04:13:27 PM »
Hmm, I suppose I'll throw my hat into the ring with my in MR universe Raider.

My Raider would be a skeleton with two blue flames for eyes, like my Crucible character Centurio Skeletus.

art by Devola

Albeit clothing as Fortis Scriptor would be more along the lines of this while carrying at least one book and some form of writing utensil.

Offline Crackhead Johny

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 11:56:27 PM »
I?
What?

Are we turning our self into a LARP character?

Last time I played that game (before LARP existed, like a bazillion years ago) I was told I couldn't exist according to the rules.

6'2"
240-260. Ideally I want to be 250 and 6-8% body fat but lack the motivation to spend the 2 years required at this point.
Chest 52"
Gut 38"
arms: 19.5"
Legs: twig like. Seriously, this high European/skip leg day *censored*, sucks. Ever since I popped something in my head while sledding 2,800+ (.. god I hope it wasn't 3,800? I blame the girl in the black spandex exercise top for that).
Skull: shaved
face: van dyke.
Visible abs: 2
Can I still roll a car over on my own, even with the engine is removed (EZ mode): no.. and last try it was a freaking Del Slo!  :weeping:

Int: Anything I would say would sound like an internet lie. (OK so in K-3 my researcher said I was not scaleable as the tests capped at 165. Then a 147 Wechsler that was trashed by my *censored*ty right brain score, in treatment, In college I met a soulmate and we would dragrace MENSA 165s at the after bar while wasted.. until we met a girl who put our 5 min completion times to shame (*sniff* I never got her name. She was shy, no one knew her and the only thing she said were answered to the test.. we thought she was *censored*ing with us [NERDS!!!!] until we realized everyone of her answers was correct and by then she left). and for "internet IQ" a 172 on a normed test named after a D&D monster.. 172.. dad was always right, his college 178 proves I'm an idiot)
Wisdom: Getting worse by the day (that last bat beating I took, took my perfect memory when it gave me aphasia).
Constitution: I get winded standing up. But so far have been unkillable. Yeah cardio, I know, I bought a bike years ago and it is pretty.
Charisma: I live off old war stories from my golden days. And people still love me, WTF? Vodka gives +7 to CHA... For a while, then -28.
Appearance: probably average.. am I bleeding? I do own the world's most expensive coat and hat and the coat is getting an upgrade. I go to a convention a bazillion people want to get pictures taken with them or in them. Blondswan has introduced some new hats after seeing mine. I'm currently planning a no seam bowler (suck it blond swan!)
What are the other D&D stats?
leprosy: Weird skin condition I'm using cream on. Still have some red spots (maybe when they say "2x a day" they mean that and not once per week?).
Deer fighting: I have never beat up a deer... or a moose (moose ain't going to happen. I have spent the last few years trying to find an old friend who could set up a bear fight for me. He dated a dude who wrassled bears.. no luck so far).
Sex drive: Meh, mine lives in the fridge. No inject, no care.
Car: I bought a "big boy car" (lexus GS350) and am not happy.  I will want a little boy car (STi/Evo) for the rest of my life and regret buying in.
Pontoons: No idea. What would I do with pontoons?
Cooking: My Wheel house. I'm very good. Best wing sauce on the planet (tested by doubters)
Number of dice owned: I think if I searched my house I could find 50.
Pilot: I was but now I'm a ground dweller.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 12:06:53 AM by Crackhead Johny »

Online MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2018, 03:16:33 PM »
Damn, now I have absolutely no idea where my image of you with long hair came from. Good to know though for future reference.

Soi fon is cool. Shunko!

For the record, I do have long wavy hair. Well, the right side is shaved now, but yeah.

Offline Crackhead Johny

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2018, 08:35:23 PM »
a bazillion years ago a friend decided that he would run a RPG where everyone played themselves.
I showed up drunk as I got dragged there.
It turns out I'm not even close to a legitimate character. So he cut half my points saying that "normal humans" are nothing like me.

Offline EffulgentFirefly

• Student writer with no other talents whatsoever
  • Spectating until I'm invited into a game
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2018, 10:06:23 PM »
Decided to get over myself and contribute something after seeing the MR fanart post. Maybe one of these days I'll decide to get over my crippling internet shyness and actually do some writing for the canon... But I doubt it, haha.

A summarized version of what the mercenary/bounty hunter under the alias EffulgentFirefly would look like. Hopefully I'm not doing it wrong or intruding or anything like that... but for sure tell me if I am.

Short (5.5-6 heads) and curvy (round, I suppose), with very curly brown hair and a slightly muscular (lithe) build. Usually clad in all black, with a black mouth mask, hood and gloves, and complete with a black utility belt across her chest. She typically uses a shortened rapier for self-defense, but has vials of different types of poisons that can be thrown like grenades on her utility belt (swear to god I'm not copying Ana from overwatch), as well as a typical parrying dagger.

Don't really have reference photos. Hope that's okay, and my description isn't dogsh*t.
I'm too shy to initiate... But I'm open to anyone else doing it. Just tell me if you need to say something :D

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2018, 06:32:32 AM »
Nope. Your description is what I need, and haha crippling shyness is normal. I shalt work on this in due time.

Come to think of it I need to work on the Hero coats too.