November 17, 2017, 09:29:12 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 111 times)

Offline Rance

• View Profile
Greetings!
« on: October 06, 2017, 11:21:32 PM »
Hi everyone!
   I'm Rance (actually that's from 'The Who Shot Liberty Valence' rather than the anime...:P) and I live in the Portland Metro Area (Oregon, that is). I'm a writer who will eventually be looking to team up with an artist someday down the line. I've been writing for years...or better YEARS! and have a pretty good grasp on what works and what doesn't in various mediums...short stories, novels, screenplays, stage plays, etc. I have stacks of them up in the attic and none of them published...mainly because I don't send them in. It's not that I'm afraid of rejection, it's just I hate to go back over them and edit edit edit because I want to get on to the next thing. I usually have a lot of ideas and once something is done I kinda hate going back and working on it some more. For example, I wrote a novel about 15+ years ago and a while back I decided I should get off the pot and send something in. It's just about ready to go so maybe I'll have to update this at some point. Anyway, to make a maudlin tale short, during all this time I've also been a big fan of manga and anime and a short while ago I had a story pop into my head that just keeps writing itself...so much so I bought a bunch of 'learn to draw manga' books and got a ton of index cards and started to storyboard it. Making up the characters took no work because they were already there...just had to uncover them from the clutter.
...and I see I have blathered on quite a bit more than I planned but I'm not all that social so you guys will have to bear with me :)
    My favorite manga and anime works should hopefully tell you something about where I'm coming from:

Log Horizon
Sword Art Online
Gate
Restaurant of Another World
Yona of the Dawn
Grimgar
The Tower of Druaga
Claymore
Berserk
Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon (which should be retitled to 'Getting Your Rear Kicked in a..."
Overlord
Fairy Tale
Monster Masume (oops! how'd that get in here?)

just want to say thanks for letting me be part of the community!

Rance

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 01:18:09 AM »
Welcome! Editing is both the writer's greatest foe and greatest strength. If only things came out perfect the first time.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Fortis Scriptor

• Senior bucket bearer on the sinking ship of writing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 04:34:55 AM »
Well at least you acknowledge there is another Portland (As a Maine native that means a lot these days,)

Welcome to MR Rance, I'm a fellow writer though I'm not all that active on here these days  :tongue:

I look forward to reading your works good sir.

Also looking at your list of favourite anime I see you're a fellow fantasy fan (Always good to meet a fan of Overlord in particular,) and if you haven't seen it yet I would recommend Konosuba, it is a beautiful comedy series.

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 05:40:18 AM »
welcome to MR!
your favourites are oddly similar to mine :P

Offline Rance

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 10:46:33 PM »
It's odd that Konosuba was mentioned since I just started watching that the other day. It's right up my alley.
And thanks for the kind words. It's nice to be surrounded by kindred souls :)