October 16, 2018, 03:10:23 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Chit Chat 2018  (Read 14604 times)

Offline EffulgentFirefly

• Student writer with no other talents whatsoever
  • Spectating until I'm invited into a game
    • View Profile
Re: Chit Chat 2018
« Reply #240 on: May 30, 2018, 06:30:28 PM »
I had a 'truth is stranger than fiction' moment earlier this year, or maybe I just underestimated how awful the human race could be. It was months ago, but I'm still kind of in shock about it.  I haven't really told anyone except my family about it for some reason (maybe because I don't want to get involved with the law if things escalate again or for the person who wronged me to somehow find me posting on the internet on a site she doesn't know about under a name no one knows exists), but it really f*cked me up after an already particularly difficult time. And people are telling me over and over that I shouldn't let one person control so much of my life, but I dunno. It was a really important one person.

Who woulda thunk it, though. I didn't know people actually meant it when they said there were moments stranger than fiction. Hope I wasn't too whiny.
I'm too shy to initiate... But I'm open to anyone else doing it. Just tell me if you need to say something :D

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 30, 2018, 06:37:08 PM »
Not to whiny if you ask me. I have to ask, though, and I ask this genuinely: are you all right? Whatever happened seems to have shaken you up pretty badly. If you don't feel comfortable discussing details here, you can PM me about it directly. I may not be able to help much, but I can offer support where I can.

Offline EffulgentFirefly

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 30, 2018, 07:04:12 PM »
I'm fine, or I should be soon enough. It could have been worse. I think it really was more of a shock than much else. Thanks, though.

Edit: I'll probably tell the story when the dust has settled because it's a real doozy. Definitely not the worst thing that could happen to a person, but still pretty messed.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 07:42:10 PM by EffulgentFirefly »
I'm too shy to initiate... But I'm open to anyone else doing it. Just tell me if you need to say something :D

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 30, 2018, 07:42:34 PM »
Well I'm glad it didn't turn out worse from the sounds of it.

We're always here for you. MR is supposed to be a safe place for our members, so don't feel bad for coming to us.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline eldritchmaestro

• High Chancellor of Horror
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 30, 2018, 08:25:17 PM »
Sounds like quite the sucky situation indeedy, and yeah pretty much what Coryn said. If you need to spull stuff, spill, whether by PM to someone our here in chit chat. We've got you.

Online OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 30, 2018, 10:37:24 PM »
Lum no Love Song is stuck in my head

Offline EffulgentFirefly

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 01, 2018, 05:39:45 PM »
Thanks guys. Always nice to have someone in your corner.

In other news, the second session of camp nanowrimo starts in a month.  I usually do it alone, but I was thinking of starting a cabin if it doesn't slip my mind and if I can get on the internet without an interruption for more than ten minutes. It might be nice to compete against encourage some fellow writers.

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 01, 2018, 09:50:09 PM »
Well, as of today, I'm single again. No fights or anything. We just decided it wasn't a good time for it due to some factors that were making it more difficult than it had to be. I'm alright, actually I feel better than I did before talking over the decision.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 01, 2018, 10:09:24 PM »
I am both sorry and glad to hear it. Sorry that it had to end due to external factors, but glad that it was a good break and not a messy crapstorm. I recently had a friend block me over the latter kind of decision. Nice to know that there is still good communication somewhere in the world.

Offline Fortis Scriptor

• Senior bucket bearer on the sinking ship of writing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 04, 2018, 12:53:06 PM »
So, story time from one of MR's resident ghosts. I have a bit of a love hate relationship with the shower in my home. On the love end, it's a damn good shower that's very comfortable to use... So long as nobody else in the house turns on the water. So the sink, the garden hose, flushing a toilet, turning on the washing machine. All things that most people do unconsciously. So between four and six times now I have lost the game of shower russian roulette and experienced incidents where I'm in the middle of my shower and then wham freezing cold, or what happens more often and what is far more painful, scalding hot that is enough to burn. Typically the person using the water outside the shower will quickly figure out their mistake and turn the water off after they hear me yell out a string of profanity. Today's incident however was the worst case possible, that being where I was in the very middle of the shower, and the effected household item causing my extra shot of adrenaline for the day was the washing machine which basically renders the shower unusable until the wash is done. All in all, it's a very unfortunate thing to happen in the moment, but human suffering is damned hilarious even for the person suffering in retrospect so to anyone who's writing a slice of life type of story feel free to use this sort of scenario as a bit of comedy.

Alright, story/rant done,  back to the shadows with me. I hope you guys all have a wonderful rest of your day.  :thumbsup:

Offline suupertramp

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 04, 2018, 04:20:23 PM »
happens to me all the time lol

Offline EffulgentFirefly

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 04, 2018, 06:07:19 PM »
You gotta stand up for yourself! Fight for your shower rights! Make sure you scream 'I'm in the shower!' as loud as you can before you go in! Or even better, make a point to disregard other people in the shower when you're using the water.

You could always, of course just have a polite discussion about it, but that hasn't worked too well in my experience. Best of luck with your showering.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 04, 2018, 06:42:59 PM »
See that was me and dorm life all the time except my frustration when the water turned scalding hot was because I'm a bloody masochist.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 04, 2018, 09:04:41 PM »
I could definitely see that scenario working in some slice of life comedy show, someone should get on that!

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 04, 2018, 10:23:53 PM »
If you really want to be vindictive, install electrically actuated valves along your water piping, so you can shut off flow to everything except the shower from within the restroom. I'm not saying it's economically viable, but damn if it isn't effective.

I am so glad my campus was supplied by a giant boiler plant. Never lacking for hot water. And it was a system I regularly put to the test. Love me a long shower.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF