March 29, 2024, 01:14:39 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: a simple story that needs insight  (Read 2509 times)

Offline bossx5

• View Profile
a simple story that needs insight
« on: December 25, 2017, 12:39:40 AM »
Ok the story is called if i were god.  Its about a young boy who lives with his grandmother who is very ill and the boy fears she will die soon hr has already lost his parents and his grandfather so he slowly begins to hate the gods when a stranger appears and asks him what he would do if he were god.  He grants the boy gods powers for a year  and along with it his responsibility.  Confused at first as to what to do he begins his job as god while trying not to be corrupt.  Its a bit of slice of life and humor mixed in with its dark tone.

I want to know what you guys and gals would do if you could make anything happen without any backlash to you and you alone.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: a simple story that needs insight
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 12:51:17 AM »
Uhhh world peace? End world hunger? Generate compassion among mankind?

Probably too broad...I'd at the very least try to do something good in my community and cause people to accidentally start being nice to one another. For example, I'd try to watch over children and turn things in favor of justice when it comes to bullying, but I'd also take my knowledge of the bullies and follow them, and try to make their lives more happy, because people don't just do things for no reason. I'd try to, with my god powers, ease family situations. Maybe cause a few deadly overdoses to abusive parents and spouses, maybe just help someone through an illness. I dunno, though. That's just me. I act like a hardass but I got too big a heart.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 08:10:47 AM »
I'd force people into uncomfortable situations that make them reevaluate their lives. Like any reasonable, low interference God should do.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 11:33:13 AM »
Well of course number 1 is me, my family and my friends will be well off. Not rich, just enough to do the cool things we wanna do without being jerks. We still outta work right. All American chains in Canada are removed and replaced by succesful new and exciting retailers. Tims is removed from every single out of country location and never expands because it belongs to us and only us. Zellers returns and Carly Rae's next album goes #1. We find a magical way to ease tensions and for all our people to have good relations from the unknown communities in Nunavut to the French snobs in Quebec. I will make our stereotype true.

First I look after me and my family. Then my country folk. And then I guess I'll find a magic way to end world hunger and pain and conflict. Ya you know simple stuff. Really though anything you do will only result in new problems.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 11:37:10 AM by Manimal Claus »

Offline Lord Shaud

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2017, 11:39:56 AM »
To clarify this is bossx5 cant log into account not a troll.  Anyway in the Story he starts off with the whole solving world problems like hunger and peace but finds that the human race will find a way to destroy peace and that without struggles life would become stagnate and bland. And in doing so the world would be overpopulated and he gpes back to change that.  That is my intro arc but what i want to know is how would you as a mortal spend your life as god without his all knowing ability. Like say you see someone in the street pushing their baby in a stroller would you grant them luck to buy a car or grant them a lifetime bus ticket   me personally i would make a new earth close to our earth hidden for when or if we were to destroy ours the survivors could join the new mankind.

Offline Chronos

• University student with worldbuilding disease
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 05:52:56 PM »
What age are we talking about, to be precise? Also, I think we are missing out on the ... less than idealistic parts of human psyche. While ending world hunger and/or war are your usual actions, if you are blessed with literal omipotence, what is left to keep you from giving in to your every desire? Especially if we are talking about a young boy, as stated. Giving punishments to people, simply because you don't like them, give your friends unfair advantages in life based solely on a whim or satisfy your curiosity (or really any other craving), because there is nothing that can stop you. This very basic part of the human mind and the struggle of the protagonist with it has, in my opinion, the potential to be much more interesting than watching him do one purely altruistic act after another.

Offline bossx5

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 12:03:38 AM »
Sorry raiders I have had problems with internet and I started a new job 🤗. Anyway I plan on the story to center around a 13 year old but as the story moves forward we find that their are others who has been granted the role of god. They all posses the same abilities and they grow as they gain worshippers I don't know if a full on action story would fit seeing as they are God but more of a war political story if you will. I have ideas like in the start of the story God decided to leave but doesn't won't to abandon life yet so he gives the living that choice but in the past he left it with other immortals who came out to be the Asgardians and the Olympians but with that came a cycle of war that could easily be explained as greed on their part for worshippers. So now he seeks those who can wield such power without being corrupted or envious to take his role so he made avatars of himself and sent them out to find one they deem worthy and train them and to protect them from the devil who sees this as his chance and other avatars choice. (And if this rubs anyone the wrong way based on religion please forgive me I believe everyone's God or gods are different such as if you have two Christian's they may read the same bible but their prayers are different and they look to God for different reasons so I am not trying to force my belief on anyone.)