May 21, 2018, 04:50:33 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Turn Right. Challenge  (Read 174 times)

Offline Crackhead Johny

• View Profile
Turn Right. Challenge
« on: February 25, 2018, 03:35:36 PM »
American TV and Anime have a problem with the new content being generated by fans who grew up with the medium. Hemingway is apparently dead and now all authors/writers are introverts who are scared of talking to people and scared of drinking and scared of fighting bulls. This means the modern writer is making their characters based off all of the terrible cardboard cut out characters they saw on TV (this is how Human Centipede works... you do not want to be part of a Human Centipede.. Right?).
What this leads to is a NASCAR "turn left" cliche' level of mediocrity where the "great" stuff is defined by fashion decisions and a few tropes to mask the plagiarism.

So when NASCAR demands that you turn left.. always, my challenge to all of you is to see how hard you can turn right.

For 2+ years I have been toying with trying to write a story about Johnny Johnny BK, the baby killer as the protagonist. Can I make a baby killer the good guy? That is hard right in NASCAR terms.

I think I will rip off Walter John Williams "Aristoi" for style if I do it. Do a "director's cut' sort of thing.  *Seriously I would have never come up with that format. I have been trying to sell my "real author" friend on a story about a man who lives life for others, in this format for a decade or two.

How hard can your turn right?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 03:54:18 PM by Crackhead Johny »