December 12, 2017, 02:35:51 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Fall Season 2017 : First Impression Reviews & Discussion  (Read 476 times)

Online Manimal Claus

• God of Yule & Fruitcakes To
  • We All Love Santa Christ
    • View Profile
Re: Fall Season 2017 : First Impression Reviews & Discussion
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2017, 02:35:29 PM »
Love Live Sunshine S2 : Episode 7

Chika is all "why God, why God, do I have to suffer. Pain in my heart carry burdens full of struggle".

Aqours make it as one of three finalists in the Love Live, set in Akiba Dome. But as time runs out for the school things fall apart in the last hours, meaning the girl's school will close and merge with another. This is a tragedy beyond tragedies for Chika and the gang who proceed to break into emo hour for most of the episode. For when a great victory comes it's another fall. Because having your school close is the worst thing ever? I mean it would suck, but who's to say the other school is so bad? Chika's all "we have nice students here!" and I guess it's that small town charm, but wow everybody's acting like one of the girls went into cardiac arrest and died on scene here.

It ends with the nameless generic student body encouraging Aqours to go win the Love Live and put the school's name in history, tied to Aqours name when they, likely, win Love Live. The end of this episode saved it a bit for me, I find the attachment to the school hard to relate to. I suppose since it's perhaps the only school in their little town it makes some sense, but to say this episode was melodramatic doesn't even get to it. But it also makes sense, Chika put so much into Aqours in hopes that it would save to school, and after a great victory it's still not enough. So now the objective has changed, the school is closing and it's up to Aqours to make sure the name lives on in the world of Love Live.

I feel there is a good motivation here but the delivery lacks. We don't feel a good reason why the girls love the school so much. Chika says the words but very rarely do we see anything more then the 9 characters doing their thing. Hardly engaging in fun school activities. The nameless students only appear when Aqours need a kick to get going. So there is no reason for the viewer to care about the school closing. You are invested in the Aqours idea and the characters, but the school is small potatoes. However the changing of goals was kind of nice. Chika basically dies inside with this episode, but sure enough she comes back like the blazing ginger she is ready to go. It's hard to say she's any different from Honoka at this point.

At the very least Aqours is going a different path then Muse, and I do hope the school won't be saved last minute. If it does then anything built up here is comprised. It would give the evident victory a bittersweet quality. Although if Aqours end up losing somehow then, that'd be something alright. Given the preview next episode should bring back the fun times, so good.

Online Manimal Claus

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2017, 12:55:29 PM »
Love Live Sunshine S2 : Episode 8

Characters in Love Live are experience and are overcoming failure! Huzzah! The I suppose regional finalists for Love Live continue, Aqours go to a snowy town to see...Saint Snow perform. Leah ends up making a mistake that costs the duo a spot at the finals. Leah is sulky over failing at her sister's last Love Live, but Ruby is there to make things better with her own sister sadness...struggles...spanning...ya. As Aqours chills out in the town, Ruby and Leah connect, perhaps aiming at a combined Christmas performance.

This was a nice episode, Ruby is easily the weakest character and her shrieks do no favors but this atleast an episode where she got to do something. Finding a relatable quality in Leah. Good to have the Saint Snow girls more characterized, as they appeared merely as mean rivals at first. The bit with Ruby and Dia was nice, the whole wwaaaahhh we'll never get to be school idols together again. Anytime Dia says "SCHOOL IDOL" it's glorious, she says it like a spaz even when she's serious. By the way what's up with these girls, it's freezing cold and they still wear skirts and no leggings when they go out. No wonder you're so cold! Oh but they have boots...alright.

Yohane trips so hard she might need the iron butt, Hanamura eats food...kind of repetive with those jokes. Though I love the way Yohane interacts with her. This episode does the corny stuff well, and it was nice to have more then the main 9 focused on. Saint Snow pretty well kicked Aqours buttocks in the last season with a superior song and dance. But having them fail this time atleast makes for something interesting, I like how this season is doing these things. Aqours fails to save the school but they find a new goal, their only rival with focus fails to make finals but now Leah and Ruby will do something.

There was one random girl among the idols who was rocking Nozomi's exact hairstyle, atleast the twin tails. They also unintentionally did the "wow look at the size of this tree" thing from Elf at the end. Overall it was a fine episode. 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 01:02:01 PM by Manimal Claus »

Online Manimal Claus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2017, 01:42:17 PM »
Love Live Sunshine S2 : Episode 9

Oh man.

What a great episode! The first years stay in the snowy town so Ruby and Leah can work on a song for a Christmas event. The two learn to be strong without their big sisters and finally have their defining moment...in which all the other characters show up and perform with them. Which was unexpected, but really cool. Saint Snow make for much better characters then A-Rise in the original. It's nice to have gotten this much of Leah, and also nice for Ruby to have a moment. There where a few silly things in the way Aqours went to and from the town and all, but minor details aside this was a very strong episode.

The first years kind of play to their same old traits, Hanamura zura's a lot and every second line of Yohane's is "IT'S YOHANE" when called Yoshiko. But once more, she is always a star and a brilliant spaz. They are really pushing the Yohane Riko ship, but slowly. It feels like the characters are a bit too settled now, Kanan has been doing the same things in every episode, and now Dia's mole rubbing is an official trait. They have really gotten into a zone with this season, more so then first.

The song sequence in this episode was amazing! By far the greatest tune in the Sunshine anime to date. With dynamics, great melodies and actual energy, "Awaken My Power" crushes anything previous. Aqours had an issue of good singles but mediocre songs in show, but season 2 has stepped it's game with "My Mai Tonight", "Miracle Wave" and now this awesome track. Great to have Saint Snow perform with Aqours and everyone's vocals where on point, even Ruby sounded good for once. It was a bit like No Brand Girls but framed as a Snow Halation, just a different kind of song. Very good episode!