November 23, 2017, 04:35:18 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Tips for writing format?  (Read 154 times)

Offline LeakyNoob

• View Profile
Tips for writing format?
« on: October 21, 2017, 04:45:17 PM »
Hey guys, new around here and I've got a question. What format would be the best way to write if you're writing for an artist? Would they prefer to have a script format or just a regular novel format work fine?

Offline LeakyNoob

• View Profile
Re: Tips for writing format?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 04:46:54 PM »
I forgot to add, how do you do the spoilers thing in a post?

Offline Fortis Scriptor

• Senior bucket bearer on the sinking ship of writing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 06:54:12 PM »
Well, if you're hoping to work with an artist, then script format would probably be the easiest to translate. If you don't have any form of the story written out yet though, then I'd suggest seeing how you prefer to write the story and do it that way. Truth is finding an artist is rather difficult (especially if you can't pay them) and your chances are even lower if you don't have a finished story, so get it down first.

Also when you want to use the spoilers, you click on the Sp button on the toolbar up above.
It will look like this except there won't be spaces with the brackets, anything in between the two middle brackets will be in the spoiler like you see below.
[ spoiler ] Your waifu is love [ /spoiler ]

Spoiler
Your waifu is trash  :tongue:

Anyways I hope all that helps, and I wish you luck on your writing  :thumbsup:

Offline MadOxMalachi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 08:36:46 PM »
I value communication above many things, so it's from this perspective I find your question weird. You're asking your question to people you are not working with. Your question is best reserved for and asked to each individual artist you have the pleasure to work with and are pleased to work with you.

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 10:56:52 PM »
I think a script would be best for an artist to pick up and see if they want to work on a project. However, you might need to transfer your script into a panel script where the artist can draw what you think goes in each panel. Unless they can break it down themselves.

I think it’s more work on their part if you give them a book. Unless they like reading prose.

Offline LeakyNoob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 10:59:43 PM »
Thanks guys, I think I might just start with a the standard novel format. Another question though, I'm thinking my story might be more for a mature audience. I remember the rules saying something along the lines of keeping it PG-13 but mine might be more rated R. Obviously I won't be writing an erotica or anything but it's just gonna be more seinen than shonen. I'm just wondering if that's gonna be ok and how much of the cursing should I filter?

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 11:50:52 PM »
curse words are blocked here. Unless you post an image of a page.

Remember, the west's tolerance for mature content is way lower than the east. I always go by japanese standards.

i think as long as you put a trigger warning everything should be okay.