December 12, 2017, 06:55:31 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Favourite Anime Style?  (Read 148 times)

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
Favourite Anime Style?
« on: November 16, 2017, 01:58:39 PM »
This probably has been posted before, but hey why not revive it if that’s the case?  :ninja:

I’m quite a fan of anime done in the 90s, especially in the style of Cowboy Bebop or LOTGH. For me it makes an anime feel more serious and the characters look a lot older  :hmm:

What do you fellas think? What are your favourites?

Offline Manimal Claus

• God of Yule & Fruitcakes To
  • We All Love Santa Christ
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite Anime Style?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 02:18:07 PM »
K-ON for sure, everything about the art stuff is divine. It has supreme direction with a great focus on small details, and a vivid setting. The characters are anime like but also have their little touches of "realism" which is not as often seen in slice of life shows of the kind. Though moe, K-ON transcends everything else in it's medium but way of Kyoto Animation's brilliant touch. Every element of design, from the music videos, to the instrument choice. It's such a nice show to look at, everything is so squishy and cute but also so well designed. I can go on for decades about why K-ON is so great, but the style is one big part of it. The look is perfection much like the show and movie.

Second is Tamako Love Story. Also with Kyoto Ani's magic touch, it's another wonderful looking show with very cute characters, but also fantastic direction and setting. Again the world is so vibrant and the art so wonderful. Tamako has a simply design but she's so memorable with her twin tails and neck mole.

Offline YoUr EyEs

• Leader of the {CONTANT PAIN AT GROUND ZERO}?•?
  • ?Heart Shaker?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 02:47:00 PM »

Hellsing and Drifters had caught my attention by their remarkable graphics, but story wise, I loved Air, Clannad and Blade of the Immortal, I think that all these stories were really catchy. I am sure that I am forgetting some of the animes that I liked but, these were my favorites~

I love gory stuffs and dramas mostly~

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 12:40:15 AM »
prison school!!!!

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 04:31:42 AM »
Forget all my previous text, Danganronpa has stolen my heart  :heart: How do I even describe this style? It’s just fantastic and colourful!

Edit: Changed the picture again! It seems my computer isn't handling this image posting well  :hmm:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 01:40:37 PM by GreenBeverage »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 12:26:29 PM »
I prefer a little bit of semi-realism in my anime art. You'll find GITS:SAC and Ergo Proxy and similar styled shows in my favorites list all the time. I think mostly it's because anime that makes everyone look like a kid starts to freak me out after too long. On one or two characters, it's fine, but on the whole...and I think it might be a variety thing, too. In shows with more semi-realistic art, you see a lot more variety in facial features and body types. GITS alone is a great example of this.

@GreenBeverage: yeah the Danganronpa style is interesting, but that particular picture is so low-res i think it might be 144p. I appreciate what the style does, but I think a better picture could encapsulate it more...clearly.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 12:40:05 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Double M  :ohmy:

Not that I'm an expert on art style but would realistic art style come from the more mature genres such as seinen and josei?  :hmm:

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 01:07:02 PM »
You are correct (for the most part, anyway). I believe GITS and Ergo Proxy are considered seinen, although I haven't exactly looked up to see if they were written in Kanji or with Furigana, or if that's even still the main determiner of what is "seinen".

Also, the replacement image is still very pixelated.
Edit: It looks like, based on me looking at your formatting through the quote function, that you have IMG height and width parameters. These are probably trying to expand an image that isn't supposed to be expanded, and thus causing the pixelation.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 01:44:55 PM by MahluaandMilk »
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 02:27:51 PM »
Fun fact about Danganronpa's art style, the artist is Rui Komatsuzaki and Danganronpa was his first major art illustration project. He was mostly a sculptor prior to doing the character design for Danganronpa and the team at Spike Chunsoft that was behind developing Danganronpa picked Komatsuzaki-san deliberately because he wasn't a professional illustrator at the time. They said that his status as an amateur anime artist gave him a fresh outlook on the anime art style and scene, which they believe is largely what contributed to Danganronpa's unique look.

The devs also described the art style as "Psycho pop art", take from that what you will lmao

https://lparchive.org/Dangan-Ronpa/Update%20145/ -source
actual quote:
"- I see. So you decided on themes and setting, and based on those Komatsuzaki-san designed the characters. Was that the flow?
Kodaka: Yes. Komatsuzaki was trained as a sculptur, and this was his first time designing characters. I think his drawings have a different feel from those of someone who was trained in anime-style design. They certainly caught my attention. Since we were trying to make something fresh, I think his inexperience was a positive thing."

Offline GreenTrap

• Ronpa Ronpa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2017, 10:56:57 AM »
Sometimes having a different angle just works wonders  :thumbsup: Like how Freddie Mercury did plenty of opera before becoming a big hit singer.

Psycho pop art though... I'll be using that a lot more often now  :ninja:

Offline eukocar

• its not perverted its art!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 11:58:27 AM »
Moe :thumbsup:. Stuff like girls und panzer. But I should mention jojo fist of the north star.