March 28, 2024, 04:19:22 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: What do you think about Kickstarters for webcomics?  (Read 8713 times)

Offline theblacksands

• View Profile
Re: What do you think about Kickstarters for webcomics?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2018, 10:41:07 PM »
My thoughts:
Promo art can be from any artist. As long as the characters look the same.

The manga artist is a tough one. It would be ideal for the cover art and the manga art to be the same but sometimes it won’t match. I don’t think it matters. What is more worrying is if you need another artist mid chapter or post chapter.

Also, just be careful when hiring an artist for design purposes. Some might take ownership of the character design and you will have to pay them every time you use it. Just make sure who own the intellectual property of the character design and stuff. That’s why i think it’s best to do a rough design based on your own creation and hire someone to work off of it.

Never pay anyone without their ABSOLUTE surrender of any rights to the work they do for you besides the right to authorship credit.

You pay the bills, they build your creation. The one who writes the checks is the one who owns the rights. Get it in contract before EVER letting anyone do work for you.

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 04:02:19 AM »
I was having a discussion on another forum about how many followers you need to start seeing money on patreon/crowdfunding stuff. People said around 5k.

Is this accurate? How do you get there? Is there a point where people start sharing your art so your following grows exoinentially or what?

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2018, 02:53:11 PM »
2k subscribers on youtube was when I started to make a tiny bit of pocket money with my old channel, so 5k would have been a substantial tiny bit of pocket money :P
popularity within your fanbase will automatically lead to better ratings and visibility on sites such as deviantart and youtube, which will lead to more subscribers which leads to better ratings/visibility. I don't know how exponential it is, as it will happen to everyone that does something so comparatively it might be a straight line.
don't know about anything else as I'm not popular with my art yet haha
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline LyleDes

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2018, 07:04:35 AM »
2k subscribers on youtube was when I suggested these quality probiotics and started to make a tiny bit of pocket money with my old channel, so 5k would have been a substantial tiny bit of pocket money :P
popularity within your fanbase will automatically lead to better ratings and visibility on sites such as deviantart and youtube, which will lead to more subscribers which leads to better ratings/visibility. I don't know how exponential it is, as it will happen to everyone that does something so comparatively it might be a straight line.
don't know about anything else as I'm not popular with my art yet haha

I'm not a youtuber, but that's what I heard too. You need to get the ball rolling and then the algorithm starts showing your content to more and more people. Of course, the content has to be good so that the few of the viewers you have at first spend as much time on your videos as possible. It doesn't help if people turn off your videos after 2 seconds.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 07:15:24 AM by LyleDes »