June 19, 2018, 08:43:03 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Vio's Visual Novel Pet Project  (Read 1749 times)

Offline Vio

• Listed in the MR blacklist
    • View Profile
Re: Vio's Visual Novel Pet Project
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2017, 06:07:37 PM »
The main tool I'll be using to create the VN is Renpy, unless I find a different tool that's more appealing. :hmm:

But the choice of story all comes down to Renpy's strengths and weaknesses. If it's capable to hold some degree of action mechanics, then the story could be about a civil war. If not, then the story will focus more about detective/police mysteries with deeper meaning in the future.

I just need to know more about the program and pick what type of story gameplay to focus on when the art 60-75% done. :hmm:

Who knows, maybe I'll figure out a way to make it into a RPG type of game. :hmm: :thumbsup:

Offline Vio

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 02:21:34 PM »
Alrighty~ I'm getting ready to play with a few extiror design ideas for MR-Pub. This building shape takes the MR-Pub version 1 into account. When I originally drew the draft, I had in mind a small pub hosting around 20-ish people at most. The pub can easily be expanded if we want to increase the size, that won't be a problem at all.

I decided to put up the empty room with wooden floors (not spaced) in case someone else might want to throw in a few designs ideas as well. Remember, this is just the rough draft phase so nothing is permanent at this stage.

Offline Vio

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 05:55:36 PM »
Here's DV1 (Draft Version 1) of MR-Pub version 1. On the right side wall I would put either a dartboard and/or piano. I like the bar shelves, but everything else needs to be tweak due to the size difference object/space. :hmm:

Don't mind the lack of bar stools, I'm not drawing them for this stage of development.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 11:18:57 PM »
This is really cool! I'm working on drawing a bar for my VN/RPG pet project as well! I love how organized everything is, seems like you really thought about the space and how everything would fit in it. Are you going to be drawing in the characters as well?

Offline Vio

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 11:31:49 PM »
Thanks, devola. I'm trying to draw different interior designs in possible versions of MR-Pub, and the design above needs to tweak around to work.

As for the characters, not at this developing stage for settings. Once there is an agreement on what MR-Pub will look like, both in and out, then I'll start drawing characters in the bar(to the best of my ability, that is). :hmm: :thumbsup:

Offline Vio

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2017, 12:50:57 PM »
If my body can holdout for today, I'm going to try and design the interior of the picture below. This building size is for more of a larger crowd than the previous version. This design is suppose to have a bar patio and kitchen, but I'm just focusing on the bar and lounge area this time.

Offline Vio

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2017, 09:39:52 PM »
I just had a thought of how funny it would be to pull a fast one and release a DatingSim MangaRaiders theme instead of my original intent.

Offline Vio

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2017, 10:56:22 PM »
Here's a little update on version 2, and this is to show the difference in size between Ver1 and Ver2.

On the left side is an opening pathway to where the outdoor patio would be to drink and dine outside. The right side will have a window opening where the kitchen will serve their cooked food.

Offline Vio

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2017, 04:58:07 PM »
Another minor update with the kitchen window and stage. The stage is shaped the way it is so it can properly fit a grand piano or maybe a Blues/Jazz band. :noidea: :thumbsup:

Offline Vio

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2017, 03:09:54 PM »
A another update, 2 actually.

I've come up with a schedule to help plan, develop, and draw settings and scenes for this VN. Every week I'll start to focus my attention to new settings and put the previous settings aside for future insight, in case something need to change or rearrange.

For this week, we'll move on from the MR Pub to the MR Music Shop.

Second update is figuring out who will be in the story.

As of now, I'm trying to come up with a list of Raiders that may be featured in the game. Right now I have 16-17 characters I'll need to design, colour, and designate in the story, and those character are just the Admins, Mods, and Tans.

So, either today or tomorrow, I'll try to figure out a system to help categorize who's possible to join this story. :hmm:

Remember that this project is going to take months. There's no rush atm.

Offline eukocar

• its not perverted its art!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2017, 06:46:53 AM »
Please make one of the raiders an loli! :clapping:.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2017, 11:43:05 AM »
Sounds like you just volunteered Eukocar.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline eukocar

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2017, 09:48:50 AM »
i dont think an loli named eukocar would be charming :noidea:. (its better to make me an shota :blush:)

Offline Vio

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2017, 03:17:47 PM »
I don't know if anyone here visualize their profiles as a loli/shota. Maybe they'll ask or discuss about it when I gather information into character details, but who knows? :noidea:

For now, I'm trying to create a checklist as to who can qualify. You don't need meet all the requirements, but more the better. So far I have:

[] Hero Member / 500 or more post
[] Contributor
[] Active

I'm not planning to design and draw characters until January, so there is no rush for making a selective process at this time.

Offline eukocar

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2017, 06:33:50 AM »
Take your time
You are making a lot of progress :thumbsup:.
Maybe i can help you with some stuff.