January 17, 2018, 06:58:01 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Effie's Writing Portfolio-Come and check it out!  (Read 82 times)

Offline EffulgentFirefly

• Student writer with no other talents whatsoever
  • I'm shy. Plz don't mistake it for something else..
    • View Profile
Effie's Writing Portfolio-Come and check it out!
« on: December 24, 2017, 05:18:18 AM »
This is the basics. If you want a nice, friendly introduction (I know I prefer them) here you are-
Spoiler
Hey! I'm EffulgentFirefly (or Effie, for short if you'd like) and I'm a Canadian teen with an affinity for writing and gaming. I've had a short story published by Polar Expressions Publishing in one of their student contest anthologies, and though it was a couple years back (and it's more than a little cringy), I'm willing to post it as an example if need be. I've just finished the first draft of my young adult/teen fiction novel, and am working on editing that as well as the sequel. Both my parents write (my father being a talented sci-fi/dystopian author in his spare time, and my mother's business revolving around her writing for others), so I guess it's just in my blood.

As for genres, I can write nearly anything other than mystery-it comes out cheesy when I try.  I prefer the ones I'm good at, those being slice of life, non-cheesy romances and obviously youth or teen fiction, as well as sci-fi and fantasy. I'd like to think I'm flexible with what age group I can write in, but I'm a young teen, I can only know so much. Even so, I always try my best.

I have a novel I've been working on for awhile, and though it's in its first draft phase, it's still a thing I wrote, so http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,18873.0.html

If you're interested or have any thoughts or questions, don't hesitate to comment or message me. I'm open to criticism and advice. And if you want to try and work with me, then don't be shy to ask!

~Effie~
(Pen)Name-Effie Azarra

Age-I'd prefer not say. I'm a teenager of the younger spectrum.

Previous works-I've had a couple short stories published, and I have two unedited novels. I've been writing since I can remember, though. Here's the only one posted on MR http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,18873.msg289982.html#msg289982 but if you want another example, I can find something, just ask.

Prefered genres-Almost anything that isn't comedy or mystery. I prefer to write with teens or characters no more than 10 years older than me for obvious reasons. My favourite is slice of life.

Availability-I try my very best to work well with people, but I'm as much a high schooler as any other person my age. I also have my own projects, so, unfortunately, a collaboration probably isn't the only thing I'm writing, but it does take priority over my own works.

~Notes-I'm flexible when it comes to what I'm writing, and though I might not be the most talented writer in the world, I like to think of myself as good at tweaking my plots or writing styles for the person I am writing with or for. If you're an artist who has an idea that you'd like to develop, then I don't mind helping you out. I'm also young, and my skills aren't near that of some people here, but I can only get better through practice.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 08:11:49 PM by EffulgentFirefly »

Offline The SlamJam

• Artist
  • Does the censor work here? *censored*, *censored*? Ok?
    • View Profile
Re: Effie's Writing Portfolio-Come and check it out!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 05:38:16 AM »
Welcome to the forum new writer! There is quite an active writing community here, so i'm sure you'll fit in!

Offline EffulgentFirefly

• Student writer with no other talents whatsoever
  • I'm shy. Plz don't mistake it for something else..
    • View Profile
Re: Effie's Writing Portfolio-Come and check it out!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 12:11:31 PM »
Thank you for the welcome! I certainly hope I will.