April 20, 2018, 06:35:21 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: It's Opinion Time  (Read 188 times)

Offline Effie Azzara

• Student writer with no other talents whatsoever
  • I'm shy. Plz don't mistake it for something else..
    • View Profile
It's Opinion Time
« on: January 22, 2018, 07:02:55 AM »
The majority of users here are either writers or artists (or both) working together to achieve a common goal, whether it be through peer feedback, or filling in that missing part of a project you can't do alone. But what's the hardest (or easiest) side of the coin-writing or drawing? Well, you tell me. I'm curious.

Don't be a troll. And don't attack people, that isn't nice. This is solely for opinions and countering them respectfully, not arguments.

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Fanatic Of The Pierogi
    • View Profile
Re: It's Opinion Time
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 07:28:49 AM »
Well the act of writing is a lot easier then the act of drawing. Naturally they both have there own elements separate to themselves, and different things to take into consideration when making a story, but ultimately it's a lot simpler to describe a detailed scene then it is to draw it. So while it's not easy to be good at both, and both sides would have to put in effort to make a great work, drawing is the harder part in terms of the act itself.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:32:04 AM by Manimal »

Offline Kiwiavenger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 08:43:01 AM »
I love both!

Personally though I find Drawing the most difficult unless I have a reference ( I cant do poses for toffee - once I've got the pose the details just all fit in) I've often browsed websites to get the bare poses and then go from there. I think more time is the thing needed to help me improve

regarding writing it is sometimes hard to use the right words to convey the scene without doubling down using the same words over and over. The Thesaurus helps greatly in this but it is always a stumbling block for me.

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a giant primary school playground.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 01:12:09 PM »
I both write and draw but it depends of my motivation, of my inspiration.

Sometimes, drawing comes instantly, I get the need to draw.
It's always easier for me to draw with pentablets because the proportions come easier to me than with a real pen. I don't know the reason!

Sometimes, it doesn't work at all but I have "words inspiration", like basic stories or scenario building up in my head.
It's not always easier to write: often, it's difficult to develop a scenario or to work into the fine details.

The words or scenarios that pop up in my mind also give me inspiration to make one or two drawings focusing on an emotion, a sentence.

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 11:04:51 PM »
Drawing is definitely more difficult than writing for me.

The most difficult aspect of it for me is being able to draw what's in my mind accurately. I don't have the talent to draw a lot of the things I think of. xD
I'm back~~~