November 17, 2017, 09:47:17 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Question about writing material.  (Read 153 times)

Offline Phaseshifter

• View Profile
Question about writing material.
« on: October 16, 2017, 10:59:28 PM »
I didn't really know where to put this as it's a post asking a question and it's about writing so sorry in advance for any inconvenience I've caused for a moderator.

Anyway my question was about the adult material section in the forum rules. Now I have a story in the works that involves a bit off fanservice/ecchi you can say, I was wondering as to how far I can go with this. Like I understand no genitals or sexual intercourse as that's fine in my part because I have no scenes of such nature. But, my story does involve a bit of exposure of women's breasts throughout my story such as in hot baths, showers etc. Not any like pervert scenes from the main protagonist, well I suppose I can't really say they're a pervert per day as my main protagonist is a woman as well.

The second part I wanted to consult about was the graphic violence. Now the main genre of my story is military so undoubtedly there will be some scenes that some viewers may find distressing, for instance some characters will lose their arms or legs. But, it's not like sadistic violence like you see in games like Gears of War.

The reason I'm asking is because I didn't want to cause a commotion after posting something that isn't allowed. I'm fine with taking bits out when posting on this site, I just wanted to know what I can put in.

Anyway thank you to anyone who can help me!

Regards, Phaseshifter   

Offline Vio

• Listed in the MR blacklist
    • View Profile
Re: Question about writing material.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 11:49:41 PM »
Hey, Phase!

From my time here on MR, I believe you'll be fine with part 2 question, graphic violence, but I'm not sure about adult material. I've never seen an issue where someone was asked to edit/rewrite their story due to age limits, but I am interested to see where this goes as to how far can writers push.

Because if you look at how far average shounen anime/manga adult materials these days go, mentioning how a women bathes or how a guy scrubs in the shower shouldn't be new to people then.

I'm really curious how this goes when a mod or admin see this. :hmm:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 11:51:24 PM by Vio »

Offline Phaseshifter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 12:26:53 AM »
At least I have an answer to one part of my question.  :smile:

As for the adult material. All the characters are female at least the main cast. Like I said I have scenes written out describing the scenery in hot baths, showers etc. The furthest it will go will be the girls mucking around with one another from time to time, and I what mean is like having some soft hearted fun with each other. There won't be any scenes of men or boys groping or touching girls in that way because, well I don't want to give story plot away but, there's a reason why they're no boys in the main cast of characters at the moment.

Like I said I have no problems with removing scenes. It's just I've had issues in the past on other forums where I've asked whether certain material is acceptable one moderator says it's fine, then a few hours later another moderator comes read what you've posted doesn't find it acceptable then either bans or gives you a warning.

I just don't want to get in that situation lol.

Offline Lazzie_Puca

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 05:13:44 AM »
Possibly look at a mainstream anime, like Naruto, or possibly Shokogeki no sama and use those as a rule of thumb for violence or nudity. Curious if there was an anime that could be named to give the general idea of what is acceptable.

Offline Phaseshifter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 11:32:30 AM »
I suppose the best way of finding out, is to upload it, and find out what the moderators think of then go from there.

Offline Vio

• Listed in the MR blacklist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 12:23:56 PM »
You never know what may happen until you try. ;D :thumbsup:

Offline Phaseshifter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 02:15:03 PM »
I'll upload something in the next few days. The main issue with my story is that I'm split on whether I should use mecha or power armour but, I'm leaning towards the latter. But, then I want to do something like have them wear power armour but, fight in battles similar to how mechas fight (i.e. Gundam)

So if I do upload anything it'll only be what I mentioned previously, and casual interactions between the characters.