March 19, 2018, 04:31:29 AM

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: R.I.P. Malcolm Young  (Read 134 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
R.I.P. Malcolm Young
« on: November 18, 2017, 12:11:29 PM »

Though he might not rank too high on every "best guitarists" list, there is no doubt he is #1 on mine. His style was more bare bones then bare bones, while Angus was the show and spark of Ac/Dc, Malcolm was the very foundation. His heavy handed and simple approach defines the very genre of "hard" rock. There was no nonsense to his playing in any regard, just a loud amp and a wrecking ball wrist. Everything about Ac/Dc, the entire vision and mission statement of the band was Malcolm's.

Malcolm is the guitarist that I learnt to play from, and the reason I have broken so many strings from just playing open chords. It was playing along to Ac/Dc songs like Shoot To Thrill, Walk All Over You, If You Want Blood, Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be, Shot Down In Flames, Gone Shootin' etc. that I learnt to play. I never touched Angus' parts, opting to miss the fills in Back In Black and enter half way into verse 1 of You Shook Me All Night Long because I simply wanted to be a powerful rhythm guitarist like Malcolm.

While I like to think I'm a little more then that now (gotta step up if yer a one man band) Malcolm was a vital influence for me, and his rhythm playing was never underrated. The answer of my favorite guitarist is a simple one. Below is a video of my favorite Malcolm moment, after Angus' noodling the bastard slams in at 0:46, mighty as ever. Chester's was the first celebrity death that effected me, and Malcolm's was the first of my rock n' roll heroes to fade. Rock on brilliant bastard.

Other great Malcolm rhythm moments