April 18, 2024, 11:13:16 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Chit Chat 2018  (Read 98026 times)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: Chit Chat 2018
« Reply #405 on: October 30, 2018, 05:19:41 PM »
Boy do I have a lot of stories to tell about how my life has...happened over the past few months.

Although most of those stories are probably better suited to ecchiworld because suddenly my life is like that. There were a lot of repressed things that are suddenly very not repressed anymore.

On the safe-for-MR's-children side of things, I got a job housekeeping at a fancy little inn nearby thanks to one of my roommates, which hopefully I'll be starting to work full time at soon. I did get a bit of field experience out in the schools before I kinda stopped caring about everything, and it was definitely an experience.

On top of that, the Pagan club is once again facing officer drama and this year's Halloween event was probably one of the worst ones yet, aaaand a good chunk of the club (literally about a dozen of us) are starting to think about plans for impeaching one of the officers if sh8t doesn't get better soon. Related to that, I've been studying a lot more occult stuff and can now say I've actually read Anton LeVay's Satanic Bible. It was 10/10 hilarious edgey read with surprisingly...decent magic structure? We now quote parts of it in my household for the LULZ.

In other news, a friend introduced me to Highschool DxD and I'm hooked (I've only seen season 1 of the anime though). I'm also going to be collecting the Prison School manga, aaand I got a friend of mine into Rosario+Vampire since I have all 24 manga volumes of it and we're now trash together thanks. Also that friend's fiance has the Trinity Blood light novels from TokyoPop so whoops mind my poor little gay fangbanger soul my crush on Asthe has come back full force. MMMMMMMMMM that vampire booty.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 30, 2018, 05:52:10 PM »
I... Experienced some of that knowledge. Forgot that I wasn't under 18 anymore because damn. But OK then.

Housekeeping makes the world go round... If you can pull it off. I suck at cleanliness unfortunately. Gotta learn to do that in general because those are the only damn jobs around. Is the inn cinematic and idyllic? Or is it Bates Motel like?

wait there's a satanic bible? You know what don't answer that. I thought there was only the Necronomicon or something.

Haven't touched Higschool D X D ever, but I want to read those Trinity Blood novels. Share! Send by DHL. Pictures or they don't exist.

Also dis posting spree

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 30, 2018, 05:58:15 PM »
I like patterns and organization, so housekeeping and the like are a great fit for me. It's just a sleepy mountain town, so not much going on.

Yes.
"MY ROD IS ATHRUST!"

The first series is called Trinity Blood: Rage Against the Moon and the second is called Trinity Blood: Reborn on Mars. You can go look them up yourself. TokyoPop did them here in the states.

Yes. You're welcome.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 30, 2018, 06:43:49 PM »
The Satanic Bible is a trip man. I need to get myself a copy, but I'm seriously putting off any more books until my current backlog is done.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 30, 2018, 09:20:12 PM »
wait there's a satanic bible? You know what don't answer that. I thought there was only the Necronomicon or something.
It's LaVey, so it's all shock value. LaVeyan's don't even actually believe Satan or magic exists. They're just nihilist social Darwinists who pretend to worship the devil to make people of Abrahamic religions mad pretty much.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism

Oh, and welcome back Mahlua.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 30, 2018, 10:15:55 PM »
Glad to be back. And yeah, I totally just read the whole thing to see how edgey it was. The answer is "infinitely". Comedy gold right there. Like I said, my roommates and I quote the darn thing regularly now. It has attained meme status.

"I REQUEST REASON FOR YOUR GOLDEN RULE AND ASK WHY AND WHEREFORE OF YOUR TEN COMMANDMENTS!"

later, in another chapter: "MY LOINS ARE AFLAME!"

Gods, it's so dramaaaatic.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 30, 2018, 10:24:00 PM »
Gonna save the loins one for whenever, if ever, I pass a kidney stone.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 30, 2018, 11:09:37 PM »
Or the inevitable time that you need to clear a path in the airport.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Happy Halloween, B8tches
« Reply #413 on: October 31, 2018, 12:36:51 AM »
Happy Halloween, Merry Samhain, Blessed day of candy, the dead, monsters, and the thinning of the veil. Hooplah.
Time to get drunk.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 31, 2018, 07:45:05 AM »
Happy Halloween everyone! I did my getting drunk over the weekend. Such is the bane of weeknight holidays  :push:

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 09, 2018, 03:37:19 PM »
So, in the past week I have:
>Set up direct deposit at work
>Almost got charged with obstruction of justice
>Went to my first therapist appointment
>Called another place about possible group therapy options
>Checked in with current insurance
>>Found out that I'll be losing coverage starting January 1st
>>>Looked into where DSS is in my county so I can drop by there to see about MedicAID options
>Got a referral for antidepressants
>Got a very sudden sore throat
>Sore throat subsided and now I'm just congested.

One of these things is not like the others...:blinkAdmin:

Wanna hear about how I almost got charged?
The story of Officer Grumpypants
So I'm walking to my therapist appointment and this girl walks up to me, literally shaking. She looked terrified, and she was young, too, about my age. She asked if she could use my phone. I said of course, and to try to distract her from whatever clearly negative thing just happened to her, I start talking about the music shop I just passed by.

Then a cop car pulls up.
She goes, "Ohmigod, if he comes over here, please tell him we've been walking together for a while. Cops make me nervous."

Big red flag, I know, but I also know a lot of people like that. My first thought was that she just ran out of some domestic violence incident, what with her condition.

So this police officer comes up, clearly trying to make himself as big as possible. Like, I see through this guy. That's not his normal posture. He was puffing himself up to be as big and intimidating as possible. Unfortunately for this girl trying to use my phone (which she can barely type on, since she's shaking so badly), it works.

I ask him if we can help him, and he starts asking stupid off-topic questions. One of them was "Have you two been together long?" Like, what the f8ck does that even mean? But, of course, this poor girl is so nervous and wants to please him enough to go away that she just says "Yeah" and starts spouting bullsh8t about how she was with me at the music store a little ways back down the road. I try to throw her a bone. This was what he would take issue with later. I said "We ran into each other a little while back, like, at the crosswalk or something."

Look, I reiterate, this girl was still shaking. She came up to me wide-eyed and just asked to use my phone. She said she needed to talk to somebody. The world was clearly crumbling around her, or to her it felt like it was. Any dipsh8t could see that she was mentally and emotionally not in the best place and needed support and probably something like a friend.

Eventually the cop finally explains why he showed up. A local business had a trespass warrant out for a girl matching the description of the girl next to me. Of course she was the girl. I knew that, he knew that, she knew that. She was just scared out of her f8cking mind. Whatever happened, she wanted to get away from it. She even said "I won't go back there", referring to that business. He then was like, "are you the girl", and she was like, "no, but I won't go back there", and he was like, "well, there's a trespass warrant, and if you're not, I don't wanna trespass on y'all", which was bullsh8t because he was still standing there trying to probe her with stupid, stupid questions, and finally she said, "You know what, yeah, I'm the girl. Whatever. Sign the papers." Her tone was resignation. She just wanted out.

So she heads to the car.

The cop turns to me and makes a grandiose hands in the air "What the f8ck, kid?" gesture. He proceeded to lecture me for about five minutes on how he could totally charge me for obstruction of justice and I don't know the totality of what he was dealing with and what if it weren't just a trespass warrant and what if it were attempted murder and blah blah blah and he didn't know if I hated cops or what but he didn't understand why I would do that for a total stranger and he watched her approach me so he knew she was lying from the beginning...and I couldn't even get a word in. I just kept trying to apologize and repeat, "She just looked like she needed help." I couldn't get anything past that. He kept butting in with even more of his one-sided lecture.

Like, look, first of all, it wasn't a major charge, so he could calm tf down. Second of all, he saw her approach, so he knew she was lying to begin with, so why is this even an issue? And third, she couldn't have gotten away with sh8t. As clumsy as she is nervous, if it were attempted murder, she'd have blood all over her or something. She's not slick. She isn't anything close to criminal material. I highly doubt what happened at the business was all her fault either. According to both of them, there was a big argument she had with another person at the business about how much she'd paid for something. The way she was shaking seemed to me like she was threatened with more than just calling the cops. Or maybe she was just poor and didn't have money. Who knows? Yes, it was clear that she was the suspect in question, but clearly the situation was more complex than that. Simple guilt doesn't render someone almost incapable of typing on a phone. On top of that, if he had been following her and knew she was the suspect, what investigation would I have been hindering? Literally what? And why did this cop feel the need to rail me for a solid five minutes about how you shouldn't help people who look like they need help? Yes, he actually said "You shouldn't do that for strangers" and kept saying things like "I don't know why you'd do that."

If he had given me a chance to speak, I'd tell him why.

I grew up around domestic violence and other kids who lived with it. I've seen people lock up, freeze, lose the ability to speak, or become compulsive liars in the face of the law, not because they were guilty of anything, but because if their parents knew they were talking to cops, they'd get their butts whupped. I also grew up with adults who traded prescription drugs, foodstamps, cigarettes, and favors for currency. I also grew up with a kid in my school who came in one day black and blue because a teacher called home--and it was a good report! It was because she made the highest grade on a test in that class, and the teacher wanted to congratulate the family! But she got beat for it, because an authority figure called home.

That girl was kindred with one of those kids and I knew it. If he had taken a moment to stop asking stupid questions and got straight to the point, he'd'a known it too. Sometimes those kids turn and do bad things, which it looked like she did. But to run her into a corner instead of calmly approaching and saying something like "Excuse me ladies, I'm looking for a suspect on such and such warrant and you appear to match that description. Would you mind answering a few questions?" instead of f8cking "Have you two been together long?"--Jesus f8cking Christ...talk about a power trip. Compound that with his vehement need to interrupt me when I had tried to answer and explain my reasoning just to continue his angry monologue.

DISCLAIMER:
Not all cops are jerks like that one. I know that. He just happened to be one. I respect the fact that he was doing his job, but I do not respect that he made choices that ultimately created a more hostile situation for a suspect who was already freaking the f8ck out. I also don't think "don't help strangers like this" is appropriate advice to give a citizen just looking out for another citizen and following the innocent until proven guilty ideology. For all either one of us knew, she could've been trying to contact a lawyer. Good police officers deescalate situations and show care for all citizens. I do not believe this one did so.

I'd be willing to bet that girl feels a little bit better about the world, knowing that a complete stranger would throw her a bone when she clearly needed help, but, unfortunately, I won't be doing that again. What kind of world do we live in, where a uniformed police officer advises people to not help others in need? Either way, it was too close a call, and I won't be doing that again. If he were a mega-jerk, like he said, he could've charged me.

EXTRA IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
I will be keeping an eye out for the weekly crime report for the day that happened so that I can cross reference to see if there were any other pending charges he was keeping from us. Like I said, we all knew she was guilty. The question that rattles me is "of what, really, that would make her come up to a complete stranger, shaking, almost crying, and ask to use their phone?"
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Crystal (BobbyjoeX)

• o-o
  • no idea what i'm doing anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 09, 2018, 07:19:42 PM »
can i start off by saying that this forum is very sane compared to another forum i been on for the last ... most of the year....

well i got into a fight over portrayal of my own character in what i thought was a collaborative project, asked to see drafts but they were going up without me knowing, after finally blowing up and eventually fighting with the guy he informs me that i was only allowed to proof read a segment of it... if my characters in it i want to see the whole thing!...and now im banned for being a bitch

thats been my last 3 days.... how does someone achieve happiness?...

Click the Banner to Read

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 09, 2018, 11:04:34 PM »
By slowly and sometimes painfully taking single steps which you believe are leading you in the right direction. 

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 10, 2018, 12:15:58 PM »
@Mahlua, BobbyJoeX sorry to hear of your misfortunes.

I just spent 3 hours trying to improve my printer alignment, and at the final stage I find that the custom page order in the print dialog in Adobe (printing a PDF) only allows me to type about 60 characters, so after all the fixing I can't even print what I want without splitting it up into little bits. I've nearly printed 200 pages of failed attempts and batches now. I think I've been successful in the end but I'm not sure it was so worth it....
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 13, 2018, 07:18:25 PM »
I need to make a post about this.

I ordered Seiko Oomori's Sennou on LP from HMVRecordShopJP from Discogs and it's unbelievable. It came in only 6 days and for $60 CAD shipped I got an amazing new copy of one of my top 10 artist's records that I will NEVER find in shops here, something I'd pay even more to get, and I'VE NEVER seen an album packaged this well. Not only was it shipped perfectly, it came in two sleeves and the record was taken out of the cover to make sure there where no creases or anything. I've never bought an album new that had so much effort put in to make sure the cover remained perfect. I've never seen an album in such perfect shape, even brand new albums. The album sounds perfect also and I mean it's Seiko. Finally I can add a J-Pop artist to my record collection to sit among all the best.     

Japan music product is always top notch, everything is perfect. ON THE FLIPSIDE. I ordered Band-Maid's Just Bring It on CD from Amazon (PRIME!), pressed by UK I think based label JPN Records (who are good at releasing J-Rock for the Western market but meh at packaging it) and this brand new wrapped CD IS COVERED IN PERFUME. Or soap. The booklet is stuck together and it stuck to the CD also. It was factory sealed yet covered in some kind of soapy smelling sticky substance. Disgusting and the worst order I've yet to receive online. So today I got both the best and worst of online shopping...