April 18, 2024, 06:55:39 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Do you easily cut ties with your friends/family?  (Read 4285 times)

Offline YoUr EyEs

• Leader of the {CONTANT PAIN AT GROUND ZERO}?•?
  • Magic is real and no one can tell me otherwise.
    • View Profile
Do you easily cut ties with your friends/family?
« on: December 07, 2017, 11:47:50 AM »
^

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
Re: Do you easily cut ties with your friends/family?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 11:53:28 AM »
I once completely cut ties with my sister at uni, we were very different people which wasn't helped by our parents being a bit... arbitary in trying to treat us fairly. There was no contact between me and her for two years, not even birthday cards.

Then when I came home and my sister started uni, she went through quite a bit of stress. I eventually helped her deal with it and now we're on alright terms again. She doesn't like to show her feelings though so she's always embarrased when I talk to her now  :santa:

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 11:54:52 AM »
Well family is family, so no. I love everyone in my family, it would take something very intense for me to want to "cut ties" with someone. The family, meaning all my relatives, is the most important to me. Even if I am not close to many.

But friends, stuff like that happens over time I find. There are people who stick around and those who just drift naturally. After grade school, middle school and high school anyone who is still left is a real friend I think. Everyone along the way just kind of, falls of out contact naturally where no one makes an effort to stay connected, it's just like well we're going to different schools now so bye. I had many great friends since kindergarten whom I just stopped talking to the last day of grade 6 because, well it just happens so whatever.

Friends are friends, they come and go. Good friends you hope don't go, even if it is maybe bound to happen naturally over time. I don't have intense friendships where I am SOOO CLOSE to someone, my friends are sometimes distant, but they are still people I care about ultimately. But family is forever. Like it or not...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:04:02 PM by Manimal Claus »

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 01:59:35 PM »
If I don’t see someone for 2 weeks, they are dead to me. I was there at the beginning of MySpace (haha old) and Facebook. I thought it was a fad. Now I’m too embarresed to start. So everyone I knew, Is dead to me.

Family? I have no family. Except my bro. I already told everyone I hate them but they still talk to me when they come over. Plus, my mom is a troll on Facebook. She loves starting fights with her sisters. It’s funny because they always say, just lkill yourself b- word.

I haven’t even seen my dad in 15 years. It’s not that I hate him. I just don’t want to see him because he lives too far. And I don’t want to drive the 4 hours to get there and the 4 hours to get back.
But don’t mistake this for being mean. I’m really a nice person.

Offline renko9thao

• Ordinary Traveler Passing Through Worlds
  • I'm just passing through, don't mind me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 10:44:26 AM »
For me personally, it's hard for me to cut ties from someone. Family, it's hard to do that. That's important to me. Like, I have some troublesome brothers, but I still love them as their older brother despite scolding them for making poor decisions.

Friends though, like the comment above, some come and go. But the closest friends are the special ones. Those guys are the ones you can be comfortable around, banter at each other like crazy, or even be your emotional support. They're like an additional family member to you because of the bonds and connection forged over the time, and that's difficult to cut ties with. But, it certainly does hurt if the bond gets thrown away out of the window.

I remember having a toxic friend who I thought I had a close bond with, but it was obvious I just had to cut all ties with him because he wasn't the person I knew back in grade school. The dude cared only himself, self-proclaimed messiah, and manipulative. The guy refused to get help and thought he was his own medicine. There's more to the story, but it's all in the past. I was just done with dealing with him.

In conclusion: Family = no. Friends = maybe.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 10:50:35 AM by renko9thao »

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 03:43:16 PM »
Yes. If someone isn't worth your time, they're not worth your time.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2020, 04:39:11 PM »
The nuke button is ready but people have actively got to push at it to be a problem. I prefer harmony, or even just simple distance over time than actually putting down a hard wall. Easier to do in this beautiful digital day and age haha.

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2021, 06:47:01 AM »
I'm only close with some people in my family. Also I tend to be closer to my dad's side of the family these days. It kind of upsets my mom that I'm closer to my dad's side than her side. It's just I tend to take more after my dad's side of the family since it's his side of the family that's more creative and artistic than my mom's side. That isn't to say my mom's side isn't artistic just not as much as my dad's side. My dad even says he can remember being a teenager and his family getting together to play music. Apparently my dad's side of the family is very musical. Even have an old photo of my great great grandfather on my dad's side playing music with his brothers. Unfortunately most of my family even my dad's side is in another state. Still I wouldn't mind it if my dad's side was to have a family reunion.