November 12, 2018, 09:56:56 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Music help  (Read 542 times)

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
Music help
« on: December 14, 2017, 03:23:21 AM »
How do you sing your original song without copying someone’s else’s rhythm or beat, whatever it’s called.

I feel like I’m singing a Weird Al song.

Online Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Good 'Ol Poika
    • View Profile
Re: Music help
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 09:13:07 AM »
That was something hard to get over when I first started writing songs. Everything was just to another melody and I couldn't break that block in my head. Still when I make music it's hard to come up with something completely original you know, you always have something rattling in your skull that pops up. Many times I've made something I like only to realize I've ripped something off. But really, to come up with an original tune you have to get a feel for this kind of thing, which I think takes some kind of instrumental ability or understanding of how melodies work in the first place.

Or just think really hard for the music that plays all around you...search your inner feelings and find the rhythm, in the streets, in the heats, in the van, the garbage can, the road or burning toad. Or something like that.