November 17, 2017, 09:48:20 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: I need some opinions  (Read 99 times)

Offline Phaseshifter

• View Profile
I need some opinions
« on: November 01, 2017, 03:45:49 AM »
As you some you know I'm currently writing an original manga, and I plan to start posting this soon on MangaRaiders. However I'm having a bit of an issue with my story seeing that two of my genres is military and mecha, I'm having a hard time in how I should approach my story's take on mecha.

My plan at the moment is to make the mecha aspect of my story very different to your usual mecha. What I mean by that is that instead of your usual big robot mecha, the suits in my story are humanoid in design and size, but it's not like musume mecha girls. Best way I can explain it is Halo armour meets Gundam mecha style.

The reason I don't call this musume mecha is because the suits in my story still need pilots, they don't transform into their suits. Plus the design is very different because the suits in my story don't show off huge areas of skin as do musume mecha. If anything the suits I have in mind are form fitting show it shows off the goods off my female characters posterior and breasts.

The suits in my story at the moment approaches a similar idea that Gundam does which is regular maintenance of the suits and mid battle resupplies and repairs and so on.

I suppose the biggest question I'm asking her is whether you as a reader would be interested in picking a manga/light novel like this up in a store, and reading it?

Thanks in advance for your comments!

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
Re: I need some opinions
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 04:06:23 AM »
I get what you going for. Whether I'll pick it up or not that depends on the story and art. 
Is it a serious story like Halo or something like kill la kill?

Offline Phaseshifter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 04:41:13 AM »
It's a serious story with moments of both comedic and ecchi scenes to relieve the tension but, not too much. As for the ecchi it's nothing like Highschool DxD, High School of the Dead and so on. To be honest most of the ecchi scenes are either in relationships between characters or interactions between friends specifically the girls in my story.

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 05:07:26 AM »
Generally its not the genre that catches my interest, its the story, but i agree the art is probably what hooks me.
the mecha you described is fine, and is probably the most realistic type of mecha since it already exists in various forms.

Offline Phaseshifter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 05:31:20 AM »
That's one of the tings I was going for in my story, more realistic mecha. Another I'll have to contend with in my story is the space combat.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 09:27:09 PM »
I'm no Gundam fan in terms of 'if it's Gundam then I like it', but Gundam 00 does give me hopes for good storylines...

Still, I have to admit I'm not sure what you mean by Halo meets Gundam... Like, he transforms? Or is it as clunky and heavy and realistic as a full mecha suit but with the typical Spartan shield tech?

Also, never forget that the characters are the most important.