November 18, 2017, 10:07:47 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Fall Season 2017 : First Impression Reviews & Discussion  (Read 361 times)

Offline Manimal

• God of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
Fall Season 2017 : First Impression Reviews & Discussion
« on: September 26, 2017, 07:31:53 PM »

https://myanimelist.net/anime/season

Fall comes, and with it's orange glow will The Manimal's hope in a lackluster year of anime be restored?
With the return of his savior Love Live Sunshine and the second season he never needed, Unmaru-Chan 2, the Fall promises to be...atleast a little bit. But, will the other shows be good or bad? Will The Manimal even care? Well who cares about that, this thread is for all who watch things this anime season of Fall in the year of 2017. You know how it goes by now gang.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 07:37:42 PM by Manimal »

Offline adharsh-18

• View Profile
Re: Fall Season 2017 : First Impression Reviews & Discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 07:44:28 AM »
All i have to say is lelouch....why...why they do this

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 03:33:18 PM »
Blend-S : Episode 1

By all means this show looked boring, plain and not worth looking at. However Blend-S turned out to be a bit of a surprise. The idea is our lead girl wants to study aboard, she needs a job and ends up in a cafe. All the waitress play a character, tsundere, imouto etc. and by accident our heroine who tries to be nice and moe actually ends up being the sadistic one. Much like Sawako in Kimi Ni Todoke and Chizuru in ReLife her nice smile face is mean and harsh without intending to be, so we have antics as she falls into this character.

It's a fairly anime show with the owner of the restaurant being an explosive nose bleeding Italian. But even with characters acting out the tropes something feels really fun about this. What helps is that it's not another half length show. Instead it actually has time to set things up, and with the fun idea of these girls taking on roles that are directly opposite to their nature, it's enough to make things enjoyable. Since they are not actually the tropes I find this a lot better. I like the idea of having the girls have to act, especially with our main one looking mean by accident.

I think Blend-S will be a fun series to keep up with, typical in some regards, but it got off to a fun start so I'm in!

Love Live Sunshine S2 : Episode 1

Love Live Sunshine is a story of finding your way through your idols. A story of a young girl blazing her own trail with her idol friends in the wake of her inspiration. In the first season Chika is obsessed with the old Love Live idols, Muse. But when Aqours suffers a crushing 0 vote defeat in the Love Live contest preliminaries Chika learns she has to become her own leader. Step out of Honoka's shadow and cast Muse aside and make Aqours a group of it's own. Things end with great resolve, no victory, but a resolve and aim for the future.

Now we are back and things are fun for two minutes before bam, the school is getting closed again. Their progress in season 1 was a failed effort. Mari's dad cancels the big open house and states the school will be shut down and students moved somewhere else. To Aqours and their undying love of this school, they can't let this happen. Now there is a new challenge and more drama.

Idol talk. SPARKLING. MIRACLE. THIS IS ALL IDOL TALK! Every line Chika says is cheesy idol talk, the whole ending is just rah rah, we will shine and sparkle and have our own miracle! I wish the series could cast this aside because the story is fine, the big victory being a defeat is a fine arc, but it could do with less cheesiness. In Love Live 2, the original, Muse had saved the school and now they where just dicking around and aiming to win the Love Live contest. Aqours is in a different place, they still have to save their school and also want to do better in the Love Live.

I love the cast, I love their little moments of interaction and such. But I feel we should just have more fun with them now. We got so little good times with the cast in season 1, it was a lot of moping and crying. But Aqours is a different thing then Muse, and atleast something has changed here. Now Aqours is on a different path then where Muse was, they have to try once more to save the school. So...we'll see how it goes, but right now this is just, an okay first episode.

The best parts are when Riko screams in Chika's face and acts like a goof, and we meet Yohane's Mom. Yoshiko is the best, she is so animated and fun. Same with boo boo Dia.

Offline Vacant

• MR's official no.1 rapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 09:59:14 PM »
JUUNI TAISEN: EPISODE 1

Overview: Juuni Taisen is an anime adaptation of a light novel penned by NisiOisiN, who you may recognise as the author of the Monogatari series. It follows the events of a bloody and dark survival game between 12 participants themed around the Chinese Zodiac. Action, mind games and violence is the order of the day here.

Review:
                    Beyond what I've stated above, I didn't know much about the plot going into this show. After the first 2 episodes, not much has changed.

Episode 1 throws us in with the Boar, Inounoshishi. She's a cold and calculating killing machine, who's packing two huge cannons...I'm of course referring to her tommy guns, what were you thinking about? We learn a bit about her backstory (spoilers, she kills a lot of people per her fathers orders). I guess she's a kind of mercenary? Anyway, we learn her father was the previous victor of the tournament. We also learn her sister was chosen to participate, but our boar friend drove her insane and to suicide, so there's that.

She's last to arrive and our commentator/overseer of the tournament appears and gives a quick rundown of the rules. Its pretty simple, last man standing rules. They each swallow a gemstone which turns out to be a lump of poison that will kill them in 12 hours. The only way to win is to retrieve all 12 of the said gemstones from their opponents lifeless corpses. The old dude that looks like the Tsuchikage from Naruto asks what happens if the stones are destroyed, to which the organiser lets us know that they're indestructible and only react to stomach acid (Vomit more destructive than explosives confirmed).

Oh yeah. There's Usagi, the weird bunny guy who's already relieved one of the participants of their head. The image of a muscular Ken Kaneki in bunny ears and speedos is one I wont forget for a while. Anywho a peace pact is proposed before the floor collapses and the combatants disperse. Boar lady runs into Rabbit guy and she plots her victory in her head. When she goes to enact her plan however, the headless corpse from earlier rises up and grabs her, allowing Usagi to mess her day up with his machete. He's revealed to be a Necromancer and the episode ends on her eyes closing in what's seemingly death (Spoiler...it is. She dead.)

So there was some interesting points in the first episode. For one, they're already down to 11 fighters and I have conflicting feelings about it. On one hand, its serves a purpose (by giving Usagi an ally right off the bat), but it sorta feels like they're trimming the field for the sake of time. But given its a novel adaptation, that wouldn't really apply. I dunno its not a big deal but it stuck out to me. The second is our POV dies in the first Episode! Granted, she wasn't exactly a likeable character, nor did I think the show would focus on one character either, but I thought their would be four prominent ones we followed or something.
                         In any case, while the stories vague, we're given enough to go off in the first episode to enjoy it and look forward to the next one. We know they're in a death game with the poison serving as the ticking timebomb that ensures swift action. I do have several questions I would like answered in the coming episodes though;
                          Are they forced to participate? Who organises the tournament? Are they human, gods, mutants or what. Someone needs to explain what the warriors are so we have an idea of what they can feasibly do. what are their motives and wishes (the victor gets any wish of theirs granted)?

Visually I enjoyed it. Minimal CG, interesting character designs and  smooth animation. The artstyle is consistent and the battles so far have looked alright. Soundwise, the OST didnt stand out in the first ep. but I've enjoyed the voice acting. That is with the exception of the organisers catchphrase "everybody clap your hands". Maybe it sounds cooler to a native Japanese speaker, but it just reminds me of the Cha Cha Slide.

Overall, if you're looking for a bloody, action show thats aimed towards the more mature end of the scale then this may be for you. also if you're a fan of the Battle Royale style survival games then this is one to check out.

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 11:14:08 AM »
Net-Juu no Susume

Remember last Fall when we had quality shows like Hibike 2, Flip Flappers, Keijo and such? Well welcome to 2017 post Winter, scraping the bottom of the barrel for something to watch and well...sometimes when something isn't total garbage it's a nice surprise. Welcome to other game based show...but wait, it's the good kind. The kind about players playing a MMO, not being stuck in it. Thank God, I much prefer this. Our heroine is a 30 year old NEET, one day she starts to play a new game as a handsome guy. She meets a nice girl, no surprise given the poster and ED is some guy she randomly meets, and they get along.

It reminds me of Netoge, but this is a different set-up. It's not too bad, as soon as I see "MMO" related anything in anime it's instant, NO! But this angle on things is atleast more fun. I don't know what kind of approach things will take, if it will be helping our heroine get of the games and get into life...wait this is an anime, it's likely going to be NEET antics and in game fun. Well, I'm okay with that because this first episode was decent. Not hilarious or anything, but a good enough set-up to watch more. The OP is very good with a lot of cool melodies and guitar interplay and the ED is solid as well. We'll see where it goes, I expect something, entertaining. 

Two Car

Two girls, they race. Some kind of fancy motorcycle side car team action. This was a decent episode, it's basically just two old friends who have clashing personalities are a team for sidecar racing, which is atleast an interesting idea. It's a pretty straight slice of life set-up, they're serious about that racing. Fall 2017 is season of the mole. First it was Dia's mole, then it both these shows the main girls got moles. All hail the mole. There is remarkably so little to say on this show, it started alright and I'll watch it. Yup.

Offline Vacant

• MR's official no.1 rapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 02:55:04 PM »
Imouto Sae Ireba Ie

I was gonna write a review of this show...but what can I say? The first two minutes will make you question why you ever thought seeking out this show was a good idea. Highlights of this opening scene include;

A naked 13 year old waking up her older brother by straddling him, followed by serving him a cup of warm breast milk and her worn panties to eat. There's an omelette made from her eggs too? But yeah, I'm not going there. Oh yeah, he washes his face in her bathwater and dries off with her bra. "The taste of my little sister spreads inside my mouth" is also a genuine line of dialogue in the show.

Hard cut to an editor telling the real MC that his script is garbage and is getting rejected. Haha, get it? It was over the top satire. Thing is, it wasn't funny. Neither did it really set the tone for the rest of the episode. It was weird more than anything. It does serves a purpose in that it introduces the defining trait of the main character...He is obsessed with little sisters. Fortunately, he doesn't actually have a real sister though, only a brother. Funnily enough the editor passes his lil bro and internally wishes that he was female, so our MC would have a younger sister after all. I didn't like that cuz the implications were quite sinister if you thought about it. This 20 year old dudes writing about eating a 13 year olds pants and his editor wishes that was a reality? Japan whats wrong wit'chu?

To be honest, from there not much happens. His novel writer friends come by to hang out, they play a game akin to 21 questions, which lasts a while and isn't particularly interesting. He's left alone with the girl who wants to ride his dick, they do the oops a drinks spilled on me so i'll have to shower and borrow your clothes routine. During this she sniffs his boxers so, fair play I guess.

Visually its good enough for what it is. Voice acting was okay, the character designs were simple but distinctive between each other.

Overall, theres the first two mins that're there for shock value, but if you dig a little deeper, beneath that lies a painfully average ecchi comedy. I didn't laugh at anything and no one was particularly memorable. So unless you really want to give it a fair chance and apply the 3 episode rule, then I'd give this one a miss. 

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 05:52:55 PM »
still catching up last years anime lol gonna be a while before i can comment on these :P

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 01:10:59 PM »
Himouto! Umaru-chan R : Episode 1

No one asked for this meme to come back, no one really wanted this, but at the same time, it's Umaru. Literally the stupidest yet...oddly enjoyable series. Umaru lives three lives, as the classy school girl, arcade mastermind UMR and the small chibi free loader whiner complainer cutest creature you want to punch in the face mini Umaru. She's such a little sh*tface that I find this amusing. We didn't need this, the ED is so dumb, yet here we are. More Umaru. Well, I'm not really complaining I guess. Here we go...

In this episode Umaru gets the house to herself and somehow sleeps for 16 hours. She then plays soccer with her class and gets all friendly with people she is friends with as her alternate selves, yet somehow these people are so stupid they can't tell Umaru, UMR and mini Umaru are the same person. WHICH MEANS mini Umaru is a real thing and not her imagination. So she really can transform into this little creature, yet no one questions it. The feeling Umaru gives me is hard to describe, it's more silliness but I think it wants you to take it seriously? I DON'T KNOW DON'T ASK ME THE APPEAL OF THIS SERIES OR CHARACTER BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW!

Net-Juu no Susume : Episode 2

Moriko continues to binge the MMO when a chance encounter in the morning leaves her, FRICKING KO'ED. Through the greatest of chances she meets the guy she's been playing games with, of course they don't know as they gender swap online. and it ends with an invitation to dinner. So we set up the real life romance aspect of the series, while our 30 year old NEET heroine lives out another blooming romance online. I actually quite like what this show is setting up, we see these elements a lot, and it's way too convenient that these two would meet in real life but it's kind of fun! I like Moriko and her antics, I think this will be an enjoyable 10 episode series.

The OP is fantastic as well! ED to. 

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 12:17:31 PM »
Love Live Sunshine S2 : Episode 2

Aqours has to get 100 prospective students to keep the school alive so they work hard for the festival and the Love Live competition. To split the load the second years work on one song while the first and third years work together on another. They find it hard to reach common ground and spend the episode getting to know each other better and making a song.

YES. This was a MUCH better episode then the first. This is the good stuff of Love Live. It was fun with a lot of great character moments and a nice arc. We got to see more of Kanan and her new scaredy cat quirk. Mari finally shows her love of metal when she plays a song she was working out. The third years love it but it's too hardcore for the first, which disappointed me. Yoshiko is not a true goth if she can't handle metal. There is perhaps the only bath scene in anime with no suggestive shots or boob grabbing, and in general the six characters in focus get a perfect balance of screen time.

It was great to finally push the second years out of the picture. Chika is all "shining" and jumping dramatically, You is just supporting her friend and Riko is always entertaining, but to finally have them out of most of the episode made for great moments from the rest of the cast. They where really animated, with Yoshiko going crazy as always. Hanamura had a lot of moments, and even Ruby was good. It was a great episode for the gang! Dia showed a high fashion sense with her styling red tie...and ya. Good episode, it represents the best side of Love Live and I do hope the rest of the season will be this good.

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2017, 12:39:27 PM »
Love Live Sunshine S2 : Episode 3

Yes, this is what it's all about! With the school open house delayed a week, falling on the same Sunday as the Love Live preliminaries, Aqours must decided what to do, and perhaps pick one over the other. The group is ready to split in two but at the last minute things work out in a lovably corny and heart warming manner. THEY PERFORMED KIMI NO KOKORO! Man that was 2 years ago that song came out already, it was deadly to see it used so perfectly in the show at last! It fit so well.

There where so many nice moments in this episode, seriously heart felt stuff. Love Live has idol cheese but, damnit it's episodes like this that show you why it's so good. Dia and Ruby have such a sweet moment here, and once more Chika's crazy ideas and big speeches pay off. I love Aqours so much, all these characters are just fantastic, all 9 of them. The show puts a lot of effort into bringing them to life and giving them quirks of their own. This and episode 2 have been balancing things super well, touching a bit too much on certain aspects, but man it's fun whenever Yohane gets all Fallen Angel mode and Hanamura and Ruby mess with her. and Kanan's reactions to things are gold also.

There will be more drama on the way, but now that we got over all the big stuff in season 1, it seems we are just ready for these characters to explode like this. Episode 1 sort of gave the wrong feeling but now things are on track and I do hope it will stay that way. We got over the third year's issue with idols, Hanamaru's confidence issues, and all that stuff, frick every character but Chika and You had some problem joining the group. Even You got a nice episode in season 1 where she comes to terms with her best friend getting all snug with a new friend.

But this was a great episode, the new song with the Wakagi Band like arrangement was solid, the outfits where beautiful and...it was just nice. This episode shows the right balance with corniness and sweetness that makes Love Live work. It's not always on point, but this episode really hit it perfect for me and I can only hope things continue this way.

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2017, 11:43:57 AM »
Blend-S : Episode 3

This show really is quite the surprise. I dislike Mafuyu and that whole character she is, but aside from that everyone else is likable and has their own unique and funny traits. Maika is the best, the back story with her parents is great, especially the misunderstandings and her seemingly evil but actually admiring glare at a Colonel Sanders statue. The best part is when Maika finds a bondage doujin and is scarred for life. Everyone has to think of a low key way to find the owner, while Maika is churning with trauma over what she has seen. and this leads us to find the owner is the lewd girl in the OP, big shock. This is a decent start overall and I feel Blend-S is something worth watching week to week for some fun.

Net-Juu no Susume : Episode 3

The hijinks continue, a lot of things are set up including Moriko's backstory, the mysterious conditions of her leave and the guys intends in the game. The game world itself is pretty underwhelming, it doesn't look very good or imaginative. In general the art is very simple, but the idea and themes of the show are quite good and Moriko is a very enjoyable lead to watch in her adventures. Certainly the show is a little more then another anime about MMO's. It's not going to be some big deep NHK kind of NEET exploration, but I think it will be a nice tale. Unless it takes some seriously serious plot twists. Otherwise I would say it's worth sticking with.

Konohana Kitan : Episode 1-3

Cute fox girls work at a hot springs in an old time fantasy setting. It's a familiar idea, but I found the first three episodes to be fairly enjoyable. The cast have their social issues and things to get over, there is the tsundere but we learn why she's a tsundere. and the mean girl but we learn why she's like that to. Naturally Yuzu is used as the central point for these characters to develop. She's the overly good spirited, too well natured to live, type character. and in her everyone finds something to be happy about. It rides the line of cheesiness as these shows do, but I find it to be actually quite nice. It's far more successful then Urara Meircohou at creating this kind of setting and cast. I think it will be a fine watch!

So that does it for me this season for what to watch, I think while it's a major drop from the quality of fall 2016, there is enough for me to watch here. More then the last two seasons! Love Live Sunshine 2 is turning great, you know The Manimal loves those idols. Umaru R is stupid but, drives me mad. and these three are pretty decent so bam!

1. Love Live Sunshine 2
2. Blend-S
3. Net-Juu no Susume
4. Kotohana Kitan
5. Umaru R

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2017, 08:34:05 PM »
The Ancient Magus Bride Might Be The Anime Of 2017!

Just three episodes in this show has moved me in ways nothing else from this year has. It's a wonderful start. A great world is built with a lot of cool elements, a neat concept and a great cast of characters. The art is amazing, the backgrounds are so good. It feels so English that my teeth turned yellow and I started going BA. Like all the details of the house, down to the super British food they eat, the tiles on the wall, there is a ton of effort put into the setting. and wow does it ever look amazing, the bright art, and fantastic set pieces, oh man.

Episode 3 though was something else. Without saying anything I almost shed tears. The pacing is so perfect in this show, it allows you to take it all in and what is being set-up is really whimsy with a lot of imagination and possibly. Oh man, it's been forever since a seasonal show has left me wanting more right now. Normally I'm good for the week, but Magus Bride's first three episodes where truly fantastic. Wow. To say this was unexpected doesn't say enough.

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2017, 12:32:01 PM »
Love Live Sunshine S2 : Episode 4

Aqours qualifies for Love Live, and now must make money for the trip to Tokyo. They look for ways to make money while Dia tries to get closer to everyone, despite being an awkward bean. DIA FOCUS EPISODE. This is just what we need, a really excellent episode that showed the warmer side to Dia. See is the only one is the group anyone refers to as "san" and gets mad jealous of Kanan and Mari. She fights against her normal nature but nothing seems to work, naturally coming to the conclusion that she is like she is and everyone loves her anyway.

As normal everything was on point, the animation however is wonky in key frames. But the characters and their actions are great. Kanan and Mari are right in sync with each other and as normal, there is atleast 2-3 great Yohane moments pre episode. She always does something amusing. Chika and Hanamura are like Sponge Bob and Patrick, but more like Patrick and Patrick. Even Riko's fear of dogs came back into things, and they work at an aquarium making the PV for "Koi Ni Naritai Aquarium" canon! I love how they are using the singles and settings of the videos in the show.

Dia is certainly my favorite in the show, though it's hard when Yohane is a thing. Never have I seen a chuuni character nearly as good as Yohane, and this is mainly because her issue was resolved super fast and effectively and she's always funny. But this was a good episode to show more of Dia's character beyond her BUU BUU DESU WA's and such. We find out about her habit of rubbing dat mole when she's hiding something and explore why she is the way she is. There where a lot of good scenes and little bits in this episode. Love Live Sunshine 2 is just doing what it should be doing, it's making all that drama in season 1 pay off perfectly! Lovin' it.

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2017, 12:15:38 PM »
Love Live Sunshine S2 : Episode 5

Cute episode! Yoshiko stumbles on a lost pupper but can't keep it at her condo so she hands it off to Riko who is deathly afraid of dogs. Riko slowly over comes her fear and comes to love the pup, arguing with Yoshiko over who gets to keep it until the owner is found. The girls get depressed and miss the little doggy, they get over their little arc and it all ties into the themes of invisible magic, strings of coincides and the little events that spark life movements. It was a very nice episode that paired two characters (both in the sub unit Guilty Kiss) who never really interacted before. Riko gets to face her fear of dogs and we get to see the rare serious side of Yohane.

Yoshiko is a compelling chuuni character because her reasons are clearly explained, she is an unlucky awkward kid who gets carried away with her Gothic imagination. This time her and Riko both come to love this pup and there is a good arc to this episode, and nice to see a dog focused ordeal instead of the normal cats. There is a really funny, and depressing, scene where the two draw the dog in the sand and throw a stick yelling "fetch". The season is making the right moves, as the main focus with Chika and everything is certainly a lot less interesting. Sunshine has a pretty colourful and fun cast of characters, and they are finally showing unique traits to differ themselves from Muse.

This was a good showcase for Yoshiko and Riko, with an interesting set-up and as normal, a classic corny Love Live way to connect everything. There was a bit in the narrative that felt odd, and Riko keeping the poor pup in it's kennel was not nice, but it was fun overall. 

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2017, 06:23:44 PM »
Love Live Sunshine S2 : Episode 6

The streak had to end soon enough. After all those fun times we need to get some more progression to the plot. Aqours are getting ready for the Love Live preliminaries, or qualifiers? I don't know, one of those. From the third years failed idol days Kanan has a dance so intense that she fears bringing it into play as Mari injured herself trying to the central move last time. After some convincing Kanan's choreography is practiced and Chika has to work hard to nail the big cartwheel. Through hours of failing, and somehow not gravely injuring herself Chika nails the move with the power of friendship and Aqours performs a new song.

It was another episode high on the cheese with all the themes of trying hard and friendship. It seemed like a Kanan focus episode, but turned into more of a Chika one with her iron reserve. Kanan is still just the very serious character. There was one silly bit where she's about to throw her notebook with the choreography in the water, prompting Mari to do a dramatic dive to catch it. Then of course everyone gives a speech on how great Chika is and bam the group makes their performance. The song was alright, atleast up tempo. I really liked the outfits as well with the differing hair pieces for everyone. Kanan's sense of style is great also, she rocked the stripped sweater and jeans with only one rip.

Yohane and Riko have become the new ship the series pushes, now from last episode they have "made a contract" and Riko is Yohane's little demon Lili. An odd pairing, especially when Chika and Riko where pushed as being gayer then gravy for each other in season 1. The third years as a group don't have a lot to offer as characters at this point, while Dia and Mari are great on their own, Kanan doesn't do much more then put her hands on her head, be serious and wink. There weren't many cool bits of character as in the previous episodes.

A high point is how when phoning one of the girls from Saint Snow, it's actually noted how hard it is to follow the originals and "pioneers" of Love Live. Like the show is saying "ya Muse is hard to top". Sunshine's strong point is in the fun focus episodes, the characters shine and it's fun. In episodes like this it gets a little too corny. It's not a bad episode but it broke the string of great episodes.