March 29, 2024, 01:26:27 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Chit Chat 2018  (Read 97213 times)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: Chit Chat 2018
« Reply #465 on: December 03, 2018, 07:04:09 PM »
Bluh, my life is slowly turning to the better, but boy is it taking effort.

TW: Family issues, mental illness,
and other dark things
I just got off the phone with my uncle. I called him a couple of days ago to actually update the family and let them know about the whole psychological withdrawal from the university and to tell them about how I'm probably not going to be available for the family holiday parties this year. It went pretty well and he does want to come together and support me, which is good. I'm just really put off by it because of what living with my mom has done to me mentally.

She's always been so vehement that her brother and that whole side of the family has abandoned her and that she's so angry at them about all this medical stuff and pain pills and hooplah, but basically she goes on and on about how they hate her and many times she's accused me of saying bad things about her to make it worse, which, because of the accusations, even when I was still in my early teens, I actually set out to not try to talk about her at all or claim that I didn't know anything. I still kinda did that in the phone conversation today because it's almost like I can still hear her yelling at me in the back of my head, y'know?

But it's probably better and healthier that I said anything at all and tried to talk to the family despite the fear that she'd get mad at me for connecting with them and not to her. She seems so entitled to my time and my life, and right now she's literally half the reason things fell apart in the first place. I've told her I need to get my feet under me so I can support myself first, and I got called disrespectful and ungrateful for it, so I'm kinda done being made to feel like sh8t.

I've got therapy, I've got friends, I've got writing and hobbies, and I've got so many other things I can do with my life other than let the echoes of her words keep controlling me even when she lives two hours away now. It's time for me to actually be in charge for once. And I really do think that building back up my relations with relatives I haven't seen in over a year is a good way to do that. I just hope that I have the strength to keep my head above water over the inevitable sh8tstorm that's coming this holiday season.

Good thing I'm used to the holiday season being a total sh8tstorm anyway because of Mom's crazy antics.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 03, 2018, 09:23:59 PM »
That sucks to hear Mahlua, but at least things seem to be slowly improving. I'm no stranger to holiday family drama (my whole dad's side of the family is about this close to murdering each other at any given time. Not joking one bit). So yeah, distancing yourself can sometimes be the best option. Tacit acknowledgment at times is much healthier than actually interacting with people who can't be bothered to meet you on your own level.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 03, 2018, 10:04:45 PM »
My therapist actually suggested that I send my parents a holiday card with simple presents like gift cards so that I wouldn't have to call them or respond to their calls. Therapists are ingenious people man.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 04, 2018, 02:33:42 AM »
writing letters/cards is a good way to communicate without that stress level of interaction, and then you don't feel bad for not answering your phone or not responding to texts, as you're doing what you sanely can.

sorry to hear of your situation, but glad you're doing what you can to cope with it. definitely try and live your life freely.

my boss was a bit bossy and even after leaving work it took me several months to get over the worry that "she's looking over my shoulder", even though I actually liked her and we got along well @_@
so I can imagine with actual proper stress and depression it can be very hard to get out of that mindset, but I'm sure you will manage it :)
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 08, 2018, 08:31:29 PM »
The fall semester is over, freedom at last.

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 09, 2018, 09:53:45 PM »
 :clapping:
Hope you can get to relax c:
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 19, 2018, 11:18:42 AM »
Okay.

Blue Traveler's Christmas is THE WORST SONG OF ALL TIME. Not even just the worst Christmas song, it is, but the worst song ever almost. Oh my God it just played on the radio on the job and I want to fricking smash my brains out. It was the most stressful and horrific song ever. Jeez this is terrible what is this pure filth in the finest degree. What a dreadful and rotten track, the vocals are so bad I feel like I died 55 times just listening to it. Oh my God the lyrics are so bad I died 85 times. What in the hell is this garbage holy, good job whoever wrote this song you wrote like the worst song ever. How is this a Christmas song, I don't think it's meant to be honestly but you know, it's flith. Oh my God it's so bad I'm actually bothered by it's existence. What an insult to all humans ever born this song is.

Just a small rant.   
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 11:20:58 AM by Manimal Claus »

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 19, 2018, 05:55:38 PM »
I've used my avatar for about 6 years now I believe... Trying out a new one and woah does it feel strange.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 20, 2018, 07:43:47 AM »
At least you didn't change everything and once. Nice new avatar!

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 20, 2018, 11:44:56 AM »
I am absolutely floored by my order of Kero Kero Bonitos' Time 'n' Place on record form Polyvinyl. It's a 1500 early bird pre-order pressing and it was only $20.

FIRST OFF ALL. I opened it, okay cool a record and some...what...no way. THEY PUT IN A THING OF AIRHEADS.

What in the! Who does this? Also, it has some cards, normal, and the record is on pink vinyl AND it has this insane texture that makes it looks like wet paper, all crumply and stuff. This is why I love records, this is so fun. Polyvinyl are great, they truly care about the experience of records and the fun in the little details. Also the packaging of the album is awesome, the lyric sheet looks like a terrible photocopy on thin paper with a really messed up lo-fi style. It fits with the cover which is clearly an ID picture. The record labels are also the photocopy style and the tracklist on the back. This is the good stuff, I will 100% order from Polyvinyl again if the chance comes up. 

Stuff like this and the Sennou record are perfect examples of why I don't want to order on like Amazon and stuff anymore. I do what I have to, ta get what I want cheap, but man all it takes is a little love and effort to make things great like this.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 11:46:44 AM by Manimal Claus »

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 28, 2019, 10:45:14 PM »
Kingdom Hearts III is on its way tomorrow. The real concern is if I miss the amazon delivery :o

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 28, 2019, 11:18:53 PM »
I just wanna give a shoutout to all the homies that didn't live long enough to see Kingdom Hearts 3 get released

We made it, peeps.

We made it.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 30, 2019, 09:29:01 AM »
Indeed indeed. It's finally here.

Side note: Holy hell is it cold in the Midwest right now. Keep warm everyone!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 30, 2019, 10:22:59 AM »
had our first snow in the UK, with more forecast in the next week. "winter" has finally arrived :/
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 30, 2019, 10:28:36 AM »
Windchill -25F here.