August 17, 2018, 06:33:51 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: How shuld I deal with this?  (Read 407 times)

Offline YoUr EyEs

• Leader of the {CONTANT PAIN AT GROUND ZERO}?•?
  • We are deemed to fall, we are deemed to be happy~
    • View Profile
How shuld I deal with this?
« on: November 15, 2017, 02:17:23 PM »

There is this guy friend of mine that keep annoying me.
At first, it was meant to only be about working together with some friends but, since then, he keep being a complete nuisance and think that I have something for him...

Yesterday tho, he tried to ask me out which I turned down but, it just made things worst, he keeps on sending me gross text messages about himself, if this continues.

I hate everything about him, he is the most repulsive human scum that I ever seen. (I know this is harsh but, it is true.)

How should I deal with that?

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
Re: How shuld I deal with this?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 04:26:52 PM »
Eeh. This is a potential dangerous situation. This might require the use of your friends as back up and safety.

First you have to tell him nothing will happen between you two. Make it clear but do not make it offensive because that will hurt him. If you hurt someone with boundary issues, you can imagine what could happen.

Once you do that, stay around friends to back you up. Then if stuff still happens, threaten to call the cops. This goes with any age, but if you guys are adults, he shouldn’t be acting like this and this situation should be treated like sexual harassment.

Offline YoUr EyEs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 10:34:28 AM »
Eeh. This is a potential dangerous situation. This might require the use of your friends as back up and safety.

First you have to tell him nothing will happen between you two. Make it clear but do not make it offensive because that will hurt him. If you hurt someone with boundary issues, you can imagine what could happen.

Once you do that, stay around friends to back you up. Then if stuff still happens, threaten to call the cops. This goes with any age, but if you guys are adults, he shouldn’t be acting like this and this situation should be treated like sexual harassment.

Yes, it is kinda way out of hand and I consider going to the police...

Online Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 11:11:18 PM »
Better to be safe than sorry on that account. And even if you don't escalate it to the police,make sure as many people as possible know what the guy is up to. The more people surrounding you, the better.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline araithiel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 01:16:52 PM »
So first, yeah, any case where a guy appears to be really pushing, you should make the police aware. They're often very *censored*ty about domestic stuff with guys who aren't even a boyfriend (they're then almost as bad when they are so...), but I will cross fingers you speak with police who really care deeply.

Otherwise, this does sound like a guy who is into you and is generally being a typical dick guy about it (sorry about us).

My number one bit of advice is to reject them as clearly and concisely as possible. Like "I'm sorry but I am not interested in you" is really clear and shuts them down. Anything less than that guys will warp in their own minds into a sort of "she'll like me someday" situation, which in turn causes the constant messages. My best advice is to just say sorry not into you, and block them out and never respond to anything again. You owe them nothing anymore and made things clear.

Guys do this a lot and then kind of fade as their interest shifts, and then they'll message you once in awhile to see if there's a chance yet. There's a lot of terrible things guys do.
@nick on Wattpad

Offline YoUr EyEs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 10:58:36 AM »
@Coryn, I have talked to some of my friends about it and they confirmed to me that it isn't the first time that he does this kind of things, they also recommand me to just keep on ignoring him and he will just go away...
I am mostly interested in calling the cops and make him regret doing what he is doing.

@Araithiel, The only problem being that I already rejected him more than 5 times at least but, it is as if I am speaking to a wall...

Online Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 01:11:13 PM »
Well remember the cops can't do much unless he actually commits a crime, and then only if you have some proof. If you suspect he might, be ready to have something to back your side up. It's not nice sounding, but that's how these things go.

Offline YoUr EyEs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 01:36:19 PM »
Well remember the cops can't do much unless he actually commits a crime, and then only if you have some proof. If you suspect he might, be ready to have something to back your side up. It's not nice sounding, but that's how these things go.

I have the text message that he had sent me, how did he have my number? It was because of some work that we had to do at school, I could show you a couple of them but, they are so not appropriate to post that kind of things.

Online Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 11:41:14 PM »
That's fine, there's no need for that. I just want you to be cautious and safe.

Offline araithiel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 12:03:52 AM »
Once you've rejected someone, time to block and move on and try your best to avoid him at school
@nick on Wattpad