June 19, 2018, 04:40:24 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: ! hello !  (Read 287 times)

Offline erratic-error

• 99% Cryptid
  • what a life, what a meme.
    • View Profile
! hello !
« on: January 04, 2018, 04:28:13 PM »
Hey there! Call me Error, nice to meet you all. I'm an artist, and seriously thinking about starting my own webcomic sometime... I've been crawling through the internet over the past week or so to find a constructive website for this sort of thing - and this seems pretty promising haha.

um- to answer a few questions for the recommended intro thread:

my top two faves anime/mangas are definitely D.Gray-Man (a childhood love) and more recently Boku no Hero Academia :) I really like action in most any form of media, anime and manga aside, but for some reason, it's easier for me to read more romance themed works for webcomics? who knows lol

As for hobbies and interests, drawing takes up about 90% of my life haha. I don't do much else, play some video games on my off days. I personally enjoy survival/building games - something about play god haha. I mostly play a combo of oxygen not included and factorio at the moment, they're pretty chill.

(hopefully that gives you guys something to talk to me about lol)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
Re: ! hello !
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 05:04:09 PM »
Welcome to the forum! Hopefully we can help you out a little on the webcomic front. We have a few artists with some amazing skills for critiques should you be interested in them, and I believe a few other members have started some webcomics and can help you navigate sites specifically for uploading them.

In the meantime, I'd love to see some of your art popping up in the art gallery. (Just going to gracefully ballet jump over the fact that my gallery has been a little slow moving lately, hhhhh).

Offline erratic-error

• 99% Cryptid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 05:40:58 PM »
@mahlua

Thanks for the welcome! I'll have to be on the lookout for critiques when I do get the ball rolling, and is it okay for me to post images even though I am less than 25 posts? I don't want to accidentally get marked as linkspam for sharing my art too early lol

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 06:43:52 PM »
Yeah, and we have an image coding process (if you see the little Mona Lisa icon in the command menu while posting) where you can insert an image link (it has to just be the image, though, not the page) and it will show up as the image instead of a link. It's not linkspam per se if you're posting art in your own art gallery thread. You should've seen the days when one of our mods would just dump all his sketches from a few days and you would be scrolling for ages.

If you do have a lot of images, though, it's recommended to use the spoiler (the icon that says "Sp") to hide them under a click function so slower computers can load your thread and the user can click on the images for one specific post and load them more quickly.

Offline erratic-error

• 99% Cryptid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 07:32:50 PM »
Sweet! Thanks for the tips, I'll get to work on the gallery asap then :)

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 09:26:14 PM »
Welcome to MR !

I see you have already started a Gallery topic and posted some of your artwork. Good stuff !!

Have you tried to do your own comic ? Like a mini Manga ?

Offline SaiHawkeye

• Producer-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 09:33:02 PM »
Welcome Error!

It's interesting that drawing takes up so much of your free time. I wish I could dedicate that much time to it but my attention span is very limited. =P
I'm back~~~

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 10:53:27 PM »
Welcome to mangaraiders! O always liked D.Gray Man as well, although much to my shame I never got around to watching the new show  :sure:

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline OviumNoir

• Power comes in response to a need, not a desire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 04:25:06 PM »
Hey there! Call me Error, nice to meet you all. I'm an artist, and seriously thinking about starting my own webcomic sometime... I've been crawling through the internet over the past week or so to find a constructive website for this sort of thing - and this seems pretty promising haha.

um- to answer a few questions for the recommended intro thread:

my top two faves anime/mangas are definitely D.Gray-Man (a childhood love) and more recently Boku no Hero Academia :) I really like action in most any form of media, anime and manga aside, but for some reason, it's easier for me to read more romance themed works for webcomics? who knows lol

As for hobbies and interests, drawing takes up about 90% of my life haha. I don't do much else, play some video games on my off days. I personally enjoy survival/building games - something about play god haha. I mostly play a combo of oxygen not included and factorio at the moment, they're pretty chill.

(hopefully that gives you guys something to talk to me about lol)

Welcome, Error I assume isn't your real name but it's a got a sick ring to it !  :dance:
When you TALK, you are only repeating what you already know - but if you LISTEN, you may learn something new.