July 22, 2018, 06:07:55 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Buying a new drawing tablet  (Read 1192 times)

Online KeanFox

• View Profile
Re: Buying a new drawing tablet
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2018, 09:34:02 AM »

The tablet arrived a. Wacom Cintiq Pro 13 used. Shiping cost 218$ It took 4 days from new york to Saudi. My shipment is two boxes. Only one box arrived so far. luckily the tablet is in the box that made it here.

Adapters to make the Cintiq work on hdmi PC
You don't need all of them. Now I'm only using two of them.
Spoiler
StarTech.com HDMI2DP HDMI or DVI to DisplayPort Active Converter
StarTech.com HDMI to DisplayPort Converter - HDMI to DP Adapter with USB Power - 4K (using this)
StarTech.com 6 ft Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort 1.2 Adapter Cable M/M - DisplayPort 4k with HBR2 support - 6 feet Mini DP to DP Cable
StarTech.com DP2MDPMF6IN 6in DisplayPort to Mini DisplayPort Video Cable Adapter - M/F (using this)

Also got Pigma Micron

When I hooked it up it did not work right away. I was getting "device not connected"

But I got it to work 4 days later. It's a common problem with screen tablets.
Everyone's setup is different so it might not work for everyone.
First, try to know where is the problem. The tablet, the cables, the computer or the drivers.

My fix was to turn the tablet touch functions "on" manually. and stopping them from going "off" when I restart the computer.
Spoiler
And the latest drivers not working on my PC so I had to download the oldest drivers to make the tablet work.

Now it's working fine. My first impression of the tablet it's very small. But feel like a quality built.
Drawing on it was awkward for an hour but used to it. It's a huge upgrade from my old tablet. It was very frustrating drawing with that old tablet for the last year and a half. The jittery lines the glitches.

That tablet deserves a Viking funeral

Offline The SlamJam

• Artist
  • Does the censor work here? *censored*, *censored*? Ok?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2018, 10:58:29 AM »
Nice!

I actually had my intuos Pro die the other day, so i've ended up replacing it. I bought an iPad Pro (9.7") and an Apple Pencil instead. Fantastic device! Loving it so far.

Total cost for me was £315 for the tablet and £46.50 for the pencil (including shipping). Very pleased, there's literally no parallax!

Before the pencil came i was literally drawing with my fingers i was so impatient :'D

The software im using even autocreates timelapses of your drawings by default;

here's one i drew with my fingers before the styluse came;https://youtu.be/IYLutHQRa-8

I was initially worried about feeling cramped, but because the UI in procreate is minimal it feels fine.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 11:00:59 AM by The SlamJam »

Online KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2018, 02:54:54 PM »
Thats looks good.
I hear iPad have no parallax and no lag. Plus you can carry it around with you. The price is nice.

The small screen is not a problem so far

Offline TEA

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2018, 05:10:51 PM »
I might end up getting the Wacom Cintiq 27QHD but I don't know, I had an old Bamboo fun tablet and it felt very artificial. I'm hoping with a bigger, screen based tablet it will feel a bit better. I will mostly be using it for colour work I suppose. Or maybe I can spend all that money on copics instead ha!

Offline Aimyraude

• heya :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2018, 10:21:29 AM »
The 27qhd is good but i prefer the 22hd it may be smaller but for me its the same i didnt felt so much différence between the two tablet and it is more affordable