March 28, 2024, 04:50:28 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: A Mangaraiders App  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
A Mangaraiders App
« on: December 05, 2017, 05:27:47 PM »
I'm pretty sure this has been discussed lightly on another discussion board somewhere, and I'm one hundred percent sure that someone had a thought like this bubbling in their heads for awhile now. But I figured a discussion board concerning this topic would be a great one to have.

With that said, this is purely is a topic for throwing out ideas. I'm not very tech savvy, and I absolutely have zero idea on how to create a mobile app, so I wouldn't spearhead a project like this. But hypothetically speaking, if a mangaraiders app was in the works, what would you guys like to see from it? What features would you include? What kind of layout and UI would appeal to you visually?

Also, if this is already a thing, please let me know. Lord knows how out of touch I've been with this place lately.
Messatsu...

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: A Mangaraiders App
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 11:17:30 PM »
It's not a thing. Although I wouldn't know what it would be. We are a forum after all. I'm not sure how appified we can get.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Online Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 11:21:18 AM »
i think i would like to see stuff like galleries and writing threads more organised into sections, a bit more "gallery" style than post,post,post. so you can view all a users art etc, and comment on an individual piece rather than searching through posts and commenting on bunches. i mean that makes it significantly different from a forum (and oddly similar to deviant art), as coryn rightly noted, thats what we actually are.

notifications would be fantastic for messages and replies, new threads etc.

to be honest its been in my head for a while. ive been getting into app coding more recency, but have wanted to make this for ages.

UI wise, i would expect it to be similar to the website itself with the sections etc, but easier to read definitely. plus the idea in my first paragraph.

to be honest, a mobile skin or .css would be much more achievable. some extensions etc allow you to do it personally anyway, like forcing text to be a certain size or colour. ive never done it personally but i know its around.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 06:17:29 PM »
I thought of this idea as a means of convenience. A easier way to access the forum. However, I didn't think that an app would make the forum less of a forum. Wasn't aware of that possibility, and in that case, would make this idea more than unnecessary.

Still, maybe we can appify the forum in some way. Something along the lines of what suuper was thinking. Alerts would be cool, as it would potentially allow more exposure of a raider's work. Again, I wouldn't know to tackle this, but if we can maintain the core identity of the forum while transforming it into a efficient and easy to use app, we can have something special going for us.

But hey, a raider can dream, right? 
Messatsu...

Online Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 08:01:41 AM »
well i occasionally dabble in the app/coding arts, so if i knock up something i'll definitely post it here for you guys to beta :P
and its great to discuss suggestions, you never know what ideas will work or not unless you mention them :)
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 09:54:50 AM »
It would definitely be nice to have a more mobile friendly version of the forum, but I have no idea how to implement it.

I might talk to hasith, if anyone is serious about the coding. He knows more about how the forum is built than anyone after all. And I assume that would be a prerequisite for app creation?

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF