November 17, 2017, 09:50:45 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Writing a story.  (Read 65 times)

Offline Silver

• Never give up on your dreams.
    • View Profile
Writing a story.
« on: October 16, 2017, 09:02:52 PM »
What steps do you guys take before writing your story down? I feel like my writing will get better If i study the fundamentals for example do you guys get the world your working on first where's the setting? the character relationships ? who are the characters? things like that what steps do you guys take before diving in and writing it?

Offline Vio

• Listed in the MR blacklist
    • View Profile
Re: Writing a story.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 12:40:28 PM »
Generally with my ideas I try to break it down into pieces and see if the ideas can make sense or stay stable enough. :hmm:

Though most will have their own unique ways in crafting and shaping their stories.

Offline Phaseshifter

• View Profile
Re: Writing a story.
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 02:11:26 PM »
When it comes to me writing down the fundamentals I usually go character by character. So what I mean is write down everything that happens with that character then move on to the next, and the same. Obviously some characters will be appear in the same scenarios, so I mention that in my notes.

I do this because it helps me understand my character more, such as their background, motives, personal feelings and so on.

Then after all this I make a separate list of all the 'off page' events that happen. So for instance when characters mention particular events or when I describe particular events that none of my characters appear in.