November 17, 2017, 09:49:40 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: How to progress scenes ?  (Read 95 times)

Offline Silver

• Never give up on your dreams.
    • View Profile
How to progress scenes ?
« on: October 07, 2017, 08:31:59 PM »
I'm having trouble with my writing I find myself at times going from one scene to the next but I feel like I keep rushing from scene to scene I want it to be a build up and then something happens. Any advice you guys can give to help me out with this? something that'll make my scenes seem like they happen at a good pace instead of them seeming rushed?

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: How to progress scenes ?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 09:11:24 PM »
Well, a scene needs to fulfill a purpose. Once that purpose is fulfilled, you move on. If all your scenes feel rushed, it could be that you have an overly complicated plot. Or purhaps you need to roll multiple purposes together. Can two separate ideas be combined into one? There are a lot of reasons this could be, and the only real way to understand is through review of what you have written, and what your plans are. Perhaps doing a simple plot outline can help you see from 10,000 feet, what you aren't seeing on the ground.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Silver

• Never give up on your dreams.
    • View Profile
Re: How to progress scenes ?
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 11:25:04 PM »
Well, a scene needs to fulfill a purpose. Once that purpose is fulfilled, you move on. If all your scenes feel rushed, it could be that you have an overly complicated plot. Or purhaps you need to roll multiple purposes together. Can two separate ideas be combined into one? There are a lot of reasons this could be, and the only real way to understand is through review of what you have written, and what your plans are. Perhaps doing a simple plot outline can help you see from 10,000 feet, what you aren't seeing on the ground.
This makes a lot of sense I'm not sure why I didn't think of It but I'll try this. Thank you!