November 23, 2017, 04:27:17 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Would you ever...?  (Read 117 times)

Offline YoUr EyEs

• {CONSTANT PAIN AT GROUND ZERO}?•?
  • LIKEY!
    • View Profile
Would you ever...?
« on: October 16, 2017, 06:20:21 PM »
Befriend someone that is living in the streets? Do you judge someone on appearances?

Personally, I could be friend with anyone and I would not really treat them differently than my actual friends, they are still human beings and them living in the streets is naturally not because they wanted to.

Offline Lazzie_Puca

• View Profile
Re: Would you ever...?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 05:00:54 AM »
Not me. I generally see people as animals 1st and humans 2nd. Assumption is that anyone living on the streets is going to be acting like an animal just trying to survive, and I'd keep my distance. Know that I love animals, just not the human ones.

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• Understood Newt
  • A truly critical mind is an open mind, and vice versa.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 10:16:20 AM »
^Get a load of this guy.

I've met people who live on the streets or live in homeless shelters. They're pretty normal. There are nerds among them, people who like sci-fi and video games. There are people who have had jobs in healthcare or education. Many disabled folks who can't get hired. 'Course, there are lots of addicts too, some of them reformed, some not. I've never just walked up to them on the streets, but just through happenstance I've gotten to know some.

Offline Manimal

• God of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 10:36:30 AM »
The only time I've really interacted with homeless people was volunteering at a soup kitchen for those high school volunteer hours...Some seemed like normal people who got unlucky so many of them went "Ya Ac/Dc!" whenever I wore those shirts. Could I befriend someone like that? Depends on the circumstances, my city is kind of scary. I ain't walking around talking to people on the streets.

As for appearances, ya I judge everyone on their appearance at first. and make conclusions on their character by first glances, even if I may be wrong. Many people I've thought poorly of by the way they looked and presented themselves until talking to them.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 10:38:31 AM »
It's also true that a lot of people can end up homeless through no real fault of their own. Maybe a natural disaster took your house out, or because they get kicked out by their parents (there's a massive population of under age homeless kids after all). And hell, there are some who legitimately prefer the life style. People have been trying to escape from society forever after all.

It's important to remember they're human beings too, and the only thing separating you is a few lucky breaks. Golden rule and all that.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline eukocar

• its not perverted its art!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 11:34:43 AM »
I normally don't judge people on their looks but there are some exceptions.
It really annoys me when someone is wearing a lot of gaming merchandise when going to work/school.
That's all.

Offline Tobari

• LIGHT NOVELIST
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 01:31:48 PM »
I actually do judge people and I am not ashamed of it. If someone is a drug addict, alcoholic etc, I do not want to talk to them. Why should I?

Appearance does not matter. Its whats inside, how the person acts etc.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 01:33:39 PM »
Well I don't think it's a problem to avoid the drug addicts, the danger is assuming that everyone who lives on the street is one, or something equivalent.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF