December 12, 2017, 06:57:26 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Hello Everyone?  (Read 51 times)

Offline BTitor

• All around artist
    • View Profile
Hello Everyone?
« on: December 02, 2017, 10:52:54 PM »
Hello manga readers/writers/artist.

My name is Johnlou but my friends call me JLou
I am an all around artist for 4 years but I specialize in painting and drawing anime/game characters in colored pencils.

Im a male 16yo student/artist and i've been writing stories and improving it since last year and I want my story to be a manga. I joined this forum because i want to learn from other artist and writers.
I want to know other artists and writers so that i can improve more and learn and if there's another artist that just started i can help and share what i have learned from other people.

When it comes reading manga, I only read one puch man, mob psycho and bleach, but when watching anime, i prefer watching older animes (2000-2010) like mushishi, and samurai champloo.

I may not be too much active because i have limited internet and it is ok if im the artist of my own story? Thanks ?😆
"life is an art, art is life"

- ": )"

Offline Fortis Scriptor

• Senior bucket bearer on the sinking ship of writing.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Everyone?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 11:05:56 PM »
Welcome to MR JLou, I'm Fortis, a writer here it's good to meetcha.  :thumbsup:

It's not too often we get new artists around here, they're a rare breed so I certainly look forward to seeing your work.

As far as your questions, it's perfectly fine if you're not that active, I don't post often myself. On the being the artist of your own story, I also see no reason for that to be not okay. I mean being both writer and artist I imagine will be a lot more work on you in some ways, but it also means you have complete control of what you put to the page. In general I'd say there's positives and negatives.  ;D

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 12:05:38 AM »
Welcome to Mangaraiders! Remember, it's not how active you are, it's how well you contribute to the community when you are.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline BTitor

• All around artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 03:59:59 AM »
Thanks for your welcome nice to meet you too. Im actually going to start my first Manga but im still reading all tutorials and tips on writing and drawing and you're right about having a lot of work to do if im the artist of my own story. To be honest i don't know how and when to start because i'm still imrpoving the story while Thinking of what the characters would look. 
"life is an art, art is life"

- ": )"