August 20, 2018, 12:40:15 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Your worst anime openings  (Read 665 times)

Offline Canislupus54

• View Profile
Your worst anime openings
« on: November 27, 2017, 06:09:17 PM »
I'm not going to say top five or anything because I can't name any, but what are some openings you just don't like?

The opening to Hundred. It's so bad and the animation is so lazy. That could describe the whole show, actually.

WARNING, CONTROVERSIAL CHOICES INCOMING

Resonance, Soul Eater

Blue Exorcist's first opening

All of Fairy Tail's openings except Snow Fairy, aka the first one.

Bleach's first opening

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: Your worst anime openings
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 06:20:49 PM »
Man, I loved Resonance and Asterisk. Awh.

There are definitely some openings that I don't have the taste for, but I don't have any particular order to them.

>"Love Destiny" from Sister Princess but dear gods it will get shoved in your skull and stuck there for ages...so friggin annoying--but when it comes on don't you dare think I won't loudly off-key sing along like a drunk.
>Whatever the hell the second Code Geass OP was...Maybe it's just because it had to follow one of the greatest OPs of all time, but eugh.
>The Gungrave OP. The show was so great, and I adore the ED "Akane iro-ga Moeru Toki". I dunno. I get what it's trying to do, but I just can't feel it in the vibe of the show as much.
>Soul Eater's "Papermoon". I just really couldn't get into it. It felt fake and didn't jive with the show IMO.

Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head because usually if I don't like an OP, I'll just skip it and forget it exists.

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Good Ol' Poika
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 06:21:45 PM »
That's hard, I don't remember the bad ones. You just forget them over time. Looking at my anime list I find more plain boring ones then straight bad.

D-Frag's OP Stalemate was awful. Didn't like the first OP of Assassination Classroom. A lot of the gimmick seiyuu ones like Gab DropOut or Umaru can be bad. Like they are poor super sugar songs. I like the style sometimes, but other times it's the same kind of thing. Sometimes with twists and creative turns in the song, but awful vocals. Some seiyuus are plain terrible at singing. But not all, Yoko Hikasa has a real rock voice. Others push too hard in singing and sound so bad.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 06:24:41 PM by Manimal Claus »

Offline Canislupus54

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 06:25:18 PM »
Man, I loved Resonance and Asterisk. Awh.

There are definitely some openings that I don't have the taste for, but I don't have any particular order to them.

>"Love Destiny" from Sister Princess but dear gods it will get shoved in your skull and stuck there for ages...so friggin annoying--but when it comes on don't you dare think I won't loudly off-key sing along like a drunk.
>Whatever the hell the second Code Geass OP was...Maybe it's just because it had to follow one of the greatest OPs of all time, but eugh.
>The Gungrave OP. The show was so great, and I adore the ED "Akane iro-ga Moeru Toki". I dunno. I get what it's trying to do, but I just can't feel it in the vibe of the show as much.
>Soul Eater's "Papermoon". I just really couldn't get into it. It felt fake and didn't jive with the show IMO.

Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head because usually if I don't like an OP, I'll just skip it and forget it exists.

Yeah, I'm not a musician or anything so I can't say why I disliked them, they just didn't sound good to me. Except Hundred's opening. The voice actor's just can't sing, half the animation is just clips from the show, and the other half isn't very good either.

I love Papermoon, especially when it plays over Mifune and Black*Star's second fight.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 06:27:15 PM »
I tend to be the type that vastly prefers the first OP over the second, I guess. I have no real explanation for this trend.

Offline Vacant

• MR's official no.1 present wrapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 08:28:00 PM »
In no particular order.....

-Bamboo Blade: It wasn't great. Really wasn't a fan of the music, nor the visual side of the intro. Skipped it every time.

-Naruto Shippuden 5th op: Sha la la off will you pal!? Maybe its because it was sandwiched between two really good Op's but I wasnt keen on this one. Not punchy enough and not enough energy in it. Was just a generic opening.

-Lucky Star: I know its iconic...but i'm not a fan. Pales in comparison to the Haruhi Op/endings.

-Railgun Op 1: Too clubby and I didnt feel it fit the show. Wasnt a great song.

-Attack on Titan Season 2 Op: I think I disliked this one a lot more because of how much I loved the first two, but yeah not great for me. Also what the hell is with a T-rex and giant whale featuring in it?

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 04:46:23 AM »
Someone beat me to attack on Titan  :hmm: I’ll go with the English version of the One Piece opening, it’s one of the rare anime that I always skip the opening  :thumbsdown:

Offline suupertramp

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 03:21:37 PM »
i must say i actually liked resonance from soul eater, but even now when i am almost fluent japanese i cant understand a word of that opening :P

kill me baby comes to mind, and i agree with lucky star too. i dont understand that one either :P
a bunch of bleach, naruto and onepice but i have no idea which ones they were :P

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 05:28:31 PM »
Parasyte’s absolutely abysmal, auto-tune, screamo thrash OP