December 12, 2017, 06:57:57 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Yo  (Read 65 times)

Offline WTD

• View Profile
Yo
« on: November 21, 2017, 10:26:16 AM »
Hey, hows it going!

Read somewhere that this forum has been around for 8-ish years! Where in the world was I??  :ohmy:

My name is Will or WTD, I'm very strong on the Art side but very weak on the writing side. I am looking for a Manga making community (of course) and I'm hoping this will be a good place. I am Interested in Shounen style manga and in the very early pre-alpha stages of my own Manga... Some general ideas for the story, a few characters and that's all  ;D. The goal here is to get help in Writing, Manga Questions, and in return helping those in Art to give back to the community.

I look forward to meeting you all!

- Will (WTD)

[ I've been skimming around and noticed that the posts are slowing down but I'm guessing most are doing this as a hobby and the passion died off due to real life stuff. Anyone an oldie here that can link some posts where people here are serious about their Manga work? released a couple of chapters maybe? Thank you! ]

Offline Fortis Scriptor

• Senior bucket bearer on the sinking ship of writing.
    • View Profile
Re: Yo
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 11:05:33 AM »
Welcome to MR Will, I'm Fortis a writer here on the forum. If you're looking for a writer who's serious about their story look no further than OhGodHelpMe or OGHM for short's story Death by Ex Girlfriend which is a top of the line harem/romantic dramady/supernatural/a couple other genres, series which honest to Christ I want turned into a manga and anime. I could go on for days about how great it is.

Yeah posts have slowed a little bit but that's just because of the season. During the holidays and summer things speed up again.

Always good to have a new artist on here, I look forward to seeing your works and I hope you have an awesome day.  :thumbsup:

PS if you ever want help with world/lore building shoot me a message any time, it's one of my greatest passions in writing.

Offline YoUr EyEs

• Leader of the {CONTANT PAIN AT GROUND ZERO}?•?
  • ?Heart Shaker?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 11:22:46 AM »
Welcome to MangaRaiders~

I can help you with gathering ideas, I am pretty skilled at that~

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 11:43:20 AM »
Welcome to mangaraiders! We've actually been here for 10 years, and as said above, activity rises and falls in predictable patterns. Usually to do with the school year and holidays. It's nothing to be worried about. We wouldn't have celebrated a decade of we didn't have staying power.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 01:08:53 PM »
Heyo, welcome to MR. Artists like us are minority here so you're probably going to get a few people asking for help if you stick around (My advice there is to not rush into things.)

People who are serious... (In no particular order.)

First... Myself! (Joking, joking... sorta...) I'm busy with university currently, but I have several stories I work on in my spare time with no intention of dropping. I write and draw though both skills need polished.

Second, Operative13 is a guy who can crank out some long detailed chapters at a fast pace. If you like war stories, he's your go-to writer.

Third was already mentioned by Fortis Scriptor, it's OhGodHelpMe.

Fourth, EchoRiver, she writes a lot though I don't think she's decided what format she wants to work with. (comic, novel, visual novel, etc). She is also a great artist.

Fifth, K-Seki is drawing a webcomic I believe, though I'm not sure where it's available.

Sixth, Jackhammer. If you like more mature fantasy stuff, he's got a story that he updates as he's able.

Lastly is, Whitecrow. He's currently busy with his job so he doesn't log on much anymore, but his work on his comic, Society X, with his team is going steady. He's also the lead writer of the MR project. If you want a long collaborative crossover project to read and see what everyone's writing style and stories are like in one place there's your best bet.

There are a few other people to check out as well so you're going to have to do some searching.
  ;)

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 01:29:21 PM »
welcome to MR!
there are a range of writers and artists who just dabble in their trade, to having it as a regular hobby, to doing it as partial or full employment. if you stick around long enough you'll see for yourself who is serious or passionate etc.
and yeah not many people are active all the time, but its gets busier and not busier depending on the season :P
I've done a couple of low quality chapters of different stories but i spend most of my time sketching to improve my level :P
looking forward to seeing your own art!