February 19, 2018, 10:45:48 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Thoughts on Mobile Writing?  (Read 111 times)

Online Fronomenal

• MR's Resident Drifter
  • Looking for a place to stay...
    • View Profile
Thoughts on Mobile Writing?
« on: January 10, 2018, 07:01:49 PM »
The advancement of mobile technology throughout the years has, without a doubt, benefited writers tremendously. Everything, from reading books to writing our thoughts down in journals, can all be done with our smartphones.

Even this topic I'm starting right now is being written by me on my smartphone, heading my way home from work via bus. A very smelly bus at that.

With all that said, I was wondering if any of you guys use your phones as an added tool for your writing? Have you used them for any of your story writing? Do you journal on them during a lunch break at work? If so, what mobile software do you often fancy yourself with? I myself dabble between the Google docs app and another app called "Writer."

Of course, nothing will ever beat a good ol' sit down at the computer in your home. But you gotta admit, writing on the go via smartphone is both practical and very convenient in my opinion.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on Mobile Writing?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 07:47:06 PM »
It would drive me crazy to write anything large on a phone, but if an idea hits me on the go, I do use my phone's notepad to jot down a basic summary of it.

I think a lot of people don't have that much trouble with it, but I personally find it super annoying to write with anything other than a keyboard or good ol' pen and paper.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Nairbons

• A Rootin' Tootin' Cowpoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 08:05:05 PM »
The mobile version of Google Docs is good for getting a few words or ideas in when I have a few minutes during a break or lunchtime while at work. Far from my favorite method, but not the worst! Someday I'll write a novel that's done exclusively during bathroom time. Look forward to THAT!

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 09:15:50 PM »
I do okay on my phone. I actually wrote most of the bit I did for the 2017 Great Raid on my phone while home for the holidays. Once you find your rhythm, it comes pretty easily, if not necessarily fast.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Online Fronomenal

• MR's Resident Drifter
  • Looking for a place to stay...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 07:48:46 AM »
Someday I'll write a novel that's done exclusively during bathroom time. Look forward to THAT!

I can only imagine the amount of amazing  stories one could cook up while sitting on a toilet. Definitely a talent far beyond my comprehension. Writing while a taking a John has always felt a little weird to me.

I'm not really a fast typer when it comes to using a smartphone in general, but I do often  find myself being able to write around at least  300 or so words during a average bus ride to work, which is about 30 to 40 minutes. Which is a pretty good start for me at least.