September 21, 2018, 04:20:39 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Romeo & Juliet & Zombies (concept)  (Read 267 times)

Offline joymov

• Joyous Of Mov's
  • Thinking is so mainstream, that's why i dream.
    • View Profile
Romeo & Juliet & Zombies (concept)
« on: January 08, 2018, 07:10:19 PM »
Cause Pride & prejudice did it, why cant i?

also, yes im aware that the concept of Romeo and Juliet with zombies has been done before, the graphic novel Romeo and Juliet Vs. Zombies and the movie "warm bodies" which is supposedly an adaptation.

the main inspiration for this concept was this animatic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQodPItRH_g

Basically, what i want to with this concept is sort of... dissect the source material for many of its core elements and use them to build my story (yea, i just defined what an "adaption" is)

i feel like there could be more from the Romeo and Juliet story when put into a new environment, for example, getting to see what happens after the somber ending...

see you there, Zombie Cowboys.
(Zombie Cowboys coming to a forum near you summer 2018)
Dreaming in vivid color.

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
Re: Romeo & Juliet & Zombies (concept)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 08:21:18 PM »
Nothing wrong with doing something that's been done before. =)

It's great that you're actually trying to break it down to the core elements. You'll be able to have the essence of the idea while also making it your own.
I'm back~~~

Offline geassstudio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 08:45:12 AM »
I’ve never read Pride Prejudice and Zombies, but I have seen Warm Bodies, so I imagine you’re going for a dark comedic twist to this classic story. I’d imagine setting the plot in an awkward aftermath of Romeo and Juliet’s death where they’re risen from the dead yet haven’t fallen prey to their deteriorating zombie mind. This gives them the chance to actually get to know each other better unlike in the original source material with the couple coming to the conclusion that maybe they’re not right for each other. But that’s just me spitballing.

Offline Zetnodan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 03:37:32 PM »
So, would you consider this a response to Romeo and Juliet, I dissection, a subversion, or what? I think adding Zombies to things brings a certain thematic expectation so I'm curious as to what your plan is.