November 23, 2017, 04:29:31 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Where Do You Want To Visit?  (Read 112 times)

Offline Manimal

• God of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
Where Do You Want To Visit?
« on: October 18, 2017, 08:45:39 AM »
I've never cared about the world too much until a few months ago, and now I care a lot more and wish I could go places. But I've only ever been to 1 other province and 2 states, sort of. Don't really count Wisconsin, I've not been in the heart of it. Never even been on a plane...So I like to think now. Where would ya'll like to visit?

For me #1 above anywhere else in the world is Finland. I want to see the towns where my grandparents where born and see as much as possible in a country that is perhaps not too exciting but I wish to feel more connected to. I only recently learned how truly great the country and it's history is. Finland is also the only place besides Canada where I have relatives. I would have to cross into Russia to see my grandma's homeland, since they stole Karelia. My grandpa was born in this cool beach town. Finland in Christmas time would be amazing, Joulupukki! One of the only Finn words I know.

Then Italy for the other half of my family origins. I'm sure there is a lot more to see and eat there. But Italy is you know, Italy. Finland is more appealing to me, but if I see one I gotta see the other. I'm very curious about Russia, I'd like to see Volgograd with that monster statue the Motherland Calls. I never hear about anyone going to Russia...it looks like a hard place to visit but a nice land. Poland would be next on my list, see Warsaw. Poland and Polish people are cool. New Zealand would be nice, looks like a wonderful place and a lot nicer then the land beside it. I mean we all love Australians but the country...

You know the weeb in me kicks in, but I'd be too embarrassed in Japan. You know The Manimal would blow all his money on Love Live stuff, but it'd be nice to be invisible and see some major cities. I feel it'd be unenjoyable to be a tourist there. Mongolia would be alright. Add Cuba, one to spite Americans since they can't go, and two for more curiosity. I want to see the Castro monuments, as well as the cow statue, weird John Lennon park, the Bay of Pigs and so on. Screw the beaches, I don't care about beaches. I want to see the heart of all these lands.

I'd like to see way more of Canada (just not Quebec). I feel like Ontario is a beautiful looking dump & Manitoba is flat and boring, so perhaps over at Newfoundland, PEI, Alberta, BC and stuff, maybe it's nicer. Yellowknife see those northern lights, Iqaluit for the Canadian experience that the rest of the world thinks we all live in. Yukon to see if they're alive over there. and you know. Unlike everything else here, this is actually possible one day. No ridiculous airfare, just long ass drives. Life goal : try Tims in every province!

Add Greece for Anthens. The Netherlands! Dutch are cool, good chips those Old Dutch, and the windmills and wooden shoes. Denmark for true Lego land. Norway is also cool, I'd go there. I would say Spain but haha. No. Not in today's state. I might say the UK but haha. No. Not in today's state. Well maybe Scotland would be okay. That's my over long post, I listed a lot, Finland is the only real life goal, everything else is nice thought...how bout ya'll.

(Less reading version. Finland, Italy, Russia, Poland, New Zealand, Japan, Mongolia, Cuba, Greece, The Netherlands, Denmark, & Norway)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 10:53:15 AM by Spooky Manimal »

Offline eukocar

• its not perverted its art!!
    • View Profile
Re: Where Do You Want To Visit?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 10:05:47 AM »
I would like to visit russia or Egypt.
But Finland sounds great too. And lets not forget about Ireland!

Uhm manimal we don't wear wooden shoes anymore. But you can buy them in almost every souvenir store.

Offline YoUr EyEs

• {CONSTANT PAIN AT GROUND ZERO}?•?
  • LIKEY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 10:24:18 AM »
I would visit Cuba, France, Germany and South Africa~

Offline Vio

• Listed in the MR blacklist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 01:09:01 PM »
If we are going down with family origins, then England, France, Ireland, and Germany would be on my list. I wouldn't mind visiting Netherlands since we have a good relationship with them and to see the tulips. Denmark would be next, but I might not resist the temptation to fuel the Whisky War we have with them. Finally, I would make my final visit from Europe in Belgium.

I next trip would be Australia, and possible New Zealand, during the winter season in Canada.

I'm too sure if I want to visit Japan yet, tbh.  :hmm:

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 01:28:50 PM »
I definitely need to take a longer trip back to London sometime, and see some of the other sights in England/the British isles.

Going by family history, the British isles would do for a good half of it, but that leaves Germany and Croatia on the list as well.

Someday too, I want to do a full Roman history tour, all 2000 years. By which I mean a trip to see all I can in Rome, and another for Istanbul/Constantinople/Byzantium.

Honestly though, I could just circle the whole map and label it "places I want to visit."

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline FrankieSutton

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 09:05:58 PM »
i'd like to visit Japan, Italy (or rather Sicily), vancouver, maldives, sydney, the UK, and hawaii