October 21, 2018, 01:44:47 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Are you an Optimist, Pessimist, Realist or perhaps something else?  (Read 393 times)

Offline YoUr EyEs

• Leader of the {CONTANT PAIN AT GROUND ZERO}?•?
  • We are deemed to fall, we are deemed to be happy~
    • View Profile

And is this widespread across your personality or does it only come up in certain situations?

For me personally I'm a bit ot both; I'm really optimistic/positive towards/about other people but a bit of a pessimist when it's about something of myself? It's annoying but also difficult to change unfortunately ;c

Offline Spooky Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • We're The Dream Warriors
    • View Profile
Re: Are you an Optimist, Pessimist, Realist or perhaps something else?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 02:46:37 PM »
Hard to say. I am very pessimistic about many things but in general I try to keep an optimistic view of life as being so negative will only make you miserable. I try to be reasonable and realistic as just being so positive will get you nowhere also, and I try to understand any situation and see if there is reason to be optimistic or not. As I said in the chit chat thread I am pessimistic about my city and it's future, but I prefer to try be optimistic in finding the good in here, and not complaining like everyone else does. But at the end of the day the situation still is what it is.

So being negative does no good, but sometimes it's the only way things look and I think it's better to be realistic then live in some fantasy land where everything is great and nothing is wrong of course. So, I don't really know what I am. In general I always try to be positive if there is a reason to be positive. I am in general pessimistic about others and always assume the worst. Like, I love people in general but I fully expect everyone to always let me down, so I never put faith in people, outside of some family, and always expect disappointment so I'll be happy otherwise.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 03:11:57 PM by Manimal Claus »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 03:54:51 PM »
Part optimist, part realist. I think it comes from studying a lot of history. I can always see how a situation can go bad in the immediate future, but also see how things move on the macro scale. It's nice to have that context. Even if you personally fail, the greater whole will progress. Sometimes you have to redefine what constitutes each group, but the over all impression remains the same.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 04:39:21 PM »
Existential nihilist. No reason to explain any further   :sure:

It pretty much is in my personality. I don’t care about much. I do various things without anything defining me. I accept consequences and risks without being bummed out.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 07:19:39 PM »
I want to be optimistic so I actively try to stay that way but I can't help but be incredibly cynical once in a while. Perhaps a sign of the times? I dunno. I'd mostly describe myself as optimistically pragmatic if that makes any sense. I naturally lean towards being pessimistic about things but whenever that happens I try to force myself to stay optimistic.

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 08:21:00 PM »
I used to be extremely pessimistic towards myself, but eventually I realized having unrealistic negatives expectations about life isn't good for my mental health, so I tried being more optimistic and overly happy about my life.

Then I realized that being overly happy about everything in my life even when it clearly sucks is very delusional and delusion, I felt, was also bad for my mental health.

So now I lean towards the side of the realist. I try not to over-analyze everything that occurs in my life and take everything as it is. However, I try to keep a nice blend of optimism into the mix every now and then.
Messatsu...