November 18, 2018, 05:46:38 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The improvement continues @ninoartem  (Read 2640 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: The improvement continues @ninoartem
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2018, 02:30:54 PM »
Man I wish I had an idea of how you even get started with Redbubble and Etsy. What were your first works there ?

Offline OviumNoir

• Power comes in response to a need, not a desire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2018, 10:34:05 AM »
Man I wish I had an idea of how you even get started with Redbubble and Etsy. What were your first works there ?

I only recently jumped on with my Catwoman piece,  but RedBubble took my post down due to WarnerBros ...
But the Goku piece remains.

Very easy just get signed up and upload your digital works, it'll show you what you want to put your stuff on in terms of clothing, phone covers, tea cups, posters etc. The profit margin bites hard though so make sure you adjust that!
When you TALK, you are only repeating what you already know - but if you LISTEN, you may learn something new.

Offline OviumNoir

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2018, 05:22:23 PM »
So when I first started here (in 2015, I think?)

Me and a few others managed to get a team of writers and artists (hahaha, messy as it was it went better than we thought!) together and we all agreed on a plot, to which the artists (such as myself) had to draw char designs.

This is where I was at around 2014/15 (whenever it was I joined here)

Came across the photo on an old facebook archive and thought what better way to honour this picture than to put it here, where it all started.  :heart:
When you TALK, you are only repeating what you already know - but if you LISTEN, you may learn something new.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2018, 05:55:09 PM »
Haha, I still have a case full of old stuff from middle and high school. Actually, that gives me an idea for a thread.

More to the point, you've certainly grown from your experiences. Maybe I'd be up there with you on that god-tier Bleach fanart, but meh, I'm a lazy butt.

Offline OviumNoir

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2018, 09:18:36 AM »
LOL you're very kind, and you'd be better than me for sure. Takes me a while to grasp things I believe.

Maybe one day Miss Lazy Butt will become miss (I don't have an alternative "butt" name so) awesome. You'll impress yourself with your progress and will do your own awesome bleach fan art! (Which btw tag me in, if it's possible to do here! Bleach ftw)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2018, 02:47:21 PM »
Thanks to Ecchiworld I gained the subtitle Ms. Fanservice, so we'll go with that.

Everything has a learning curve, and I'm still trying to figure out about values. It's weird to me that people start in black and white, because in my eyes, colors interact differently and can't be boiled down to just "values". You can ask anyone in the discord group I'm in (SlamJam, Devola, Flames, etc.): when I'm presented with new fundamental information, I get irate.I don't have the best reaction to learning things, which doesn't help my laziness.

You're also actually going and creating stuff, which is an amazing thing in its own right. Never downplay just how powerful the mere act of creation can be. And here you are doing it.

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2018, 05:09:20 PM »
Next commision out the way, Kaneki next  :heart:

Definite improvement since we worked together. I have a couple pieces of advice for your future drawings and they work together. First off is to avoid using black/gray for your shadows, even on whites. Shadows almost always the the most saturated areas of color. In skin if you remove the saturation in shadows the effect will always look a bit corpse-like. Second is to keep the environment's color and the color(s) of the light in mind when you're working on the character(s). Surfaces will almost always reflect their color onto the surfaces around them. They are being surrounded by so much green, yet his coat and shadows are very blue.

Two little things I noticed that I think may have just been missed are that Kenpachi's sword guard and Yachiru's badge are still flat color.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2018, 06:51:26 PM »
Wow, holy crap, I didn't even notice about the hand guard and the badge :ohmy:
Keen eye, mate.

Offline OviumNoir

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2018, 04:14:02 PM »
Next commision out the way, Kaneki next  :heart:

Definite improvement since we worked together. I have a couple pieces of advice for your future drawings and they work together. First off is to avoid using black/gray for your shadows, even on whites. Shadows almost always the the most saturated areas of color. In skin if you remove the saturation in shadows the effect will always look a bit corpse-like. Second is to keep the environment's color and the color(s) of the light in mind when you're working on the character(s). Surfaces will almost always reflect their color onto the surfaces around them. They are being surrounded by so much green, yet his coat and shadows are very blue.

Two little things I noticed that I think may have just been missed are that Kenpachi's sword guard and Yachiru's badge are still flat color.

:o Gotchya!  :blush:
Couldn't find a suitable emote, I'm happy you've checked my work out and pointed out the areas for improvement, I had a hard time with lighting in this, the advice you gave is really what I needed to hear. Robin to the rescue once more eh ;) just like old times. I'll keep you and your advice in mind in my future pieces. Thanks again Ryuu

Saturated colours for shadows - avoid greys/blacks.
Acknowledge the environmental effects on ambient lighting.

Offline OviumNoir

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2018, 04:16:18 PM »
Thanks to Ecchiworld I gained the subtitle Ms. Fanservice, so we'll go with that.

Everything has a learning curve, and I'm still trying to figure out about values. It's weird to me that people start in black and white, because in my eyes, colors interact differently and can't be boiled down to just "values". You can ask anyone in the discord group I'm in (SlamJam, Devola, Flames, etc.): when I'm presented with new fundamental information, I get irate.I don't have the best reaction to learning things, which doesn't help my laziness.

You're also actually going and creating stuff, which is an amazing thing in its own right. Never downplay just how powerful the mere act of creation can be. And here you are doing it.

Thankyou Milk, but I prefer to imagine myself beside you and the rest here on the journey to learn, as you see I've still got more to learn myself. Maybe you're lazy but there's nothing written saying you'll stay that way, I believe once a few hurdles are crossed you'll see a massive boost in your attitude towards growth.  :biggrin:

Offline OviumNoir

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2018, 05:14:12 PM »
-insert speech about being terribly busy-
final sketch version WIP before inking and the rest bla bla

Hearing TG manga has finished now, I gotta finish the anime s3 and catch up  :sheep:

Offline OviumNoir

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2018, 07:00:56 PM »
WIP Inking finished. I'll be doing two versions of this commission; poster version with no background and a poster version with the background complete with the image both sold on RedBubble, but updates later! Otherwise hope you enjoy. x Background and colours left now.

Offline OviumNoir

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2018, 05:34:26 PM »
Finished, onto the next

Offline ;w; Andou

• Andou Keitohno
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2018, 08:12:45 PM »
aim for a promising art style just like Janemere
www.oeiji2000.forumotion.com plz join to help with my manga

Offline OviumNoir

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2018, 12:01:46 PM »
aim for a promising art style just like Janemere

I like her stuff!
I'm a big fan of your mircosciams, your artgerms, yinyum etc.
That seems to be my style more or less...
Though saying that my dream is to become a LITTTLEE more painterly (to pay homage to renaissance style art) in my style in the future. ;)
Please do recommend other artists if you think of any :)