February 20, 2018, 06:29:42 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: MRverse: The Return of the Drifter  (Read 336 times)

Offline eukocar

• its not perverted its art!!
    • View Profile
Re: MRverse: The Return of the Drifter
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2018, 07:56:38 AM »
99% not an trap  :hmm: . I like the odds.

Good job on the story. 

Offline Fronomenal

• MR's Resident Drifter
  • Looking for a place to stay...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2018, 08:37:58 PM »
@Lego: Thanks man! Hearing you say I've improved means a lot to me, seriously. I'm not sure of what I did differently this time around myself to be honest. Maybe it's because I took my time with the editing process, I guess? Whatever the case may be, I'll be sure to keep on improving.

I didn't know it was an unwritten rule to not include OCs in MR canon. I get why though. However, for story purposes, you guys gonna have to let my girl Filia slide for now. I'm telling yall she's cool people, you'll love her.  ;)

And man I think it's obvious that my character is just a shady person in general, Lego. To elaborate on the shed thing though, Fro can morph his hair into anything he wants, and can compress his afro made objects into single strands of hair as an added convenience. So if he wanted to, Fro can create an exact replica of MR City and  compress it into a strand of hair that he can store in his afro for later use, whatever the hell that use may be. Granted, because it's hair, the materials won't be the same, but you get the idea.

And the added layer on top of that ability is his power stealing shenanigans. But I'm pretty sure you're already familiar with that skill. *Wink* *Wink*

In essence, Fro is a pretty complicated character. And to be honest, I myself haven't even fully explored his character yet.

@Eukocar: Thanks a bunch! It's cool to see a new face taking an interest in my stories and the MR canon too. I'll be sure to keep the good work coming.   

Offline Fronomenal

• MR's Resident Drifter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2018, 10:34:36 AM »
So no new chapter updates or anything like that, however I did want to share this sketch my friend drew of my Fronomenal character awhile back, about four of five years back I think. Originally I had told him that I loved the design, but the clothes didn't match with the original appearance I had in mind for Fronomenal. And funny enough, now that I sort of changed Fro's appearance, this sketch is actually kinda spot on with what I want my character to look like now lol.

Also, fun fact: He created a profile here years ago, but never got around to actually using it. Which is a real shame because I did honestly felt like the artist here would've gave him some real valuable tips on improving his art. But hey, he had a reason and I understood it. This place isn't for everybody I guess.   

Spoiler

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2018, 06:08:05 PM »
Geh, now I'm super curious about who it was and why they didn't stick around. Nice work there though for sure. He feels really like he's standing in place and the arm looks on the thin side but it feels well proportioned.

Highschooler Fro looking ready to sit on the back-window-seat like a proper shounen protagonist haha

Offline Fronomenal

• MR's Resident Drifter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2018, 08:58:45 PM »
I remember him saying something about not really knowing how to really get started with the mingling and all that. That, and I think he just generally felt like this place wasn't his kind of vibe, whatever that meant at the time. Vague I know, but I kinda understood it.

And man anything but the typical classroom back-window-seat haha! He does look like highschooler though, funny enough. I always thought the backpack was cool, but I still wonder to this day why the hell did he draw him with a backpack!?

Regardless, that image would go great with High-school Fro in the MR Visual Novel, Lego.  ;) ;)

Side Note:
Spoiler
Wasn't I mentioned in the VN as a promoter of some underground Fightclub? It's been awhile since I read it.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2018, 10:39:56 PM »
That was definitely a thing. In fact it became a whole set piece towards the end. I did end up finishing the script, but VN fell into something of development hell.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2018, 07:42:26 AM »
*Steps out of room full of screaming and the smell of sulphur

Can confirm

*Returns to room

I'm the main issue here atm. Just so lazy at plugging in the script. But when I get over that hurdle it'll be a purely asset-based problem. I'm working on it though.